OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Quote:

My favorite bball shoe ever.
Have you played in the 9s? I find the 9s very similar with better traction. The next closest shoe would be the CL boost 2015. After that, no other shoes come close. The court feel makes other ball shoes feel so disconnected from the ground. Those are probably my top 3. Havent played in the 10 yet but not going out of my way to cop a pair based on reviews.

The only thing that stops me from stocking up on 8s is the durability of the lunarlon.

Last edited:

Quote:

Have you played in the 9s? I find the 9s very similar with better traction. The next closest shoe would be the CL boost 2015. After that, no other shoes come close. The court feel makes other ball shoes feel so disconnected from the ground. Those are probably my top 3. Havent played in the 10 yet but not going out of my way to cop a pair based on reviews.

The only thing that stops me from stocking up on 8s is the durability of the lunarlon.
Agree w/ a lot of this -- the traction is definitely better on the 9s, but I love the fit/feel of the 8 slightly more.  Haven't tried my 9 insoles in the 8s yet but may give that a try

I've got a deadstock size 13 that I've put on eBay twice at $265 that haven't sold so I'd think you could probably get them for a little bit less than that depending on your size. Although I usually see them listed at $300 so I thought mine would have already sold.

Quote:

Have played in the 9 highs. Love them. Better traction, as you said. But the fit and lockdown are just not as good as the 8s for me. The toe box is ever so slightly too roomy and I find my foot moving around a tiny bit on sudden stops / changes of direction. I'm really nitpicking though. They are firmly in my top 3 bball shoes ever alongside the 8s and the 5s.

I've played in the 10s a lot of late. I like them, mainly because the shape of the silhouette has really grown on me to the point I like it visually as much as the 8s. The cushioning is nice and bouncy but the court feel isn't the same and I don't find them as breathable. I play a lot (semi-pro in Europe) and they occasionally leave me with blisters on the bottom of my feet, which no Kobe shoe has done since the OG adidas models. At this stage just wait for the 11s, which will hopefully be another classic.

Last edited:
I've got a deadstock size 13 that I've put on eBay twice at $265 that haven't sold so I'd think you could probably get them for a little bit less than that depending on your size. Although I usually see them listed at $300 so I thought mine would have already sold.

I wear a size 10 and I been looking for quite a bit and the lowest I found from a legit seller was 280 after shipping. Local consignment shop sells it for same price too

Anyone think with Kobe retiring the price of these and most of his other prior release models will go up a little

The 8 was the last shoe that Kobe an amazing season in! So sad what happened to him after the Golden State game in 2013!

Balled in my sulfers yesterday with some Kobe 9 inserts as the 8s have bottomed out. Really wish these shoes had zoom.

Last edited:
Balled in my sulfers yesterday with some Kobe 9 inserts as the 8s have bottomed out. Really wish these shoes had zoom.

I have the elite inserts and the nike + inserts,  both have zoom and are really stiff.  sure they will last longer tho, but the comfort level is way diff.  I just stick with lunar inserts for these 8 models.   I am a huge fan of zoom air also. 

Anyone have some pictures or how to tell if the Kobe 8 insoles have bottom-ed out?

I only have used pairs of Kobe 8s so I am not sure if the insoles are "bottom-ed out" per say, but I do still feel cushioning so I assume its not bottomed out. Without the luxury of owning a new pair I just want to make sure if there is an easy way to tell.

Buy a pair of KB mentality they use the same insert. The mentality lunarlon feels a lot better actually.

You will always still feel some cushion on the lunarlon but you can see the compression in it from your weight.

Last edited:
Here's my weak collection
Regret not getting more pears, these are going down as one the best models in the entire Kobe line

^ One of my all time favorite shoe. Still looking for a GC pair under $300 for the double up.

Back
Top Bottom