OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

the KOBE IVs were the break through. it had great padding, a nice low cut, and comfort. the Vs were also great, in that it was very very light, although it wore out quick.
now the VIs were also acceptable, but it started to show some rigidness and lacked flex.
now the VIIs. they are pure crap.

I pretty much said the exact same thing 1 page ago:

"I really hope the Kobe VIII puts the Kobe line back on track. The IV was just revolutionary and started the low-top craze, the V was a refined version of the IV with excellent heel lockdown (the traction could have been better), and the VI was unique in its own right with the snakeskin upper and better traction (imo). I was very disappointed with the VII and for those who play ball many have shared the same sentiment.

I'm not digging the swoosh on the toe-box (every shoe seems to have it now), but I really do hope that VIII is better."

I completely agree with you.

For the past several years the Kobe signature model has been my most anticipated release.. Justifiable so.. The shoe brings the latest tech to the forefront of it's focus.. It always has a surprisingly cool design concept and inspiration.. It really started with the V for me. Just hoping the VIII delivers like that model did since it's still my favorite. I don't want to discount the VI or VII because those are solid sneakers.. Just saying that the durability and color blocking were two of my favorite things on that shoe, and may have been missing from the last two models. IMO. Really think the Kobe line has it down.. At least for my style of play. I'm 6'1" and about 170lb.. Jump shooter/slasher. Low cut, lightweight, and breathable with a loud design or color scheme. I love that. I can't wait for more pictures, but I also share the same sentiment with many of you.. The system is a little excessive. I just want a low top. Let us tape our ankles and participate in the sock trend that's going on. I don't want that flimsy brace there. IMO it didn't feel all that helpful or complimentary. It wasn't something efficient, and efficiency should be at the forefront of good design. I know it will keep the cost down if they cut out the brace. I like the system idea, but focus that "system" away from the brace and move into strictly interchangeable insoles. /rant

Really excited for these!

Patiently waiting for more pics.

It hurts my heart to all of the negative sentiment towards the VII and the "system" considering I absolutely love it.

The play strong collar is for lockdown and fit, not ankle support. The VII works so well for me, I'm having a difficult time understanding how so much of NT have had issue with them.

Oh well, I'm looking for to see how the system evolves for the VIII.

I wonder what the reason is for them to take quite a while to come out with the final product pics while the kd and lj have been out for some time now. Hopefully they are making final adjustments to make this a really good looking model 8)...or the opposite could also be true :smh:

Last edited:
I wonder what the reason is for them to take quite a while to come out with the final product pics while the kd and lj have been out for some time now. Hopefully they are making final adjustments to make this a really good looking model
glasses.gif
...or the opposite could also be true
mean.gif
They are waiting to see what the result of LeBron's shoe being released will be, with the new price and all. If LeBron's shoe doesn't do well, there is no way that Kobe's shoe will do well at a one hundred eighty dollar price point.

Last edited:
They are waiting to see what the result of LeBron's shoe being released will be, with the new price and all. If LeBron's shoe doesn't do well, there is no way that Kobe's shoe will do well at a one hundred eighty dollar price point.

If they are doing the Supreme version at $180 then they know what the outcome will be since the VII Supreme were $180. Unless you are saying the regular version will be $180 and the Supreme will be higher? Nike be straight tripping if they think they can increase by $40 in one year. They can forget about that mess cause I ain't gonna pay that much. I'm gonna guess that you're getting the $180 tag from the VII Supremes. :nerd:

If they are doing the Supreme version at $180 then they know what the outcome will be since the VII Supreme were $180. Unless you are saying the regular version will be $180 and the Supreme will be higher? Nike be straight tripping if they think they can increase by $40 in one year. They can forget about that mess cause I ain't gonna pay that much. I'm gonna guess that you're getting the $180 tag from the VII Supremes. :nerd:

nike can do pretty much anything they want. they own 95% of the market.. so there is nothing that anyone can do about it..

Yes we can. Simply don't buy them. At least not until they are under $100 like most VIIs. I didn't buy any VIIs for $180 and sure didn't on the $200 Elites.

hes just guessing is all.

its anybodys guess how much the regular version will be. im guessing it will be at around 160 to 165 for the regular version. just tack on 20 bucks. lebrons were what 160 last year? now they 180. kd iv was 95? this year 115?

and i really dont believe it has nothing to do with how the lebron x sells. nike does what the **** they want. its like they dont care if everything is sent back to outlets so long as they got shoe stores by the balls...

i still dont believe nike is raising prices on these shoes. im even mores shocked adidas went up to 160 on the rose 3.

if these shoes upping the price 20 to 30 bucks the shoe box better have some buns included in it...

