OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Quick his & hers shot.

Kobe 8 Preludes are a lost cause for me. I already know they're already sold out cuz some is selling early links. Smh.

man, i've been looking for someone who can help me out with the prelude 8s. no luck. if i can preorder them for $300 i'll do it.

There's a few cats on here who could probably help. I just don't like the shoes enough to go the extra mile more than trying when the tweet goes out or the academy (course, it's too late.).

There's a few cats on here who could probably help. I just don't like the shoes enough to go the extra mile more than trying when the tweet goes out or the academy (course, it's too late.).
yeah. if someone can help me get the prelude 8s. hook it up fam!

400 will prolly be cheapest 300 is a long shot unless you include rsvp fee or ATC plus 200 or shoes you can get for 300

yup. thats why i said if i can preorder them for $300, ill jump on it right away. highly unlikely i know. only one can hope lol

This is completely off subject. Has to do with the BHM Kobe VI. Anyone remember the info about the sacrificial tattoos? Referring to the pattern under the scales, it represented something.

This is completely off subject. Has to do with the BHM Kobe VI. Anyone remember the info about the sacrificial tattoos? Referring to the pattern under the scales, it represented something.
"The Kobe VI BHM upper features a special treatment on the material that gives it multiple ridges and flowing lines, which is in fact a tribute to the African cultural art form of facial and bodily scarification. That form of body-art has been practiced in African tribal communities for quite a long time, and symbolizes strength, courage, and leadership."

those words are pretty close...sacrificial scarification
nerd.gif

Like most people would agree I'm disappointed how the second half of the 8s line went. We had some great colorways like the sulfers, Xmas, fades, bhm, mc but after that it was just up and down. I felt like the challenge reds and blitz blue were just alternate versions of the red YOTS and blue lights. The second Xmas shoe were interesting especially the spiky scales concept but it wasn't all that because the first Xmas shoe set the bar pretty high. The YOTH, pit vipers, taipan were some what descent but the green glows and mine greys were just wrongly executed. At that point nike was just milking the 8s with the milksnakes, graffiti and so on. It was also disappointing to not see and of those lakers cw or the sparks release in the US. Aside from that I'm looking forward to try to get the WTK and the prelude to wrap up my 8s collection. Unless I come across a good deal on any 8s it look like I'm moving on to the 9s

Last edited:
I'm gonna end up getting the Preludes just because I love the 8 so much, :lol:

I'm not even sure if I like them, but **** it.

^ agreed. I think the prelude 8s are horrible.

"The Kobe VI BHM upper features a special treatment on the material that gives it multiple ridges and flowing lines, which is in fact a tribute to the African cultural art form of facial and bodily scarification. That form of body-art has been practiced in African tribal communities for quite a long time, and symbolizes strength, courage, and leadership."

those words are pretty close...sacrificial scarification :nerd:
Thanks fam!!!

I need pics of these Kobe 9 Lows sooner than later. I mean, it's almost February...

And depending on how these 9 Lows look, will decide if I go back and pickup a few 8's I missed out or not. (Port Wine, Blue Blitz)

If they're Dope... I'll get on the bus & move on. If they're garbage, I gotta go back & pickup some classics this year, instead.  
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Sad to say but I pre-ordered the Prelude 8's for $390 shipped. I figured its about $110 less than the $500 I would be willing to pay, anyway. The two-tone outsole is a must for me. 

Un-Athletic question and no regard for functionality....

ITS JUST A RANDOM THOUGHT TURNED INTO A QUESTION.

Soooo why do dudes hype up and beast over "limited" release kicks just to beat them up playing basketball or working out??

Rhetorical question? What the hell do you do with your kicks? Display case?!?!

Does anyone else have a problem with foot slippage because of the material of the insole? Or any ideas on how to fix it?
Yes on defensive stance but no solution
i noticed the diamond traction pattern on the insoles are different depending on the type of insole. the lunar are bigger/softer while the elite insoles are smaller/sharper.

My problem with wearing the elites is that after a couple games, the patterns starts to dig the bottom of my feet; opposite of your problem.

The solution was to take out the little fabric/foam insert of an old shoe and put that on top. No slippage or rubbing. that little foam made it more plushy too.

My local HoH had the green and yellow supernaturals on sale for either $80 or $90. Couldn't remember the price.

Rhetorical question? What the hell do you do with your kicks? Display case?!?!

I wear mine casually. Simple as that. I keep them clean. I dont be in the mall walkin like a penguin (trying not get wrinkles). I dont care about wrinkles or nothing like that, i walk normally and wear mine casually.

THATS WHAT I DO WITH MY KICKS.

And Display cases???? Corny as s__t.

Back
Top Bottom