OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

cuz clowns were hating on the SBs and MVs... saying they wouldn't trade their xmas lights 8s for them... okay
eyes.gif

some people believe $270 is a steal cuz they'll hit grinch status in a year... could happen, but to me $270 is not a steal as of right now, $200-240 more realistic price range IMO since people started to receive the online orders... also it depends on your size and location.
Why do people have to be clowns because they value the Kobe more than the Lebron? If he or they feel that way then that's how they feel. If you don't, then that's how you feel. No opinion is better than the other. The SB's are worth more on the open market for sure though.

On another note, I hope those orange fakes are the ASG's. They go way harder then those bland red joints.

Kobe at practice with a purple colorway. Has full shozoko.

Image credit goes to @DuranSports.

Last edited:
US version, XDR version... there isnt a US and XDR version on ASGS... or at least never in the past. If those are the ASGs (which is fine by me, Im diggin em), then they ARE the ASGs as is.

on the SB debate thats going on.... do you guys see people dropping big $$ on em right now? They might be worth big $$, but theres too much stuff releasing, and other big $$ crap releases that have dropped since the sb 8s. I dont see SB 8s flying right now. So to get a pair of SB 8s to sell so you can buy 20 pairs of Christmas Kobe 8s isnt happening at the moment. You'll be sitting on the brons for a minute, and you better hope that the Kobes dont become extinct while youre waiting to sell the SBs.

Just my .02.

Aww I wish they didn't go back to all red base again. Big bangs were so different last year and the concept was dope too. Imma just wait on official pics but if those are them then imma pass, try swoop up the KDs this year since I missed out last year

I prefer the red based west cws, and blue based east cws. less hype, and the cws were always nice.

Those all star joints are pretty nice. I don't own one pair of Kobe's but I think I will purchase a couple pair of the 8's.

IMO galaxy print was a copp out. No design, just a wallpaper skin put on the shoe. Gitd is the reason people wanted them.

US version, XDR version... there isnt a US and XDR version on ASGS... or at least never in the past. If those are the ASGs (which is fine by me, Im diggin em), then they ARE the ASGs as is.
on the SB debate thats going on.... do you guys see people dropping big $$ on em right now? They might be worth big $$, but theres too much stuff releasing, and other big $$ crap releases that have dropped since the sb 8s. I dont see SB 8s flying right now. So to get a pair of SB 8s to sell so you can buy 20 pairs of Christmas Kobe 8s isnt happening at the moment. You'll be sitting on the brons for a minute, and you better hope that the Kobes dont become extinct while youre waiting to sell the SBs.
Just my .02.

Agreed.

I feel that 80% of folks that like Yeezys, SB8s or any other 1K+ kick are just on the bandwagon. Granted, there are true Bronheads out there that will buy a majority of Lebron releases. All in all, half those kicks wouldn't be looked at twice if their market price wasn't so high.

It's an argument that will never end. People who don't have these "coveted" kicks that trash them are considered haters and people who do have them are considered hypebeasts.

Maybe they'll start putting the full Shozoku on all of the pairs from here on out? Aside from the Blue Lights.....

It could be similiar to the Kobe VII system where they only did the supreme's for a certain amount of models and then just went with the regular pairs for the rest of the shoes life. In this case, they were just trying to sell the socks...

IMO galaxy print was a copp out. No design, just a wallpaper skin put on the shoe. Gitd is the reason people wanted them.

or they wanted them because it was galaxy print.. he glow was so minor on the ASG kobes it borderline almost wasn't worth it.

I got them for the galaxy print.

I do like this "asg" pair but not enough to buy.

I think we need another cw with the same design as the sulfurs. I want to see what they can do with that again. even if they made that design an ID design.
I also hope they start putting the full sho on GR releases or atleast the QS here.

I'm glad I did ID and will be getting one with the full sho.

Last edited:
I liked the red west/blue east CWs too, I can see why Nike bball wanted to go in a bit of a different direction though - also agreed on the galaxy themed being a bit played out... if the CWs are nice I'll still cop, but I will probably regard the LBJ/Kobe/KD pack of last year more highly

Last edited:
ASG Bron VIIs>Big Bangs... hype is a mutha for kids these days. Thats whole woodgrain theme was very nice! Nike did a great job on all 3 sigs that year.

Yea I know, socks are still ugly imo, and once again The small percentage of Kobe shoe fans will know what you're even trying to do with the full sho. Nike's stingy ***** can hold us US people down with one full sho..

the socks are wack :lol: as a kobe fan, from the pics posted, if I didnt know the socks were to complete the shozoku I probably wouldnt know wtf it was.

ASG Bron VIIs>Big Bangs... hype is a mutha for kids these days. Thats whole woodgrain theme was very nice! Nike did a great job on all 3 sigs that year.

I'd even put the ASG IVs above Big Bangs.....all 3 (2 Graffitis and Gold skills challenge)

Back
Top Bottom