OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

not sure if this has been posted. But the WTKs supposed to release the 6th... I'm getting my cousin to try and cop me a pair in NJ even tho I'm trying to get a pair down in MD lol

imo Kobe V > All Kobes when it comes to style comfort and performance.

Kobe V
Kobe VI
Kobe VIII - lunar is the only issue i had, aside from nikes ridiculous release strategy

you are my fav NTer now bruh

V's are def the best to actually ball in, and quality was pretty good and lasted quite awhile.

the look and design :x too nice.

What the hell do I do now...I have all the kobe 8's I want...

I guess I'll have to bribe a Chinese man to make me a pair of size 14 sparks.

V's are def the best to actually ball in, and quality was pretty good and lasted quite awhile.

On court performance wise, 8s and Vs are neck and neck for me.

The only problem I have with the V is the cracking on the upper. The 8s are the only model in the line that matches the fit of the V (maybe even surpasses it) but the Vs probably provide better support. But you don't have to worry about the cushioning really bottoming out with the Vs either.

But I like the overall look of the 8s better.

The only problem I have with the V is the cracking on the upper. The 8s are the only model in the line that matches the fit of the V (maybe even surpasses it) but the Vs probably provide better support. But you don't have to worry about the cushioning really bottoming out with the Vs either.

cracking?

you mean being able to rip through? :lol:

on court performance, 8, 6, 5. But all 3 models are hairs apart tho. So close to each other.
Off court casual, 8, 5, 6.

cracking?

Probably mean the same thing. This is the toe box on my inline Vs. These are replacements of the same model replaced for cracking/rip through on the same spot + a good 3 inch rip by the swoosh on the lateral side of foot.

I mean performance wise it doesn't effect it but who wants a cracked/ripped upper?

on court performance, 8, 6, 5. But all 3 models are hairs apart tho. So close to each other.
Off court casual, 8, 5, 6.

The VIs were probably the most comfortable to me... Until the 8 came out.

I found the heel fit sloppy on the VIs and actually slipped out of them a couple times on court (happened to Kobe during a game too if you remember?). Using a runners loop helped the heel fit but they don't fit anything like the Vs or 8s for me.

I thought VIs were great otherwise, I played them into the ground. The 8s are exactly what the VIIs should've been.

Those tbs are nice, but I dont see that white mesh holding up too long especially for balling.

Do you mean durability wise or just keeping them clean? The EM is surprisingly durable. If you wanna keep that upper clean, Jason Markk that sh*t!

cracking?

Probably mean the same thing. This is the toe box on my inline Vs. These are replacements of the same model replaced for cracking/rip through on the same spot + a good 3 inch rip by the swoosh on the lateral side of foot.

I mean performance wise it doesn't effect it but who wants a cracked/ripped upper?

i beat mine to the ground but they didnt rip til after awhile. it happened on both my inlines but not quickly.

thats the onluy reason i retired them early even though i still wore them with the rip even when it was ugly.

i need some inlines in my life. ill trade my 3 DS 8's for 3 DS inline 5s. idc

hands down greatest shoe i ever balled in.

Those tbs are nice, but I dont see that white mesh holding up too long especially for balling.

Do you mean durability wise or just keeping them clean? The EM is surprisingly durable. If you wanna keep that upper clean, Jason Markk that sh*t!

its durable as hell, hes probably talking dirt/sweat

my feet sweat like crazy so they would yellow in 2 weeks if i balled in them 3-4 times a week SRS too :x

i dont ball much but im trying to get back if i have time. id love to have those for one day when i fully get back and or play in some leagues

its durable as hell, hes probably talking dirt/sweat

my feet sweat like crazy so they would yellow in 2 weeks if i balled in them 3-4 times a week SRS too :x

i dont ball much but im trying to get back if i have time. id love to have those for one day when i fully get back and or play in some leagues

Oh okay, maybe... I've never seen a white upper yellow from sweat before but I guess EM might be a good candidate for that.

The VIs were probably the most comfortable to me... Until the 8 came out.

I found the heel fit sloppy on the VIs and actually slipped out of them a couple times on court (happened to Kobe during a game too if you remember?). Using a runners loop helped the heel fit but they don't fit anything like the Vs or 8s for me.

I thought VIs were great otherwise, I played them into the ground. The 8s are exactly what the VIIs should've been.
Yeah I heard some people talk about lockdown issues with the 6's but it fit my feet perfectly as long as I laced to the very top and tight the way you should. Loved the 5's too tho. They are number 3 just behind the 6's only cause of the durability issues I've had with the upper. And the 6's traction was little better than the 5's. But I loved the bounce I got from the 5's with that thick phylon cushion in the back part of the shoe along with the zoom. So def 8, 6, 5 for me but all 3 are crazy good and amazing. Since I had durability issues with the 5's, my rotation is just the 8's and 6's now with kd 6's every now and then but not nearly as much as my go-to Kobe's. Got plentyyyy of 8's, lookin to stock up on some more 6's for some decent prices.

I had fitting problems with the Kobe 5

My normal size (11) was too tight width wise and I don't even have wide feet.

So I went up to 11.5 and it was a bit better but I'm still sore after I play in them.

The 6's tho are perfect :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom