*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

I've thought about this alot, the idea that a gr would ultimately make more in the end seems logical but ever since joining NT, I'm realizing just how much scarcity sells. People want what the can't have. I see people on here trashing a shoe and then when they find out it's "limited" all of a sudden it's a "must cop". I think Jordan brand is a perfect example. I'm sure even something like the recent PlayStations would sit and hit outlets if they were readilly available. gr are almost a gamble whereas raffles are a sure thing. As charitable as something may seem, Nike is ultimately a corporation at the end of the day. Think about how long the process of tallying up of profits for a single shoe would be across the lifespan while it sits on shelves would be as opposed to a limited pair where they know up front how many pairs are available and will all sell immediately.

I still would prefer to see less of the jumping through hoops but am just trying to see the other side.

Not wrong about the whole “scarcity sells” thing but when it comes to PE’s it usually either doesn’t come out (no money for Nike) or it gets a super limited release (some money for Nike, more money for secondary market). Now as a corporation would you not rather maximise your earning potential instead of trying to play off this thoery of hype? Its time like these where Nike seems so out of touch once again with their customers. They have all the means nowadays to see what colorways that are PE’s are received by the public on social media and yet they still do this limited stuff, its baffling how much money they’ve potentially not made over the last 5 years and im just speaking for Nike Basketball.

Not wrong about the whole “scarcity sells” thing but when it comes to PE’s it usually either doesn’t come out (no money for Nike) or it gets a super limited release (some money for Nike, more money for secondary market). Now as a corporation would you not rather maximise your earning potential instead of trying to play off this thoery of hype? Its time like these where Nike seems so out of touch once again with their customers. They have all the means nowadays to see what colorways that are PE’s are received by the public on social media and yet they still do this limited stuff, its baffling how much money they’ve potentially not made over the last 5 years and im just speaking for Nike Basketball.

So much truth with this post. As great as Nike is with marketing, they’re so out of touch with today’s consumer, it’s not even funny. A limited release or keeping the good colors as PEs does NOTHING for their cause in today’s times. Today’s buyers won’t just accept whatever you give them(mainly the bland colors) without consequence. People will move on to the next thing if they can’t get what they desire when they want it. No more consolation prize purchases with today’s market. Greed along with not giving people what they want is why Nike Basketball has struggled the past few years.

Nah Playstations are different because of the logo on the tongue and execution as compared to a P.E. that's blue and orange.
It's a collab so it's going to sell no matter what amount they make of them.

I would love to see some sales numbers that come as a result of people striking out on a pair they were hoping to cop. I mean at any given time, I'm usually sitting on a few things in my cart and lord knows on the day of the off-white launches, I ended up giving Nike my money on other pairs just to ease the pain :lol:

Good cause and nice concept. Not going to enter because nearly all of these pairs are going to people who donate 4-5 figures. Maybe less than a dozen pairs will go to some lucky people with a single or couple of entries. Even if you do win you have to get find another winner to have a black/white set taking a risk of getting a rep. I wonder what price FC and others will set for these.

Good cause to donate to, if I win a size 12 colorway who’s down to mix? Lol you never know.

Multi pair is good, but I think a black swoosh would’ve been even better

383276393758195713.png

So much truth with this post. As great as Nike is with marketing, they’re so out of touch with today’s consumer, it’s not even funny. A limited release or keeping the good colors as PEs does NOTHING for their cause in today’s times. Today’s buyers won’t just accept whatever you give them(mainly the bland colors) without consequence. People will move on to the next thing if they can’t get what they desire when they want it. No more consolation prize purchases with today’s market. Greed along with not giving people what they want is why Nike Basketball has struggled the past few years.
No offense but you sound like you're online too much and or hang out with only people into sneakers. The avg person don't give a flip about all these PE like cats on here. Ask the avg person are the Jordan's 13 that's coming out next week are they based on something from 20 years ago or not they going to look at you like dude beat it. The avg customer will accept whatever cause tbh they don't care as much as you think on CW. Now price wise they could probably do something but CW wise nah.

No offense but you sound like you're online too much and or hang out with only people into sneakers. The avg person don't give a flip about all these PE like cats on here. Ask the avg person are the Jordan's 13 that's coming out next week are they based on something from 20 years ago or not they going to look at you like dude beat it. The avg customer will accept whatever cause tbh they don't care as much as you think on CW. Now price wise they could probably do something but CW wise nah.

No, my point is Nike has a product issue. Ofcourse the market is MUCH bigger than Niketalk, in fact this demographic(“Sneakerheads/enthusiasts) is a spec in the grand scheme of things. The issue is the product they’re putting out along with it(basketball shoes) being out of fashion for casual wear. Nike focused too much on performance(albeit that’s what they’re for) at the expense of aesthetics. When basketball sneakers were booming/trending, most weren’t buying them for performance. And to think they’re going to recapture that buzz again by limiting good colors will not work.

Back
Top Bottom