OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Is there a way to get birthday coupon even if you're not a VIP member? I'm trying to cop blue lights Saturday so any coupon info I would appreciate

Is there a way to get birthday coupon even if you're not a VIP member? I'm trying to cop blue lights Saturday so any coupon info I would appreciate
I guess I'm wondering the same thing.  Do they ask for a VIP card/number when you use the bday coupon?

Such ********, I just called foot locker and only select stores in my state are getting the blue lights......so don't be fooled not every FTL is getting these. For me it's only stored in Boston where as I'm an hour from there. Pretty disappointed, might just go buy the pythons instead

Coupon says to present VIP card or give them account number to look up. I guess you can use someone elses' info.

Such ********, I just called foot locker and only select stores in my state are getting the blue lights......so don't be fooled not every FTL is getting these. For me it's only stored in Boston where as I'm an hour from there. Pretty disappointed, might just go buy the pythons instead
They do ask for your card #. Just sign up ahead of time. 
Thank you
Have you checked the footlocker launch locator?  It actually seems pretty accurate as to what stores in your area are getting a certain shoe

Yea I just checked. That's what he was checking too. So pissed, I know I can still get pythons but I wanted blue's. guess I could still order online on Saturday but seems pointless now

Coupon says to present VIP card or give them account number to look up. I guess you can use someone elses' info.
Thanks.  Just signed up but my dumb*ss shoulda put March as my birthday.  Hopefully they don't block you for having a diff bday month

Yea I just checked. That's what he was checking too. So pissed, I know I can still get pythons but I wanted blue's. guess I could still order online on Saturday but seems pointless now
If you would rather have the blues, just order online.  Probably free shipping too

5's were the last shoe i wore out and to ball. I bought a few 6's but didn't realy wear them. Didn't like the look or feel of 7's. After buying the python 8's I really like the performance. I got lucky on the BHM restock and about to overpay for the Xmas lights. I guess it's what I get for sleeping on them from the beginning. Glad i'm catching up with the rest of you guys though, woot!

Anyone else feel like the laces are too long for the shoe? I find myself adjusting the alces so the loop part is longer then the lace so it doesn't drag on the floor when I ball.

5's were the last shoe i wore out and to ball. I bought a few 6's but didn't realy wear them. Didn't like the look or feel of 7's. After buying the python 8's I really like the performance. I got lucky on the BHM restock and about to overpay for the Xmas lights. I guess it's what I get for sleeping on them from the beginning. Glad i'm catching up with the rest of you guys though, woot!

Anyone else feel like the laces are too long for the shoe? I find myself adjusting the alces so the loop part is longer then the lace so it doesn't drag on the floor when I ball.
My laces seem to be a good length.  Do you lace them through all of the eyelets?

"@NikeDallas: #ReleaseUpdate The Kobe 8 'Duke' launches Saturday, 2/23 at 10am. First-come, first-served. $140+"

I guess someone at NikeDallas reads this thread...lol

Last edited:
cant believe what some footlockers are doing with these Blue snake 8s, every footlocker around me is getting them maybe cause im in Cali but none are doing ticket procedures or have them marked as limited release 0.o

cant believe what some footlockers are doing with these Blue snake 8s, every footlocker around me is getting them maybe cause im in Cali but none are doing ticket procedures or have them marked as limited release 0.o

why is that weird?

It is a GR

No store I know of did that for Sulfurs or Pythons

Welcome to NikeTalk

Last edited:
why is that weird?

It is a GR

No store I know of did that for Sulfurs or Pythons

Welcome to NikeTalk
some have posted that some of there footlockers arent even getting them and some are doing ticket procedures thats why its weird thats what i dont get cause they are marked as a GR n thanks man idk if people are just misinformed about these lol

Honestly, what's the verdict on the pythons? I don't love them I love the blues. I want 1 not both. I could buy pythons in my FTL right now or order blues on line Saturday. I have a bball game tonight was gonna wear the pythons if I got Em but can't decide. Some1 help me lol

dude, I just said a couple of comments back that THEY ARE the ones coming out in March.
Inlines will release later.

Are we saying this cause the color description matches or was there some more info?

All the facts point to this color releasing but with Nike the more no-brainer it seems, the less likely it turns out the way we thought. If we have 2 and 2, it doesn't always add up to 4

Honestly, what's the verdict on the pythons? I don't love them I love the blues. I want 1 not both. I could buy pythons in my FTL right now or order blues on line Saturday. I have a bball game tonight was gonna wear the pythons if I got Em but can't decide. Some1 help me lol
Either way, this shoe is excellent for hooping in, regardless of color.

BUT I would say if you are going to pay the money for one pair, get the color you want most.  You will be happier later.  

You should be able to get the blues online on Saturday and if by some chance you can't, the pythons will be there.

Apparently you like the Blue pair more, so buy them and skip the Pythons.

Originally Posted by Petenthend View Post

My laces seem to be a good length.  Do you lace them through all of the eyelets?

Yeah I lace them to the top. But I also got a bigger size then I usually do because my feet are wide. That might be why or I'm just lacing them to tight? Thanks for the feedback though.

I really like the performance though, fit is great, best breathing shoe. If i had one negative thing to say, it maybe be the shock I get when land after jumping. I feel like the cushion is a little soft. But wearing thicker or elite socks pretty much takes that away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom