OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

i have wide feet and i went a half size up in the vii's and was actually able to go a half size down on the 8's. this has to do with the EM upper which is quite flexible, so i went with the half size down since i will use these for ball and wanted a snug fit. for most it will be TTS i assume, but like stated earlier, just depends on your foot shape. if you've worn the lg4's the cushion will be familiar but firmer. so far so good. happy with mines. 3m swoosh is awesomeee

still contemplating on some $16 socks :\

Thanks for this!:smokin

Last edited:
To me, the kobe VIII looks better on the inner side where the swoosh is smaller and higher near the ankle rather than the outer side where it is just a traditional big swoosh like all other nike shoes. With the smaller and higher swoosh, the focal point of the shoe is on the pattern, which I assume is the main design/attraction of it, the big swoosh kinda take away the focus on the pattern.

saw these at FTL a minute ago...I cant believe you guys like these. I dont see how cws can save them either. i mean maybe they can, but i just dont see this shoe getting much better than it currently is. i mean they used 3 different color yellows on it. it looks atrocious lol. imo.

S/O to BIGPOINT for the Kobe 8 Elite socks. Good lookin' out!

THIS. Glad there are still NTers willing to help others out. Thanks again BigPoint.

Gonna have to resist on copping the Sulfurs today since everything, including the Christmas Lights are right around the corner. So much fire this holiday season.

I want to get some sulfurs and hoping the FTL I go to accepts the BDAY coupon...
heard puente hills wouldn't honor the coupon, but montebello did...
don't understand that, but I know cerritos FTL is notoriously crappy for taking the coupon.

rehashing how? its a low top, what more can they do?

THIS.

The uppers every year have evolved at least.

The flywire on the 5 was amazing at the time.

The 6 brought the SICK scale look with the thinner flywire.

7 brought the system idea (although flawed in a lot of peoples minds) and the newer flywire (again)

Then this year it's the mesh that has never been used before in a basketball shoe and going with the full length lunarlon is another step.

They continue to push the envelope as much as they can, with less shoe to do it with. I couldn't be happier with this line, since the ZK1. Every year with the exception of the 7 has been a vast improvement for me and have been my go to basketball shoe over essentially everything else i've tried.

called footlockers around me.. (so/cal)

all are doing reserves for the x-mas joints!!!

must be physically in the store to fill out the ticket, then pick them up on the 26..

Wanted to try them on in store to see about the sizing and NOWHERE within an hour of me has them in any size which is crazy because I don't live in the middle of nowhere. Gonna have to wing it if I wanna get the Christmas's on the 26th (if anyone will pick up a phone and tell me how they are releasing them). For those who did pick them up, how is the sizing width wise?

called 10 footlockers around me in socal and most didnt have any more tickets and none had my size. this was all in the 909, 323, 626 area. if your footlocker has "plenty" it would be nice to point out which one. 

Lookin good

Back
Top Bottom