OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Damn I missed out on these WTKs and I really wanted them.. damn I guess I'm going to have to resort to ebay..

Question though, do prices usually settle after a while? or does it just keep getting higher if I wait a month or so? Should I pull the trigger now or wait? :frown: million dollar question!!!

Damn I missed out on these WTKs and I really wanted them.. damn I guess I'm going to have to resort to ebay..

Question though, do prices usually settle after a while? or does it just keep getting higher if I wait a month or so? Should I pull the trigger now or wait? :frown: million dollar question!!!
They hyped shoe usually go down a few months after the release

From what i've seen with limited/hyped releases like the Kobe 8 Sparks, the Fear V's, and the Bel-Air V's, that first day of release is when the price will be the highest. A few days to a week after it'll drop and settle at a price that's a few hundred dollars lower than what they were initially being sold for on the day of the release. From there prices will be steady.

Last edited:
Give it about 2 months, you'll then see an ebay listing for probably 400 and a description of "MESSAGEME FOR 350 SHIPPED!!!"

I disagree on this shoe. Sadly if they had retailed at $200 ppl would be selling at 800 right now... Give it 6-12 months these will be 800-1k watch...
Damn!!! you know I was thinking the same cuz I looked at the WT MVP Lebron and some douche has it up for 3,000$..................

From what i've seen with limited/hyped releases like the Kobe 8 Sparks, the Fear V's, and the Bel-Air V's, that first day of release is when the price will be the highest. A few days to a week after it'll drop and settle at a price that's a few hundred dollars lower than what they were initially being sold for on the day of the release. From there prices will be steady.
Give it about 2 months, you'll then see an ebay listing for probably 400 and a description of "MESSAGEME FOR 350 SHIPPED!!!"
I really hope you guys are right!!! I'm going to take a leap of faith and wait it out!

well 23penny or whatever was selling them for 385 shipped yesterday before the release. granted price has went up now. but these aren't as scarce as the sparks or the preludes will be. if anything the preludes will go up in value where as the WTKs will bottom out at about 400 imo

I might have a prelude 1 on lock "crosses fingers"... The day just might end in a good note after so much disappointment Today..

If I can't get these WTKs my next in line would be the Prelude 6, but why do I feel like that would be even harder to get 
ohwell.gif

is ebay the only place i can try to scoop kobe 8 sparks ? even there , there are no sizes 12 and 13 
frown.gif

WOW! My WTK 8 order status went from Back ordered -12/6/13 to Processing: 1 UNIT(S) READY TO SHIP. I got through on Footaction so check your order statuses if you ordered off of Champs, FTL,  FA, or EB.

Last edited:

is ebay the only place i can try to scoop kobe 8 sparks ? even there , there are no sizes 12 and 13 
frown.gif
Pretty much, yeah. Either that or find someone selling them on a social network. The Sparks have really dried up at this point.

I don't think this applies to the Fireworks/Sparks. There weren't many ways you could get your hands on them unless you lived in China/Shanghai. Most guys had to get them either through an overseas connect, Kicks-Crew, or worse eBay, and the prices for them haven't really come down at all. They started at about $300-325 ($200 something if you were lucky enough to have a connect), then jumped to $500-600+ after people started realizing they weren't gonna release in the US. Given how hard it is to get them for those in the US, I don't see the price on those ever really coming down cuz those are legitimately hard to get and especially rare in the US. They'll probably end up more along the lines of some other overseas exclusives, like the Barcelonas, that just continue having really high prices, even though I don't think they'll ever quite hit Barcelona prices cuz those were even rarer.

Prices on the WTKs will definitely start rising again once all the resellers looking for a quick buck sell off their pairs, and not as many WTKs are left on the market though. I'd let all the people who ordered off of NDC/FTL/etc get their pairs in hand first before jumping in.

Last edited:
WOW! My WTK 8 order status went from Back ordered -12/6/13 to Processing: 1 UNIT(S) READY TO SHIP. I got through on Footaction so check your order statuses if you ordered off of Champs, FTL,  FA, or EB.

mine went to "STATUS: 1 UNIT(S) READY TO SHIP" as well
but this means nothing to me until they ship and arrive at my door, they've cancelled a previous order of mine when it was "STATUS: 1 UNIT(S) READY TO SHIP" because "Due to lack of availability from the manufacturer"

Pretty much, yeah. Either that or find someone selling them on a social network. The Sparks have really dried up at this point.
damn , and i dont trust social network deals a lot since i m overseas , seems it is flooded with scammers , at least they tried to scam me when i was tryin to buy south beach brons :frown: 

I don't think this applies to the Fireworks/Sparks. There weren't many ways you could get your hands on them unless you lived in China/Shanghai. Most guys had to get them either through an overseas connect, Kicks-Crew, or worse eBay, and the prices for them haven't really come down at all. They started at about $300-325 ($200 something if you were lucky enough to have a connect), then jumped to $500-600+ after people started realizing they weren't gonna release in the US. Given how hard it is to get them for those in the US, I don't see the price on those ever really coming down cuz those are legitimately hard to get and especially rare in the US. They'll probably end up more along the lines of some other overseas exclusives, like the Barcelonas, that just continue having really high prices, even though I don't think they'll ever quite hit Barcelona prices cuz those were even rarer.

Prices on the WTKs will definitely start rising again once all the resellers looking for a quick buck sell off their pairs, and not as many WTKs are left on the market though. I'd let all the people who ordered off of NDC/FTL/etc get their pairs in hand first before jumping in.
$300-$325? I originally saw them going for $700-$800, and since then they've goen down to $500. Haven't seen them rise in price since. *shrug* I don't see these WTK 8's being much different than the the WTK 7's.

Last edited:
^Sparks could've been had for $300-325 on Kicks-Crew if you caught them early on. Some people were hoping/assuming they'd release in the US, so they passed on them at that price. I still remember one dude who got a pair for $600 and got laughed at for that, but that's basically about what you'd have to pay for them now, maybe even more cuz you can't even find pairs period, even if you wanted to buy.

I was only looking at pairs in my own size and never saw $700-800, so I guess from my perspective, they've only risen in price, never really dropped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom