*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

Pride of Ohio’s only a house of hoops release or nah? Launch locator has the closest store an hour away and we have like 8 foot lockers closer

More pics of that colourway from the New Zealand NDC:

lebron-15-basketball-shoe.jpg

Another ankle twist. Get back in the soldiers King

He twisted his ankle again in tonight's game?
Smh.

Def gonna try get my pair for the low and use them as lifestyle shoes.

Y'all can feed into hype. I play ball on the regular ain't tryna mess up my ankles for overpriced shoes. They seem to have bad ankle support/ stability issues from what I've been thus far.

Last edited:
They can experiment with entirely fabric shoe for cost savings, but you need extra support around the ankle via some type of overlay, etc. Maybe use some of the leather on the straps around the ankle and heel area.

So yeah, played in 15's maybe 3 or 4 times in the past week or so and last night I finally experienced what some people are saying about the feeling of instability that they felt while wearing them. For me, the ankle collar is fine but it was the rest of the shoe that gave me problems...I believe that the battleknit has broken in and overall now it just feels less supportive, like I can really notice my feel slightly shifting side to side in them while playing. If I lace them up super tight it's not as bad but the material doesn't do much to counter the lace pressure that I feel on top of my feet. The combination of lateral movement and the higher ride of the shoe doesn't make for a good experience while playing. On the fence now about returning them, I only bought them for ball and at that price I feel like I can definitely find something better from a performance standpoint.

You can wear it a few times and still return those? Really envy you guys in the US.

I’m buying it just for going to the gym and walking around the mall, so I don’t think it’s gonna bother me that much. Now these are the real big baller shoes - you need to break in a new pair each time you play ball lol

Lebron needs to get his shoes tweaked if he keeps twisting his ankle. This is the fourth time this season already? I guess I don't play enough horizontal game to notice any instability but so far the 15s have been good to my ankles. It'll probably **** me over one day tho.

I know people saying that the curry 4s are a little narrow but I'ma try them on this week. Still using the 15s as my main hoop shoe tho.

Nike online/retail stores have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on I believe all of their merchandise. Although I rarely return shoes, I do normally purchase straight from them for this reason alone. Lots to like about the shoe, but at the end of the day with that $185 retail sticker I feel like I should have no doubts about the shoe's performance and unfortunately I have a couple of concerns.

There's definitely a little lateral instability on these shoes. I've had them for 3 weeks now. At first they felt really unstable but after a couple weeks its broken in and my foot conforms to the shoe much better. There's still a little lateral instability. With my history of bad ankle sprains, I pulled out my old ASO ankle braces. Wearing the ankle braces with the 15's was exactly what I needed. The extra support going laterally helped out tremendously. Anyone having trouble with lateral instability, try using an ankle brace. Even with the semi-bulky ASO brace, it was still easy to slip the shoes on.

I think the lack of really great traction doesn't help in terms of the overall stability of the shoe.
It's hard to trust them when making quick stops or sudden transitions because the traction is so mild.
Kinda like you are waiting for them to bite into the floor.

dwoodactennis yeah I kind of agree with you. Traction isn't Kobe V but it isn't terrible by any means. Nightwing said it best when he mentions that the grip is great going forward but lateral grip could use some work. For me, I found the grip to get better as you wear it. At first, I was super underwhelmed with the traction. I was really disappointed actually. But after a couple weeks the rubber breaks down a bit and traction has actually improved a lot.

Ohio's would have been better than Ashes if they had the speckled midsole. That touch of red is nice. But ill just wait for Off Reds.

If he keeps rolling his ankle in these I can see them doing an elite version for the playoffs that fixes that how idk. But we haven’t had an elite version since the 12s. I’d love to see that.

Back
Top Bottom