OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Does kobe wear the quarter or crew length in those nba socks? How are the nba socks these days? Anybody wear them with there 8's yet?

Normally I dont make these types of post, but I have NO CHOICE.

Just got back from shooting around in the sulfurs... and I really dont know what to say. Ive always felt that kobe has had the best shoe out going back to the 2K4, but the 2K4, II, V, and VII (they were awesome for me) always stood out from a performance standpoint, and honestly... the VIII straight s**** on ALL of them. I mean watery diarrhea(sp?) chunks with corn and everything.

Traction: the IV perfected.

Fit: Like the V, but better. The EM seems to create a better 1 to 1 fit than the synthetic upper of the V. TTS IMO

Lockdown/Support: Equal to the V. No heel slippage, and I didnt miss the flywire as far as lateral support goes.

Cushioning:
:wow: Ultra plush responsiveness under your entire foot with every step. The only thing I can compare it too (from what ive worn) is the ZKII. They had the full zoom insoles and also the COMPLETE cushioning feel, but the VIII is softer, yet more responsive with an unmatched court feel :x

man these shoes are just... just...:smh:

Does kobe wear the quarter or crew length in those nba socks? How are the nba socks these days? Anybody wear them with there 8's yet?

NBA socks sucks IMO. I had a pair as a gift this xmas and it ripped after only 3 hours of play :x :smh:

I usually wear nike dri fit socks socks. Nike Dri Fit > NBA socks > Elite

Last edited:
hmm.. random thought.. but the Pythons come with black laces with hints of red right?
gonna have to try a lace swap with my Bruce Lees once i pick the Pythons up. :nerd:

just watched this guys video.
He makes me wish I would've went XDR on my IDs. o well.
could he hate kobe 7s anymore???? (i'm a fan )

can i see a pic?

I still prefer my Big Bang and Cloaks over the Christmas 8's as far as just the colorway is concerned.

Everyone that hates their VII's so much, feel free to send me your pairs. I'll take them for free. PM me for my address.

Lmao!!!!! I think the 8s are my favorite tho. Then Grinches.
Xmas 8s are sick but every Xmas pair has been sick since the IVs started all the colorways but its idiotic to throw these other colorways under the bus now that the new one is out. Lol :smh:
Cause all y'all weren't paying rape prices for Cheetahs and Grinches or even Chaos :rofl: Come on now
Y'all are just hypebeasts.
Every model has offered great colorways and should all be appreciated and left at that.

WTF's were terrible
I actually liked the lemon twist barcas more than the mint barcas.
VII's may feel like garbage on YOUR feet, but that doesn't mean everyone's feet.
all my Vii's feel awesome almost as or more comfy than my VI
:lol: WTK's?
Yeah the 7s were super comfy IMO casually could wear em all day without a problem.
All the Barcelona Colorways were amazing :smh: All of y'all are getting ahead of yourselves

Hypebeasts because we didnt pay rape? Lol. I didn't do IVs because I was stupid... Ended up with 5 pairs of chaos at one point, all for retail or less. Sold 4 for retail to NTers. Had 2 grinches, one for retail, the other for retail+shipping+tip from a friend. Sold the extra for what I paid+shipping. Cheetahs were ugly, didnt want them then, don't want em now. Christmas 8s were ugly to me at first, but after I saw a certain pic, then saw in person I like em a lot. Ended up with a pair online for retail, and grabbed a pair in store for foot locker 150 retail that went to a friend for retail+shipping.

I like all of the Christmas colorways and every model has some sick colorways to offer. Some people just seem to be caught up with the 8's so much that they ignore previous releases.

Just a few weeks ago there were dudes saying Cloaks were the greatest Kobe colorway ever, now they don't hold a candle to the Christmas 8's. :x

Last edited:
I'd take some donated VIIs too :lol: I actually liked em a lot.

same, I've always been an advocate for 7s, and balling in them were wonderful.

my personal opinion Sharks are the cleanest CW imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom