OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I hope the spikes are rubbery material, rather than hard plastic.

Dec 13: Nike Kobe 8 Venomenon

Black/Court Purple/Lemon Chiffon

On footlocker release calendar. I know what venomenon's are but it says kobe 8. Typo?

WTK are finally on the calendar too but launch locator hasn't been updated.

Last edited:
Why is everyone assuming this is the Xmas 2.0. You can tell it's a custom off the black elite. Checotah the laces and medial side scales. Plus it follows the trend with all the scales that custom shoe designer with jordans. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

you could be right. the thread has been so dead that im sure people just want something to talk about.

assuming kobe will be playing xmas day, you think he'd wear exactly this pair? (if indeed these are xmas 2.0) with those spikes/scales/whatever-they-are sticking out and the material made of some sort of plastic?

The VIs are extremely flexible, thin, and breathable regardless of their plastic scales... Clearly different than the thick scales and the plastic material they're attached to on these 8s.
I mean...can you really judge all that just by looking at these pics? I just think some of y'all are jumping to conclusions about the upper without even having the shoe in hand or trying them on. Not saying you couldn't be right about them not being ideal for wearing on court, but a "plastic" upper isn't exactly new. Basically had that from the IV-VIIs.

Those SS are nuts, stopped buying the 8's a while ago, was planning to try for the WTK but doubt I'll be able to cop with the bots and and that going on but I'm gonna need those SS

I hope the spikes are rubbery material, rather than hard plastic.

Dec 13: Nike Kobe 8 Venomenon​
Black/Court Purple/Lemon Chiffon

On footlocker release calendar. I know what venomenon's are but it says kobe 8. Typo?

WTK are finally on the calendar too but launch locator hasn't been updated.

intrigued by this colorway. If it looks good i'll get these and pass on the SS, maybe

Why is everyone assuming this is the Xmas 2.0. You can tell it's a custom off the black elite. Checotah the laces and medial side scales. Plus it follows the trend with all the scales that custom shoe designer with jordans. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

you could be right. the thread has been so dead that im sure people just want something to talk about.
They match the colorway description for the supposed Xmas 2s. I think that'd be a little too much of a coincidence if they were just customs.

Dec 26

Last edited:
I mean...can you really judge all that just by looking at these pics? I just think some of y'all are jumping to conclusions about the upper without even having the shoe in hand or trying them on. Not saying you couldn't be right about them not being ideal for wearing on court, but a "plastic" upper isn't exactly new. Basically had that from the IV-VIIs.
I don't disagree that a plastic-y upper isn't new, but these clearly wouldn't be as flexible or breathable as a normal EM upper equipped 8 or the VIs you mentioned.

I'm not saying I don't like these, I do, just that from those extensive pictures I don't think these would be all that great to actually ball in.

@randy floss
Nah.. cant be custom of the black elite
How do you explain the translucent sole?
The only translucent green sole are from mambacurials.. i highly doubt ppl wanna hack their mambacur just to get the bottom sole
And not to mention they're not that similar anyway

Also notice the inner tongue is green.. who would want to custom the inner tongue green man? Way too much work for nothing as ppl can barely see them

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Are they serious? That's a Christmas Shoe? At least the Brons have snow flakes, red and green. Scales...transluscent sole...Raar, Raar like a dungeon dragon...

Seriously, the 8s had a spark when they started but now they're just garbage (should've stopped at the MC or PPs).

That Lebron is corny and looks like it should be GS only

I can hear people complaining about wearing those SS Kobe 8s in a game. People would be getting scratched, similar to what Nike's Rodman shoes used to do with their zippers.

Money saved for preludes.

y'all worried about the upper cracking should be more worried about the upper turning yellow or cloudy
laugh.gif
really, in a year the "ice scales" will be yellow, just like yellow snow, lol

That Lebron is corny and looks like it should be GS only

Agreed.

The snowflake print killed it for me. Just may end up doing a Christmas iD similar to the pair Jada posted in the iD thread.

But back to the Kobe 8...

Last edited:
I can hear people complaining about wearing those SS Kobe 8s in a game. People would be getting scratched, similar to what Nike's Rodman shoes used to do with their zippers.

Money saved for preludes.

the scales could be smoothed for his PE version.

People could get all the WTKs I just want a purple pp to play on court :frown:
More Pics:
[h1]Nike Kobe 8 PP – Black/Purple PE[/h1]
nike-kobe-8-pp-black-purple-pe.jpg

Kobe Bryant just confirmed his status as “Laker for life” with that contract extension, so we can only assume he’ll stay dipped in the gold and purple as far as sneakers go. Indeed he’s recently been spotted in this Kobe 8 PP  pair, one that sports a metallic Swoosh to go with the graphic midsole and understated EM upper. Continue reading to see a couple more shots of the shoes and stay tuned to see if he’s spotted in these sneakers upon his return (Although, given the timing, we wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already moving on to the Kobe 9).

nike-kobe-8-pp-black-purple-pe-02-570x570.jpg

nike-kobe-8-pp-black-purple-pe-01-570x570.jpg

Who cares if it doesn't have Christmas theme, not like you'll wear it year round. Lebron X'mas has been repetitive for couple years. This year it's too Christmassy. :x

Or maybe because 2 legit sites posted same sku. One of them said that it will be the Christmas 2.0 then the other site posted a picture with the same sku...

Still think it's a custom. I think everyone just getting over excited because nike has been dropping the same pit viper pattern over and over. O well, but if these are Xmas 2.0, I gotta say last year Xmas >>>>>>>>> .

More Pics:
[h1]Nike Kobe 8 PP – Black/Purple PE[/h1]
Kobe Bryant just confirmed his status as “Laker for life” with that contract extension, so we can only assume he’ll stay dipped in the gold and purple as far as sneakers go. Indeed he’s recently been spotted in this Kobe 8 PP  pair, one that sports a metallic Swoosh to go with the graphic midsole and understated EM upper. Continue reading to see a couple more shots of the shoes and stay tuned to see if he’s spotted in these sneakers upon his return (Although, given the timing, we wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already moving on to the Kobe 9).
are we getting these?

Last edited by a moderator:
i assume you cant even wear those christmas 2.0 to ball in? :lol:

id cop but throw off by the gold on the back.

did u just post the same pic twice? 1st cropped version of the 3rd?
If I did you have admin rights to delete? don't you? I dont know why its bugging you, at least there is an added pic. Relax. Move on. Worry about these other fools talking about 9s in this thread. If that bugs you delete it.

:smile:

Back
Top Bottom