OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

So, I was playing ball at CSUN last weekend.  I was running a 2 on 2 with my homies and one of em' caught the ball baseline, he beat me off the dribble and headed towards the basket.  As I tried to recover and block his shot from behind, I went up for the block and stepped on his heel.  My foot just folded in like it was made of paper...I even heard a crack.  I had never experienced the pain that comes associated with a sprained ankle before, so I kind of just laid on the floor unable to walk.  As this is going on, my other homie starts recording me saying "the kobe 8's have ended another career!!"  he immediately posted it to instagram. 

I've been fortunate enough to avoid any major injuries including any type of sprain, so it sucks that this one happened while I was rocking my pythons.  My homie who was recording is a huge LeBron fan so he was talking mad ish.  Now don't get it twisted (pun intended,) i'm not blaming it on the shoe since I have read some of the posts on here about how it has nothing to do with low tops or high tops and done my own research, but it kinda has me worried about balling in 8's again.  Might just keep my 8's strictly for casual wear and stick to my penny 5's to ball in. 

Worst part is that all of my homies are talking mad ish, talking about how I got my ankles broken
mean.gif

Ps. does anybody out there who plays the 5 spot wear kobe's or do you guys wear mids or high tops?
Sounds like you just had some really bad luck.  In a case like stepping on someone's heel or foot, you are going to sprain your ankle regardless of what shoe you are wearing.  The only thing that will matter is the severity of the sprain.  A high top may decrease the severity of the sprain, but you will still get an ankle sprain.

Earlier this year I was playing in my LeBron 9's and I jumped and landed on someon's foot and rolled my ankle.  Luckily, it wasn't too bad and I was able to shake it off in a few minutes.  I think because I have sprained my ankle before, subsequent sprains haven't been as bad for me. 

Your friends are just teasing you, don't worry about it.  I'm sure you would have done the same if they were in your situation.  The only thing you can do is recover, and beat them next time you guys play.

I have balled in my Kobe 8's before, and they are great basketball shoes.  I know people have their worries about low top shoes, but this shoe has great lockdown.  Sometimes, there are bad luck injuries that happen (it happens to everyone), and you just gotta recover and let your body heal.  It sucks not being able to play, but it will make you more hungry next time you do play.  And I don't know about you, but I tend to play a lot better when I am hungry.

Oh wow, I didn't know the Red Tail Boa snake had a Milk snake pattern on its tail! Now that's cool.

Last edited:
nobody answered me before so ill ask again,

Is it safe to use the standard Jason Markk brush on the EM upper of these Kobes, or should i buy the premium brush?

Lol at "I've talked to fa, FTL, champs reps and they all said the snakes will sell out in seconds"

VOLTS are on ebay. sz 9.5. new with box. 119.99. whoever wants to jump on it can hit the buy it now button!!!!

So, I was playing ball at CSUN last weekend.  I was running a 2 on 2 with my homies and one of em' caught the ball baseline, he beat me off the dribble and headed towards the basket.  As I tried to recover and block his shot from behind, I went up for the block and stepped on his heel.  My foot just folded in like it was made of paper...I even heard a crack.  I had never experienced the pain that comes associated with a sprained ankle before, so I kind of just laid on the floor unable to walk.  As this is going on, my other homie starts recording me saying "the kobe 8's have ended another career!!"  he immediately posted it to instagram. 

I've been fortunate enough to avoid any major injuries including any type of sprain, so it sucks that this one happened while I was rocking my pythons.  My homie who was recording is a huge LeBron fan so he was talking mad ish.  Now don't get it twisted (pun intended,) i'm not blaming it on the shoe since I have read some of the posts on here about how it has nothing to do with low tops or high tops and done my own research, but it kinda has me worried about balling in 8's again.  Might just keep my 8's strictly for casual wear and stick to my penny 5's to ball in. 

Worst part is that all of my homies are talking mad ish, talking about how I got my ankles broken
mean.gif

Ps. does anybody out there who plays the 5 spot wear kobe's or do you guys wear mids or high tops?

You ran in the tourney at Northridge?

Back
Top Bottom