OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Size 12 promo tagged
would look better with a translucent red sole

Fixed. I like those. Wonder if they'll release. Well as long as the Homes are legit coming out the 25th those can wait.
Same for black Elites, I hope Nike is not limiting the stock because of the higher price.
man dont go changin my stuff, i have the recipe for awesome cws, i have the vision, and a solid red outsole would be piff

the whole translucent outsoles and speckled midsoles has been over done, they can put those cw enhancers back in the closet for a good 3-4 years now

Homes are not releasing on the 25th.

I'd like to see some proof.

Footlocker calendar info...take it for what it's worth

this doesn't make me a believe... Im still waiting for Grinches on 12/25/12 from footlockers release calendar.

Black gold elites look sick! Hope they'll sit so I can grab for much less than retail.
be real, youre going to get them for retail
i really doubt it....

Not a big deal, just something I noticed on my fades.mhas anyone noiced on any 8s that on one of the shoes there's more white showing thought the em? Like you have to be close but when you hold em side by side you can just see it. Oh and those black elites better get marked down so I can get em for 160 or less lol

its actually worse

im pretty sure nike literally says "lets see how many idiots we can get to pay 200+ for these shoes, and if they get marked down, lets see how many idiots will pay 150"

the elites literally are stripped down versions of the regular shoe, the asian designer said so himself in an interview, the elites actually have less rubber on the outsole than the regular shoes, they get rid of a layer on the upper under the guise of saving weight, then they add a single strand of kevlar in the flywire and the laces, and add small pieces of cf

i mean, at the end of the day its just money, you can always get it back, but if you like to make your money stretch, the elites are a smack in the face

haha they should sell it opposite way like how Mitsubishi evo are light weight missing stuff with base model and with fully loaded they have more comfort features but heavier, make these elites 120

In my opinion, the Kobe 8's are the best TRAINING shoes.  They are excellent for running, for going to the gym, or for general exercising.  As for basketball, they are great, but not the best that everyone is saying they are.

I have 2 main gripes about the shoe:

1. Your foot will slide around quite a bit.  At least mine do.  It doesn't matter what type of socks I wear, whether it be cotton socks or dri-fit socks, my feet tend to slide around in the Kobe's.  Usually it isn't that bad, but there have a been a few times where I nearly slipped because of my feet moving inside the shoe.  

2. The outsole wears down quickly.  If you are an indoor player, this won't really matter to you.  But for those of you that play outdoors, be prepared for this.  The outsole of the Kobe 8 is pretty thin, and after a tennis hitaround, I noticed that some of the outsole was rubbing off.  

I do think the Kobe 8's are better than the Lebron 10's and KD 5's.  Traction is great, lockdown and breathability is good, comfort is very nice.  But the best basketball shoe?  Definitely not.  

Now the question to ask, what is my favorite basketball shoe?

That would have to be the Hyperdunk Low 2011.  
were in 2013 lol

wait... you play outdoors. how are the soles still so clean?!
Well, finally got my gradients... It's only my second pair of 8s since it's a lot expensive where I come from. So sad D: (195$ for the regular kobe 8s!)

and last but not the least, my poor volts (wearing out fast!) side by side by my new gradients T_T

still curious! I wish someone would answer T_T "Is it normal for kobe 8s outsole to soften that much? Or am I wearing it down that fast? (Im using my volts for a month now for balling. I play them outdoors in a somewhat smoothened cement surface)"

Thanks! Now I feel much better about my pair, though I still need to get a hand on an xdr pair... :frown: sucks that our local retailers will never sell gc pairs! 80% of people here play outdoors T.T well, thanks a lot guys!

man dont go changin my stuff, i have the recipe for awesome cws, i have the vision, and a solid red outsole would be piff

the whole translucent outsoles and speckled midsoles has been over done, they can put those cw enhancers back in the closet for a good 3-4 years now

aren't you a sensitive fellow...

Last edited:
I wish the black/gold Elites weren't elites. That Flywire sucks imo. I'll probably still cop though
laugh.gif

Are there any sites that still have GC Sulfurs available? I know it's a long shot but I can't even find em on eBay
ohwell.gif
word, no flywire would've been so much better. they still look good but i think we can all agree that the shoe definitely looks a lot cleaner without the flywires.

Thought i was finished with the 8s, MC will be copped X2, VB hopefully they dont sell out fast, Im hoping the same thing happens with them as it happened with the cloaks. Everyone was so hyped abt

the White Cement 4s the cloaks were a n easy grab. Hopefully people are hyped for all those restocks and let the Venice Beach's sit lol. Wishful thinking i know :smh:

Thought i was finished with the 8s, MC will be copped X2, VB hopefully they dont sell out fast, Im hoping the same thing happens with them as it happened with the cloaks. Everyone was so hyped abt

the White Cement 4s the cloaks were a n easy grab. Hopefully people are hyped for all those restocks and let the Venice Beach's sit lol. Wishful thinking i know
mean.gif
I think the VBs will be an easy copy. Everybody will be busy with the restock and there's not much thirst for this colorway. I'm confident that I can spend the morning trying to cop something from the restock then head over to my local FTL and pick up the VBs before lunch.

I think the VBs will be an easy copy. Everybody will be busy with the restock and there's not much thirst for this colorway. I'm confident that I can spend the morning trying to cop something from the restock then head over to my local FTL and pick up the VBs before lunch.

I dont think people will be getting these too easily. A shoe with a bunch of bright colors mashed together, plus as someone mentioned, the word "beach" in the nickname, resellers and beasts will be out for this one. As ugly as most find them.

I dont think people will be getting these too easily. A shoe with a bunch of bright colors mashed together, plus as someone mentioned, the word "beach" in the nickname, resellers and beasts will be out for this one. As ugly as most find them.
agreed. for those that want them you better not sleep cause the hypebeast resellers will be out in force...

still curious! I wish someone would answer T_T "[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Is it normal for kobe 8s outsole to soften that much? Or am I wearing it down that fast? (Im using my volts for a month now for balling. I play them outdoors in a somewhat smoothened cement surface)"[/color]
man i put up a picture of my volts and sulfer outsoles. they wear extremely fast in my opinion. so much so that i wont buy anymore that arent gc. ordered some GC sulfers and we will see how that goes. love the shoe but if its gonna wear this quickly theres really no point unless you play indoors all the time. If so than great shoe.

Went to Footlocker today to see the purple fades in person. I thought for sure they would just be sitting there but they were either sold out or never got any. My xmas came in today though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom