OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Lol I started a whole debate on here about what's the best kobe model. Honestly I only started getting Kobe's since the IV's. I remember trying to get the Chaos but it was a no go. I eventually settled with the del sols. It was comfortable but I never got a chance to play ball in it before someone stole it from breaking in my car. Then I moved on to the zkv and picked up the chaos as my first V. And in my opinion the V is very form fitting just like the 8's, its very snug and hugs your ankle/Achilles. I balled my chaos V's to the ground. My gf picked up the blue camo VI's for me and I felt like it wasn't as snug or dynamic as the V so that's why I choose 5>6 in terms of performance and 5's in my opinion had the best color ways.

I'd take chaos, dark knights, Bruce lees, miles Davis, 5 rings, big stage homes and aways, all star game, and Aston Martin all from the 5's over any model's set of color ways released.

Pre-ordering Fades on Ebay is 250+

Looks like a limited release

Should i get a preorder or take my chances may 11?

Secondly: Nter's opinion on bttr colourway:

Fades or AMnesty THAT?

Everyone has their favorites but the Kobe IV was the shoe that changed it all.

First low cut kobe and since then nike & mamba have not looked back. 
I hope it stays low top. I'm worried the direction may change with Kobe coming back from injury. He may need the extra protection like the LeBrons.

Haven't worn this in a while.. Should look good with the fades.. Mixy matchy 
glasses.gif

Pre-ordering Fades on Ebay is 250+

Looks like a limited release

Should i get a preorder or take my chances may 11?

Secondly: Nter's opinion on bttr colourway:

Fades or AMnesty THAT?
Pre order price on ebay has nothing to do with availability. These will be GR.

The fades will be easy to get but if you want to spend an extra hundred for no reason then do it.

And the amnesties are the best colorway so far

I see that most people would go with the Xmas which I can't argue but personally I'd go for the BHM, I have both but in person I think the BHM are a tad bit nicer, Xmas is very close though

so the other day i got curious and i switched my kobe galaxy laces onto the christmas 8s and it looked  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 the green lace tip touches the shoe nice will post pics soon 

#purplefades>

5s > 8s > 4s > 6s

The 5s is the best performing low top basketball shoe of all time imo. Only flaw is the material is a little thin so it can have small rips from extensive use

so the superheroes are in stores now?

actually thinking about paying retail if they let me use a coupon

Shouldn't be in stores till Saturday. Wouldn't you technically be under retail if your using a coupon haha. I understand though I don't think I'm willing to pay the 200 for them.

I hope it stays low top. I'm worried the direction may change with Kobe coming back from injury. He may need the extra protection like the LeBrons.
I think they will stay with lows. The height of the shoe actually doesn't give you more protection.  I know because I used to think that way and was told otherwise.  In fact, they say shoes that keep your foot lower to the ground are better at preventing ankle rolls, etc.

If you're gonna injure your ankle, you will injure it in any shoe.  Using braces or tape are supportive prevention measures

Bhms are my favorite but I don't own them :frown:. Waiting on a restock though want to many shoes to pay resell for them. Ndc did there huge restock and told everybody it was he got games only 3 weeks after they release so maybe they do it again 3 weeks after the grapes.

damn. good looks man. i guess IDing a ball pair is a no go...
It's tough to say man... 

Snow is finally melting away in MN so I will hopefully get to test out the durability of the iD XDR.  Just based on feel and appearance, I'm not expecting them to be as lasting as the GC pairs... but who knows.

I'll keep you posted as I get to hoop in them.

Shouldn't be in stores till Saturday. Wouldn't you technically be under retail if your using a coupon haha. I understand though I don't think I'm willing to pay the 200 for them.
yea, but if you really think about, its still retail because its not like i have an unlimited amount of coupons, i have to give up my coupon that i may want to use for another release also, so although i dont pay retail, i will potentially end up spending that 25 on another over priced release

I think they will stay with lows. The height of the shoe actually doesn't give you more protection.  I know because I used to think that way and was told otherwise.  In fact, they say shoes that keep your foot lower to the ground are better at preventing ankle rolls, etc.

If you're gonna injure your ankle, you will injure it in any shoe.  Using braces or tape are supportive prevention measures
I wasn't referring to low vs high in that manner. What I meant was switching to a high top as a padding measure. The 8s don't offer any type of protection in that manner with the engineered mesh and minimal padding around the heel. (Like how the 7s have a lot more cushion) Kobe may decide he also needs more cushioning in the sole too, so now weight/performance might take a hit. I don't know. Just speculating.

any SHOES Kobe worn during his CHAMPIONSHIPS years are the BEST in the business,low or mid DONT MATTER obviously

:rolleyes

Last edited:
The kobe 4 is the epitome of his signature line. Everything went off from the 4 and it made his line distinct from others.

Lol I started a whole debate on here about what's the best kobe model. Honestly I only started getting Kobe's since the IV's. I remember trying to get the Chaos but it was a no go. I eventually settled with the del sols. It was comfortable but I never got a chance to play ball in it before someone stole it from breaking in my car. Then I moved on to the zkv and picked up the chaos as my first V. And in my opinion the V is very form fitting just like the 8's, its very snug and hugs your ankle/Achilles. I balled my chaos V's to the ground. My gf picked up the blue camo VI's for me and I felt like it wasn't as snug or dynamic as the V so that's why I choose 5>6 in terms of performance and 5's in my opinion had the best color ways.

I'd take chaos, dark knights, Bruce lees, miles Davis, 5 rings, big stage homes and aways, all star game, and Aston Martin all from the 5's over any model's set of color ways released.
Kobe iv venom, chaos and carpe diem are the best in my book, i just wish they werent limited so i can scoop a pair

Back
Top Bottom