Last edited:
hes just guessing is all.
its anybodys guess how much the regular version will be. im guessing it will be at around 160 to 165 for the regular version. just tack on 20 bucks. lebrons were what 160 last year? now they 180. kd iv was 95? this year 115?
and i really dont believe it has nothing to do with how the lebron x sells. nike does what the **** they want. its like they dont care if everything is sent back to outlets so long as they got shoe stores by the balls...
i still dont believe nike is raising prices on these shoes. im even mores shocked adidas went up to 160 on the rose 3.
if these shoes upping the price 20 to 30 bucks the shoe box better have some buns included in it...

I figured he had the inside scoop on the price. I doubt Nike would increase the price that drastically. If anything, a $10 increase given the trend with the previous years. Still not gonna spend $180 and up on a pair of Kobes.

I need to see more pictures......so far im not too impressed but im sure they will turn out great the kobe always does

I figured he had the inside scoop on the price. I doubt Nike would increase the price that drastically. If anything, a $10 increase given the trend with the previous years. Still not gonna spend $180 and up on a pair of Kobes.
I've heard 180, the same as LeBron's, but they are waiting to see the results in the initial sell through on LeBron's new shoe. Just with the 315 price on the LeBron's, which Nike indeed put out there, they are going to use those fuzzy Nike tricks. Kobe's shoes do not sell as well as LeBron's in the U.S., and Nike knows this, especially with the Asian market getting it's butt kicked. Their economy is showing a lot of holes right about now. 

Note: None of these guys know me, nor what it is that I know, nor who I know. Their biggest issue is that I've been correct about everything, and it frustrates them, especially since they work for Nike, that they do not know who I am, or how I know what it is that I do know.

Last edited:
OHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOD, GIVE US PICS DAMNIT!!!! lol

why are these taking So go long to surface we all know they are done with VIII model, GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

Last edited:
Their biggest issue is that I've been correct about everything, and it frustrates them, especially since they work for Nike

oh god :lol: YOUR NOBODY but an adidas super fan. Quit lying about what you know. your hearing this. your hearing that. Your sole purpose on here has been to spew lies and twist facts and articles to try and make people not buy nikes and jordans. face it man you arent going to prevent these dudes from buying nikes and jordans. they will buy what they want. no point in going so hard.

anybody can hear anything from the various shoe sites. you are not an insider. you were wrong about the rose 3 price tag and other **** because your guessing. just like the kobe price.

you have your opinion. you are batting about .100 when it comes to being "correct" about things. and even then you contradict yourself on every turn because you lie so much and forget what you said in your previous posts.

I use to actually collect all your lies and contradictions even when you created various other screen names to answer and reply to your own posts :lol: but now I dont care. look you hate nike and jordan. we all know this. all we ask is for you to be consistent with your arguments. But that hasnt happend yet.

you are older than most of us. jesus act like a man instead of a kid for once...

oh god :lol: YOUR NOBODY but an adidas super fan. Quit lying about what you know. your hearing this. your hearing that. Your sole purpose on here has been to spew lies and twist facts and articles to try and make people not buy nikes and jordans. face it man you arent going to prevent these dudes from buying nikes and jordans. they will buy what they want. no point in going so hard.
anybody can hear anything from the various shoe sites. you are not an insider. you were wrong about the rose 3 price tag and other **** because your guessing. just like the kobe price.
you have your opinion. you are batting about .100 when it comes to being "correct" about things. and even then you contradict yourself on every turn because you lie so much and forget what you said in your previous posts.
I use to actually collect all your lies and contradictions even when you created various other screen names to answer and reply to your own posts :lol: but now I dont care. look you hate nike and jordan. we all know this. all we ask is for you to be consistent with your arguments. But that hasnt happend yet.
you are older than most of us. jesus act like a man instead of a kid for once...
Thank you. Having an opinion is one thing but after awhile, this ish just gets old and annoying. Just trolling hoping Nike makes a mistake. I wear all brands but this is getting extremely childish. Almost like this one slow Adidas fan-boy on YouTube. But to each his own, and if this is how you entertain yourself, by all means, be my guess. lol :smh:

Last edited:
Well with all this negative talks about the Kobe VIII (after one view of an unfinished product) is really gettin old...people just be patient....SHEESH!!

Back
Top Bottom