**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

I never understood this. If they wanted to help you would not have the ask because they would offer.

I've gotten these pms as well, after posting a steal.

Its a hassle. By the time I post the come up or I get the message, I'm long gone from the store. To hook you up, I have to go back to the store which requires gas, deal with the post office and their shenanigans and hope you don't pull a scam.

Real question is.. Do you believe the NTer should be compensated for their time or should you get it for the same price they got it plus shipping?

I dont know Im old school. If Im " hooking" someone up Im not thinking about gas, PO etc

Ive helped plenty of NTers at cost. 

My outlet has deals every day and why not pass it along. I dont wear much TF anymore so if someone can get a crew for $20 or pant for $30 then why not help. 

Also if you aint helping whats the point of posting prices especially at stores no one can place an order for. 

My nearest clearance store is a hour drive away.

If your not thinking about the time and gas to drive out there I am.

From my experience "steals" aren't in FSR. So, now I'm driving an hour in hopes they have "your" size.

I may hook up someone I know, but randoms will take some convincing.

Most of the time its nter that wants in for the price I go it and wants me to eat shipping.

Simple solution.. if you don't want people asking you to hook them up then don't post things you pick up for great prices

So your solution is only post your "steal" if your willing to help others. Posting the steal itself helps. Maybe not all but some.

I didn't know TF could be found for the low at TJMaxx if it weren't for posts in this thread. If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't make the drive to a clearance store looking for TF.

So your solution is only post your "steal" if your willing to help others. Posting the steal itself helps. Maybe not all but some.

I didn't know TF could be found for the low at TJMaxx if it weren't for posts in this thread. If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't make the drive to a clearance store looking for TF.
It's the solution if you feel that the annoyance of the amount of times being asked to help someone directly... outweighs the ability to help the local people who can actually use that information

I'm not the one complaining about all the trouble it is to alley-oop someone asking for help

Last edited:
Wow if dudes asking for an oop are asking you to eat shipping, that's obv absurd. I'm always willing to chip in to cover some of the time spent by the person.

Cost plus shipping is what I oop for when I do it. Especially for the regulars that help me out on a regular basis and vice versa. On some occasions though I've gotta sell for whatever an item costs in my size if I can't do a size swap. Other than that I'm not gonna tax someone for doing something I was already doing. Especially since I hit my spots weekly and am at the post office atleast 3 times a week.

My nearest clearance store is a hour drive away.

If your not thinking about the time and gas to drive out there I am.

From my experience "steals" aren't in FSR. So, now I'm driving an hour in hopes they have "your" size.

I may hook up someone I know, but randoms will take some convincing.

Most of the time its nter that wants in for the price I go it and wants me to eat shipping.

Who cares how far it is. Get out of the sticks!!!

If you going already then what's the issue.

And if you didn't know every mail carrier will pick up from your house.

Those that I lookout for* insert mark Cuban eating gif

I like I said I wasn't rasied in the me first world we live in today and to ask someone to tip me on a $20 shirt ain't worth it.

How you choose to do with your time is you but ain't a hook up where Im from.

we're starting to talk about 2 different things now I think :lol:

some are talking about the people who are specifically asking for oops (most of whom asking I rarely see on this message board never mind just this thread) and they're asking once a person has gotten home and posted the picture. most are not posting pics while in the store and waiting around. unless you're frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds

while others are talking about looking out for specific people they know who are in to TF and would possibly be interested in a piece.

Last edited:
Hey guys long time lurker I just got back from my local outlet after seeing all these steals and nothing to be found. I've had my eye on the Tech Knit bomber jackets for a long time anyone know if there are any to be had for under $100 shipped? There are some of the heather gray and solid black on ebay for that and just wondering if I should finally eat 

My rule of thumb is if you ain't a regular contributor to the thread; I wont even help them or if they've ever mentioned selling something in this thread or any other.

If I'm a size L in TF pants, what would I be in John Elliott Escobar pants? Anyone have any experience with either?

Sorry in advance, new to the thread. I've read a few people talking about asking for  "sample" TF when at the outlet/clearance stores. What exactly is a "sample" pair vs regular?  

Sorry in advance, new to the thread. I've read a few people talking about asking for  "sample" TF when at the outlet/clearance stores. What exactly is a "sample" pair vs regular?  
The same thing as a Sample Sneaker. Basically it's the prototype before they actually produce in mass quantities

I dont know Im old school. If Im " hooking" someone up Im not thinking about gas, PO etc. 

Ive helped plenty of NTers at cost. 

My outlet has deals every day and why not pass it along. I dont wear much TF anymore so if someone can get a crew for $20 or pant for $30 then why not help. 

Also if you aint helping whats the point of posting prices especially at stores no one can place an order for. 
Yeah forreal... If I had a clearance store like that near me, I would at least pick up a couple of sizes for NT fam. If it's that cheap then I would get one or two pieces to help other NTers out. And if no one wants then I would just let it go elsewhere for resale or keep it for myself. It's not a big deal unless you that broke. It's nice to help out random NTers because sometimes they give back in certain ways.

Guys, please keep the pickup requests to a PM.

Also, since we are being bitter towards each other,
JDBruhMan you suck
NYC5711 you suck
Drisk you suck
TR you suck
Retro you suck

Bigj505, you cool doe. You the MVP. Holler at me if you ever need something. :nthat:

I tried helping folks but BigJ put a stop to it pretty quick and I understand why, no hard feelings. Got the PM to prove it too. This was maybe two years ago

I tried tho

I tried tho

Last edited:
Some people here don't realize how a clearance store is different compared to a factory store. Most of time, a "hot" item i.e. Tech knit at a clearance store might have 1 or 2 inside unlike a traditional factory store that has full size runs of 1 said item. So for those looking for OOP, chances are slim that they'll have your size. I've OOP'd to a few local known NT'ers who were willing to drive or and meet me at my convenience. Not going to hassle with shipping to some unknown lurker or a person who rarely posts in this thread. Rather not get burned like some others who have told me of their horror stories.

Last edited:
Guys, please keep the pickup requests to a PM.

Also, since we are being bitter towards each other,
JDBruhMan you suck
NYC5711 you suck
Drisk you suck
TR you suck
Retro you suck

Bigj505, you cool doe. You the MVP. Holler at me if you ever need something. :nthat:

:rofl:

Anyone know if tk shrinks in the wash?

in the wash? no, as long as you're drying properly it should not shrink.

Back
Top Bottom