OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The three must haves for me are Christmas, red suede (even though they're all faded now), and the black exts. My 10 pair collection would be incomplete without those three

3 must haves....IMO.

Easters, Christmas, Mambacurials.

I'd actually put Sulfers over the Kobe Thread Holy Grails aka Purple Fades.

There is no way I could pay $500 for these, let alone any shoes. The most I ever spent was $375 on the Mango Barcelona Kobes, and they were limited to 250 so it was worth it.

Those Fireworks are gorgeous......but If I can't cop for retail, I ain't copping. I can live without any shoe if I can't get them for retail. That's just me thou.

Last edited:
Only thing I'm missing that I really want are the Venice Beaches.  I actually ordered them from a foreign site, but they still haven't arrived after 2 weeks.  I contacted them about it, but no response so far.

If I still don't have them by next wekk, I'm gonna file a PayPal claim.

But, if I had 20 pairs, I would at least have to have the following:
-Sulfurs X2
-Red Camo
-Purple Fades X2
-Christmas
-ASG
-Black Elites
-Blue Lights
-Venice Beaches

The other 10 can be whatever you like.  

Wow, sorry to hear about the order problem. And I agree, Venice Beaches are must haves. They are my favorite of all much to the disagreement of many in this thread, lol. I'm missing ASG from that list but definitely want.

So you're basically asking for a top 20 must haves?

No, I was saying you have a collection of 20 kobe 8s, which Kobe 8s would you consider to be a must have. Which ones if missing would make the collection incomplete in your opinion.

Purple Gradients, Easters, and Blitz Blues

EDIT: If we're doing entire collections counting the above 3, I also have the Pit Vipers, Milk Snakes, and Taipans. 

Missing the Easters, but hoping to pick those up as well.

The three must haves for me are Christmas, red suede (even though they're all faded now), and the black exts. My 10 pair collection would be incomplete without those three

Don't have the red seude or black exts and for some reason, I can do without them. But i wouldn't pass them up if i could find them at a bargain.

Must haves...hmm...

I can't imagine my collection without MCs, Xmas, and ASG. Those are the only three I doubled up on. And Superheros (I said before if I could only have one, it's be the poison green/blue Superheros).

Honorable mention goes to blue glows, blue blitz, port wines, volts...OH GOD I LOVE THEM ALL.

Seriously, I skipped the blue/red/green PPs, EXTs, black elites, and the challenge reds...everything else keeps pulling me back!

No, I was saying you have a collection of 20 kobe 8s, which Kobe 8s would you consider to be a must have. Which ones if missing would make the collection incomplete in your opinion.

Sulfur x2
Away Elite
YOTS Red Camo
Volt
Purple Fade x2
Xmas
ASG
Sparks
MC

(In a fantasy world......inline, amnesty, grey uppered home and white uppered home would be there too)

Last edited:
confused. :rolleyes

Having had an opportunity to buy them for under retail (a while ago) means that there is no way I'm paying above retail for something I already passed up on earlier with a good offer...
Sorry for the :rolleyes ...confusion.

And I never said I was "desperately seeking" anything....I just saw a picture of the purple fades and realized how much I liked that cw.

Saw some images of Kobe PEs for this upcoming season not long ago.
Not too shabby.....

Whether we see Kobe in them or not remains to be seen. I will not post a pic but I will say that the PP isn't dead, nor is the Pit Viper.

Just surfaced on IG not long ago

I'm starting to think that Nike got color inspiration for the right WTK sneaker from the YOTD Kobe 7... What do ya'll think?

And $300 something for Mangos sounds great now that they go for $1K+, but it's same thing with the Fireworks. Good handful of us were able to cop for a relatively more "reasonable" price through KC or an overseas connect when they first dropped, $200-300 something. Prices are only starting to get ridiculous (and will probably only keep rising) now that people are realizing they're an actual Shanghai exclusive, at least based on all the info we've gotten so far. I'm sure if they stay an overseas exclusive, that $500 won't be looking too bad a year or so from now compared to what you'd have to pay then.
Forreal. Glad I copped right when kickscrew put them up. Got my sparks for 319 total and was debating whether I was spending too much. Would not pay anything over, definitly not no damn 500+. Helllllllllllll nahhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
is $220 shipped a reasonable price for a DS pair of kobe 8 Christmas ? I was hoping for around $200-$210 range

How much are lightly worn pairs going for then?
I think that's a good price seeing that so many people want those.
plus, my philosophy has always been, if you like it, then get it.

I almost ordered VBs from Bouncewear too
Good thing you didn't, man.  You saved yourself the headache and hassle with trying to find out what the hell happened to your shoes.

Hi, I ordered a VB from them and there was a delay, I asked them why and they answered in less than a hour : "Because the shoe had to come from a different warehouse there was a slight delay. It will be shipped tomorrow. I will put something extra in the package to make up."

I just received them (in France), they are perfect and the "something" was 2 stickers... lol

You should get yours soon.
That's odd, because there was zero communication when I contacted th em.  They didn't reply to me, and it has been over 2 days now.  I ordered the shoes exactly 2 weeks ago, and still no sign of them.

They sent me an email with "tracking information", but there is no tracking number so I have no idea where the shoes are at.

Never again.
mean.gif

If you're collecting Kobe's .. I'd say the 3 must haves are Easters, Purple Gradients, and Christmas Lights. I am currently at 9 pairs and there's only 2 more on my must-have list. Christmas's and BHM's.

Yea that post is hilarious. Anyone who believes they can get genuine kobes for $48 deserves to be taken. Congrats on your volts pick up.

So, question for all. I own 20 pairs of Kobe 8s. I'm not going to say which ones because its part of the question I need to leave out to get your answers. So here goes.

You own 20 pairs of Kobe 8s, if the collection is missing (insert Kobe 8(s) here), its not complete. Really interested in your opinions.
I just started collecting Kobe 8s last month. If the Easter, Pit Viper, Red Camo, Blue Coral and Purple Gradients were missing, it's not complete. 

Back
Top Bottom