OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Wait, a NWT sighting? :x

for the new guy asking for the 8's break in period, it will break in good so stick with your true size. All will be GREAT after 30 minutes of ball.

If you love the 8s, you gotta see this vid:

ill skip this weeks release, and the release in september. Hopefully those tigers are the only release next month..

going to start staving my cheese.

Just got a pair of black/gold elites in size 10 and they're kinda tight/snug. I've balled in Kobe IV, V and VI's, all size 10 and have always loved them. But the toebox on the 8's isn't as tall as the others (because the insole thickness) so there's less room, my toes just feel kinda crammed and the sole of the heel (where the zoom unit) feels kinda stiff. Im attributing all of this to them needing to be broken in (hopefully). Will the Cushlon mold to my foot/break-in like the lunafoam does or is it too resistant/hard? It seems, almost too thick an insole (out of the box at least). Any experience with break-in time? Is it advised to maybe throw some ceder shoe trees in there, to stretch out the mesh a lil' (they are defenitly a bit narrower than prior models)? Don't really wanna go up half a size, I've always worn 10's in every Kobe to ball.
Thanks--

The black gold elites are my favorite 8. But they were more snug then my other 8s. Its hard to get this em perfectly the exact same from shoe to shoe so some of the 8s are little more snug or not. But if you use these shoes for what they are meant for and ball in them, then the em will stretch out a tiny bit which makes it even better and broken in perfectly. Even tho there is basically no break in needed if it fits good, but if its a little snug then they will stretch a tiny bit to where it becomes just right. And the cushion will break in too. Its cushlon with heel zoom so the cushlon will definitly break in and become softer and the zoom is bottom loaded but that will also feel better the more you play. They felt stiff for me too out the box but are straight beasts now. I switch of superhero insole, to regular lunarlon insole, to the black gold elites whatever I'm feeling that day. All of them are awesome.

The burgundy looking upper is actually kinda nice compared to what I originally thought was purple, but I'm kind of confused why there's been 4 red-ish Kobes (YOTS, Red Snakes, Milk Snakes, PP) and now a burgundy-ish Kobe yet no Lower Merion colorway, which is usually red/maroon/burgundy with silver. I guess we aren't seeing an LM colorway this year? Wonder why, it'd be the first Kobe in a while without an LM colorway, which is usually a yearly staple. Don't even think I've seen a pic of an LM 8 PE this year.

I guess maybe the Milk Snakes are the closest we're getting to one?

UPSETTING.......I'd trade off any of the red/red-ish CWs for a LM CW.

Man I hope this isnt a sign of the big restock today nike would want to do it when everybody spent their money on school stuff. I guess since everything but green glows are sitting that drop last weekend they need to make more money somehow.
my body is ready

Just got a pair of black/gold elites in size 10 and they're kinda tight/snug. I've balled in Kobe IV, V and VI's, all size 10 and have always loved them. But the toebox on the 8's isn't as tall as the others (because the insole thickness) so there's less room, my toes just feel kinda crammed and the sole of the heel (where the zoom unit) feels kinda stiff. Im attributing all of this to them needing to be broken in (hopefully). Will the Cushlon mold to my foot/break-in like the lunafoam does or is it too resistant/hard? It seems, almost too thick an insole (out of the box at least). Any experience with break-in time? Is it advised to maybe throw some ceder shoe trees in there, to stretch out the mesh a lil' (they are defenitly a bit narrower than prior models)? Don't really wanna go up half a size, I've always worn 10's in every Kobe to ball.

Thanks--

these arent narrow.... 7s are narrow lol not the 8s

Thanks--

The elites actually fit slightly narrower than the regular 8s. However, they do break in slightly over time, however, less than the regular ones.

patiently wainting for blitz blues, boas and blk/gold elites to hit outlets.

seems like its takin forever...

I hear everybody saying this is their favorite and best shoe of the year , for me personally, honestly, the kobe 8s are my favorite shoe of all time and its gonna take something super super special for nike to top it for me forever. From casual and performance perspectives, these are all time favorite for me no question or debate in my mind. Gotta cherish the rest of the year of the 8 for it'll be gone forever after this. But I got plenty of stock to last me a damn lifetime with 15 joints.

I hear everybody saying this is their favorite and best shoe of the year , for me personally, honestly, the kobe 8s are my favorite shoe of all time and its gonna take something super super special for nike to top it for me forever. From casual and performance perspectives, these are all time favorite for me no question or debate in my mind. Gotta cherish the rest of the year of the 8 for it'll be gone forever after this. But I got plenty of stock to last me a damn lifetime with 15 joints.

I respect your opinion so please don't take it as me throwing shots but are the 8s your First Kobe??

I don't think we're getting an LM 8. In previous years, the latest it would've dropped would be late summer/early fall or so, and there's been no leaks or hints that an LM colorway is coming. At this point, I'm more concerned about one of the Laker colorways dropping. Would be ideal if the "Purple Dynasties" were the Amnesties and that "Mine Grey" colorway was the Homes/Inlines. Otherwise I guess I'd have to be satisfied with the Purple Fades and Sulfurs as being the two closest things we'll get.

Truth Wayne......hopefully we get what we want soon. These CWs are good for the folks who aren't Laker fans but for us fans, it's not a good look. Especially on such a stellar sig.

say what? Damn these look good with a black jersey.

Back
Top Bottom