OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Any idea on the price for those mambacurials?

Just checked my local sports shop and I can get the indoor mercurials in the exact same color for $75
so Nike crazy if they expect us to pay $180+ for them. Just a standard football (soccer) cw. 

Edit: Just checked kickscrew... $250 
roll.gif

Damn I hope no one pays that sh*t as they nothing special.

Actually on eastbay for 60 - http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...pink/purple/?cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

Kobe 8 Elite Review:

After about 3 separate sessions of hooping at 1.5 hrs/session, this is what I've noticed so far:

- the lockdown is crazy compared to the original 8. The EM over time tends to lose its rigidity and becomes really flexible (my sulfurs are the ones I've hopped in most since December and they have become so roomy in toebox area). With the dynamic fly wire, I can see this not becoming an issue, as I used to double sock with the sulfurs to ease this problem)

- the carbon fiber heel clip is ok not great but it does seen a little better than the protruding TPU plate I believe used on the regular 8. Lockdown is better in the heel because of this, but it's nothing of a drastic improvement

- the tongue was my main problem with what I considered a perfect shoe with the regular 8s. Such a small change as to add padding feels so much better, especially for those of us that tie our laces tight.

- my main love for the shoe comes with the forefoot and heel zoom insert. At first these things hurt like hell, because it is narrow as hell. Kinda reminded me of the VII for the first 5 mins of putting on the shoe but after walking in them the cushlon zoom insert starts the molding process. Much better than the VIIs cause there is no sock liner on top if the footbed for the insert so its easier to break in if that makes sense. The bounce you get, especially in the heel, is great ( Im sure those with Supernaturals can attest to this). The forefoot zoom is not as noticeable till you make that hard cut with your balls of your feet and then you get that spring in your step. For those that have experienced a worn out lunar insert, this feels pretty damn good

That's all for now but I will post again tomorrow after a few more games today. Hope this helps some people in here! Sort for any typos and weird looking sentences, I did this on my phone lol

Thanks for the review! Do you prefer the elite insole over a new lunarlon? whenever I wear my supernaturals for ball I swap in my lunarlon insoles.

Question guys:

I got 7 pairs of kobe 8s. I dont wanna ball in them cus i rock em out casually but i need to play ball in one of them for my upcoming league. Which one pair do u guys think i should play in that wont make me regret messing up?

Easters
Sulfurs
ASG
Xmas
Blue lights
BHM
Red Camo
red camos

I need those. Can't believe people say the fades are gonna be their last kobe 8 pick up.
lol, word. the real reason why im getting the fades is because these aren't confirmed, they have the "venice beach" crap coming out on the 25th, i was mad, thought these were gonna drop. the number 1 on my radar right now are the silver upper with purple bottom and then these "home" and then the fade's. seeing how the first two on my list aren't confirmed (and might never release because they might be PEs), can't pass on the fades. nike need to drop the "homes" and the silver and purple joints already, or least confirm that they releasing

Thanks for the review! Do you prefer the elite insole over a new lunarlon? whenever I wear my supernaturals for ball I swap in my lunarlon insoles.

I prefer a broken in Elite insole over a new lunarlon, but if both are broken in its tough. Lunar is great but there's a fine line between being broken in lunar and bottom'd out lunar.

To answer your question haha: 51-49 elite over lunar

^^^ those are nice too. was thinking about iDing something similar. Phoenix Suns colors tho?

^ not iDs, no pattern on iD and the Kobe sig is colored

Last edited:
Those looks like iD with the new upper option. 

naw theyre not the new ID patterns. the new pattern that came out was the blue coral snake pattern, that pair up there is the YOTS red camo pattern. the guy wearing them is someone VERYYY close to kobe and he always has unreleased colorways of every kobe model so he probably just had nike make him up a special ID pair for him with the white/grey YOTS pattern.

so orange and purple? why not yellow?

people are gonna be upset lol.

they're okay though. give me that upper for ID so i can do a whiteout :D

So I remembered getting bashed for saying I gifted the man $220 for these , look at me know I think I took a W considering he paid 12$ for shipping 208$ for Xmas Kobe's was a steal

Does anyone have any reputable sources or people they deal with in ATL? I haven't had a good experience yet, but thats the closest "high-traffic" sneaker area to me so there's gotta be SOME good eggs.

So I remembered getting bashed for saying I gifted the man $220 for these , look at me know I think I took a W considering he paid 12$ for shipping 208$ for Xmas Kobe's was a steal
Congrats on getting your pair but honestly the people saying not to gift were looking out for you. Unless you send it to a trusted friend/seller you could've easily got scammed and being a gift payment, there is no way to get it refunded if the seller scammed you. Don't need to call people out who were trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom