OFFICIAL: Nike "MAG" thread vol. POWER LACEEEEEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about that time....

arguably one of the most recognizable, iconic sneakers of all time are finally coming to fruition (again,kinda)

discuss.

Technically this is a retro so I believe this is the right place, mods if not do what you gotta do.

With the arrival of 2015, moviegoers familiar with "Back to the Future Part II" know this is the year the Chicago Cubs win the World Series.

They also know that in 2015, self-tying shoes with power laces were available to the masses, courtesy of Nike.

And on Tuesday at the Agenda Trade Show in Long Beach, Calif., Nike designer Tinker Hatfield said this is the year the company will likely deliver on the promise introduced by Marty McFly in the movie 26 years ago. Hatfield designed the footwear actor Michael J. Fox wore in the 1989 movie.

Hatfield said his design team is working to deliver the Nike MAG in 2015 with Power Laces this year, the blog Nice Kicks reported, but a delivery date is not known. Hatfield also spoke at the conference about design and innovation, among other things.

Nice Kicks also published the US patent papers Nike filed for the power laces design.

Original patent filed in 2009:
View media item 1340788View media item 1340797View media item 1340796

i will become a priest if they release this to the public and i cop for retail online at NDC

eyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom