OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Black/Gold elites are nice but only for $150-160 or below. I see no point in buying these for retail at all. Save your money and wait, even if they do sell out at some point, I'm sure you can still buy these for retail down the road everywhere online either through ebay, big cartel sites or other online stores. To me that's a very small risk worth taking by waiting, see if the price drops and if not, can still be had for retail in the future
that's why I don't mind beating my Elites right now.  I probably won't want to buy another pair of them because by the time they get all worn out, the Kobe 9 Elites will most likely be ready to drop next year, and I'll probably end up copping those.  Hopefully they stick with the Black/Gold scheme.

Last edited:

Should we be expecting the 9's earlier than expected?

No.

There's Black/Gold Kobe VII's sitting on eBay for $140. I remember when I paid a few dollars over retail to get them last year.

VIII's will definitely be copped in this colorway, maybe I'll use my MC money or get rid of my extra pair of fades. Black n Gold is tooooo hot!

Somebody mentioned Kobe July RDs a few pages back. Anybody know of any sources dropping this info?
None at the present moment fam.

However, Blitz Blue will be copped
There's Black/Gold Kobe VII's sitting on eBay for $140. I remember when I paid a few dollars over retail to get them last year.

VIII's will definitely be copped in this colorway, maybe I'll use my MC money or get rid of my extra pair of fades. Black n Gold is tooooo hot!
Definitely.  The elites are the hottest Kobe 8 right now.  Just people talk down about it because of the price yet are the very ones that pay $300 for Xmas lights when the Black & Gold trumps it as far as looking boss.

Last edited:
the black/gold elites look nice but I wouldn't say its the best 8 so far... guess that's why we all have opinions tho :tongue:

I think Nike screwd up with the + enabled thing.

I betcha that quite a few people would've copped the Supernaturals or Black Elites by now if they weren't forced to by the + enabled or sportspack for that matter

I think Nike screwd up with the + enabled thing.
I betcha that quite a few people would've copped the Supernaturals or Black Elites by now if they weren't forced to by the + enabled or sportspack for that matter

Consumers had a choice with the Supernaturals tho, same as the ASGs. You either had the choice of paying for the version that was with or without the extra $$ for the Sportpack. Looks like sales didn't suffer for the ASGs. While the $230 Supernaturals continue to sit, the $160 version sold out.

And you're talking an extra $20 for an already priced $200 shoe, which I'm sure many consider overpriced initially. I doubt the cost of being +enabled has hurt sales too much, considering you can use coupons for the Elites at Eastbay, FTL and DSG for example.

That's why it pays to be an informed consumer...

Last edited:
so MCs from 24segons have shipped according to the status.. but we dont get any tracking infos with that??

Back
Top Bottom