OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm not feelin the superhero theme, kinda childish. I do like the shoes tho. Could've been marketed different, or maybe kept the superhero theme but based it off of actual superheroes.

ID pay the $200 on a pair of the home or away elites before I pay $200 on the gimmicky pairs tho.

yeah i've always been more of a fan of the away colors but i learned my lesson from last year to just wait it out. although it looks like a different story considering the kobe 8 is a jump step above the kobe 7. who knows??

its an easy pass for me too I ain't feelin the superhero hyped,
Unless kobe wears that superhero costume I might change my mind! lol

:D

Whatever Nike execs approved that "Superhero" art with Kobe looking like a broke*** Green Power Ranger needs to be fired...and that design team! :x

Kobe deserves better than that! :smh:

I'm not feelin the superhero theme, kinda childish. I do like the shoes tho. Could've been marketed different, or maybe kept the superhero theme but based it off of actual superheroes.
yea i think basing them off of actual superheroes woulda been koo

This! All 3 sigs colors don't scream superhero at all it seems like nike was like lets call these superheroes to sell some t shirts. Lebron iron man or batman, kd? Maybe spiderman kobe batman or wolverine would of looked sick with that ugly exposed fly wire would of been good use of it. I'll cop if I can use both military discount + birthday coupon.

This! All 3 sigs colors don't scream superhero at all it seems like nike was like lets call these superheroes to sell some t shirts. Lebron iron man or batman, kd? Maybe spiderman kobe batman or wolverine would of looked sick with that ugly exposed fly wire would of been good use of it. I'll cop if I can use both military discount + birthday coupon.

the beasts say you not looking at them hard enough :nerd:

Last edited:
I even think the logo's ugly 
nerd.gif

Nice stuff coming out, but not doing it for me. I personally like the two stripes, (I call and see them as snake fangs) better than the full Kobe logo. If Nike decides to drop the white (not to be confused with the grey), home pair with the yellow sole and purple swoosh and the two stripes down the back of the shoe, those will be my next Kobe 8 purchase since the Sulfur and Christmas game, I passed on everything else.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think since Marvel is owned by Disney (who own ESPN and ABC), Nike would cater more to the Marvel Universe because of Disney's ties to the NBA.

If they stuck to that:

Kobe: Captain America or maybe Venom?
LeBron: Iron Man?
KD: SpiderMan or maybe the Hulk (because of his "Not Nice" ads this year)?

Last edited:
I even think the logo's ugly 
nerd.gif

I had no idea the tongue logo on the Elites would be ****** sized :lol:. I'm sure they'll throw out 1-2 decent colorways to keep people interested, but the overall design of the Elites is really lacking IMO.

Last edited:
The elites should be team colors, and maybe the black/gold and white/gold colorways.

It's for the playoffs, not fun and games. Save those colorways for regular releases.

The superhero thing made this year's elite series seem toy-ish, from the colors to the OD superhero armor images

If they were going for "childhood throwback" or "collectible" they nailed it

But I thought elites were supposed to be high-performance, fine tuned, etc. (even if it's all in the head)

The elites should be team colors, and maybe the black/gold and white/gold colorways.

It's for the playoffs, not fun and games. Save those colorways for regular releases.
I agree. I really need a Lakers colorway. 

Back
Top Bottom