• Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
so you guys think they made a million "WTKD"

tumblr_lmpf0v2JZB1qjkec8o1_500.png

And some people don't even wanna pay $300, bahaha. Wait till tomorrow morning
Just came back from Flightclub - they told me starting tomorrow after the release, all pairs they take in will be posted at $400, which after their 20% cut, leaves the seller with $320.

Just came back from Flightclub - they told me starting tomorrow after the release, all pairs they take in will be posted at $400, which after their 20% cut, leaves the seller with $320.
Yep. Now that is a very good indicator of market value. Low $300 is where you will see these settle at

FC is without a true indicator of the market if you take their 20% commission into account.
there is some validity in that point... but your day to day reseller doesn't have the clients that FC has.. they're not searching the craiglist ads looking for the best deal.. they want a particular sneaker, with as little hassle as possible, money isn't a real concern with a majority of the customers... however some are just unaware of how things work, 

lol now cats got the "What the Couch" LOL:rofl:

Marketing overload man. You'll see this couch in a packaged set with the KD's soon on eBay

Sellers description: "even has the Kevin Durant *** print in the seat so you can get the true feeling of a superstar athlete"

Last edited:

Yep. Now that is a very good indicator of market value. Low $300 is where you will see these settle at
And for what it's worth, Flightclub will be posting the Cigars and Champagnes for $450 each, which after their 20% cut, leaves the seller with $360.  Considering the retail price is $250 plus taxes...the profit margin on the 6s isn't going to be as great as some may think.

Another thing to consider is that while Flightclub will take the WTKds at $400 and the 6s at $450 each, there's inevitably going to be sellers who want to unload quicker and price theirs even lower.  For example, when the Carmines released, Flightclub had them up at $350, but within 2 days, there were pairs for $300 (leaving the seller only $240).

So at the end of the day, if you take Flightclub's prices, take off 20%, that leaves you with a pretty good idea of resell value.

And for what it's worth, Flightclub will be posting the Cigars and Champagnes for $450 each, which after their 20% cut, leaves the seller with $360.  Considering the retail price is $250 plus taxes...the profit margin on the 6s isn't going to be as great as some may think.

Another thing to consider is that while Flightclub will take the WTKds at $400 and the 6s at $450 each, there's inevitably going to be sellers who want to unload quicker and price theirs even lower.  For example, when the Carmines released, Flightclub had them up at $350, but within 2 days, there were pairs for $300 (leaving the seller only $240).

So at the end of the day, if you take Flightclub's prices, take off 20%, that leaves you with a pretty good idea of resell value.

That same 240 you could've made without them but got too lazy to market your product correctly. FC over saturates the market too much. Sellers don't even realize that putting em there is getting you the same price had you sold via forums or Instagram or CL. Some people just don't want to think.

Then they'll sit there and front like they still made 450. Come on with that bs. If you took an L when it came to what you really wanted, then you probably ain't have no business selling them anyway

Only shoes I would sell through Flightclub are the heavy hitters. Yeezys, 2k lebrons, etc.

I will gladly take that 20% hit if it means I'm selling headache free.

That same 240 you could've made without them but got too lazy to market your product correctly. FC over saturates the market too much. Sellers don't even realize that putting em there is getting you the same price had you sold via forums or Instagram or CL. Some people just don't want to think.

Then they'll sit there and front like they still made 450. Come on with that bs. If you took an L when it came to what you really wanted, then you probably ain't have no business selling them anyway
Oh I agree with you that at the end of the day, a reseller is probably going to make the same whether they sell through Flightclub or on their own through IG/Craigslist, etc.  The problem is that lately, you have resellers (most of them young kids from what I've seen), taking their pairs to Flightclub, but then pricing their pairs lower than the recommended price for a quicker flip.  That causes the overall price of the shoes to drop.

Prices at Flightclub used to be a LOT worse before but now, they're not as bad cause of the younger reseller crowd.

Back
Top Bottom