OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Nike will most often reply by saying (insert shoe here) is limited. I feel the reason why they say this is because yes, it is limited.

Limited to 1, 2, 3, etc. per person.

Nothing is limitless. This term is used much more loosely than it used to be.

I still laugh when I remember the LeBron IX Freegum's were limited to 1 per person initially.

What I don't understand is when people try to compare "limited" releases to each other knowing the production numbers and demand are obviously different (BHM vs ASG).

Go NOW! Xmas 8s were too limited and popular they will only go up in value.
Right now, Bred XIIIs sit and resellers can't even liquidate them for retail.

For those thinking of getting the BHMs for $220 and up, I suggest to just wait
it out. I'm sure there will be a ton of other releases that you'd like, wait a bit.

The BHMs aren't going down in price. They were more limited than the Christmas colorway and they are almost as hot

I have a sz. 12 in the Xmas and they fit perfecto. For comparison, my sz. 11 Kobe 6 east la's are snug(which I hate for casual wear). My sz. 12 PDF 7's are so uncomfortable I don't wear em. I wear a 12 in Lebron IX and X very comfortably and 11.5 in Lebron VIII comfortably. I HATE snug. I like a little room.

Ok, im glad u said that, i got lebron 9 dunkmans coming in tmoro, and wanting to ball in them. Im a 12 too and hate snug, BUT, isnt snug good for bball use? I personally hate having extra room in shoes on the court after they get broken in. Slows me down, even tho im not the fastest anyway.

Im still on the hunt for the pdf mint 7. But since u said that, idk now. BUT, everyones foot is different. My feet arent wide so hopefully when ive hunted down those mints they wont be uncomfy like that.

I got the Sulfurs set to be delivered today and the BHM's tomorrow...Now I am looking at XDR Pythons or XDR Christmas lights...There are all for casual wear, won't be ballin' in them or anything...What do you guys think? I am thinking the pythons are a little less flashy...

The pythons look so different(in a good way) to me idk if im going to make myself wear them. They look beautiful to me. Not real flashy, something to chill out in. Def not ballin in mine.

If your a 12 normally, a 12 in the Lebron IX will probably be too small. Yes, snug is good for balling, but I hate snug for casual wear.

I did too..i was hype for these but i love the new pics too..i would take both :lol:
IMO it makes sense for these to be the Easters. Last year the Easter sigs were all similar colorways, kind of felt they were going the same route this year being that these are similar to Lebron X low Easter.

Last edited:
If your a 12 normally, a 12 in the Lebron IX will probably be too small. Yes, snug is good for balling, but I hate snug for casual wear.

You are killing my hopes man..Lol..

I got this tho, I got the toenail clippers ready and grind the dead skin off around the edges. LOL smh@ myself. And i also think a thinner pair of socks will help..Like some dri-fit socks. Arent the elite socks dri-fit like or w/e? Idk, Ive always just used crew socks to ball in. Only pair of dri-fit socks Ive had were like some brooks kind I think. Liked them pretty good for when I put on a 11.5 for extra room..Got them for free when I worked there, we won some kind of contest.

Last edited:
Balled in the sulphurs last night. Pretty comfortable right out of the box, still breaking in the lunar. Overall, too early to tell if I will like them better than the V's (my favorite ball shoe ever) but then again I hated the V's until after about 4-5 games of breaking them in. Felt super light, yet still sturdy and supportive with good flex.

I would like to say, the Kobe System socks SUCK! Felt too thin, and too much slippage in the shoe. Will ball again tomorrow with some elite socks and some regular socks to compare. I felt that the system socks took away from the shoe.

Also, the fit seemed a little larger than TTS. My TTS size is 9.5. Maybe it was the thinner than normal System socks. They looked nice tho lol.

Anyone else have a bad experience with the socks?

I tried on the 11 and it fit but it was more snug than normal. I'm worried if I get an 11.5 to use for ball that it will be too big once broken in. Thoughts?

others have mentioned that dri fit socks dont work well with kobe 8's...ive only played with them using cotton socks and had no issues

lebron ix i had to go a full size up for ball, kobes i go up half size (12.5 can be hard to find so i can swing 13 too) but i do have wide feet

Been hooping in my for over a month and they get more roomy for sure. I'm a true 12.5 and bought a 12, at first with elite socks they were pretty snug but now they for just perfect. Never going back to an old Kobe shoe (and I own 5-8, used to have a pair of ZK1s but they are beat lol).

Hope this helps y'all out!

The 8 really ruined how I feel about the 7's...

I put on some 7's a couple of days ago and almost regret buying all my pairs... :smh:

The comfort of the Kobe 8 is simply amazing

so far the only real issue ive noticed with the 8's for hooping is the tongue sits too low and slides off to the side.  maybe its mental but makes me re-lace when i see that happen. 

^Yeah I had the tongues slide to the side as well. That and the laces are wicked long. Ok, I'm nitpicking now lol, still a great shoe, much better than 7's.

And from my prior experience with Lunar running shoes, the lunar breaks in after a while, and the EM uppers will loosen up quite a bit. Not too much, but a bit.

^Yeah I had the tongues slide to the side as well. That and the laces are wicked long. Ok, I'm nitpicking now lol, still a great shoe, much better than 7's.

And from my prior experience with Lunar running shoes, the lunar breaks in after a while, and the EM uppers will loosen up quite a bit. Not too much, but a bit.

I thought the laces were a bit long as well...

But then I used them for some cross training and laced every eyelet and the laces were the perfect length

others have mentioned that dri fit socks dont work well with kobe 8's...ive only played with them using cotton socks and had no issues

lebron ix i had to go a full size up for ball, kobes i go up half size (12.5 can be hard to find so i can swing 13 too) but i do have wide feet

Glad u said u have wide feet..So I may still have a chance in the bron 9. with thinner socks.and the other junk i said.

If I play in a low cut bball shoe, Im def gonna have to get something for my ankles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom