OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
roll.gif

Here are my pictures of my OG and retro... Please tell me which is the new one.
Bottom pair seems to have a slightly different weave pattern *on the heel* (not color, i'm talking about the way it's weaved together) 

My point is that most of the "changes" they make are not visibly apparent 

I've personally never heard this "rule of 3" for retros... Where did you get your info from?  I can confirm the Game Royal retro is identical to the original in every way other than the flyknit material being made of the new polyester fibers rather than the original cotton blend, but that's just flyknits across the board. 
Friend at Nike

Last edited:
they dont have to change the shoe to retro it bruh.

the new griffey I emeralds are almost the same as the last retro from 2011 except for the insole from what i remember.

Not the shoe but they have to change 3 design elements. For example they may use a different name for a color, slightly change the shape or alter the insole like you said. But they cannot re release the same EXACT sneaker in terms of design details & material.

Most times they try to make the changes as subtle as possible so that the consumer won't notice

I'm not so sure about that and this just sounds like a vague response.
I mean the pippen retros are pretty much identical to the previous one as well.
There is a list of Nike retros that haven't changed.

Last edited:
I mean the pipped retros are pretty much identical to the previous one as well.
 key words: pretty much

There are a lot of design elements that you would not even know were even a thing. I figured people would not necessarily believe or agree with what I said but i'm cool with that

I mean the pipped retros are pretty much identical to the previous one as well.

key words: pretty much

There are a lot of design elements that you would not even know were even a thing. I figured people would not necessarily believe or agree with what I said but i'm cool with that

What design elements are you talking about? The weave is identical, the colors are identical, the midsole is identical, the laces are identical and the boxes are identical. The only thing that is different is the production date on the tags of the shoes.

:rofl:

Here are my pictures of my OG and retro... Please tell me which is the new one.

There's a difference to me in the way the newer pairs are made compared to the older racers. The main difference to me is the way the heel shape is made, they have a more odd cut. Looking from the top they seem identical but from the side if you look at the top pair it has a rounded out heel...the bottom pair has a more flat heel in comparison. Weird shape issues like that are the only thing I can see different, why does it matter if they aren't that different though? I have the original game royals still DS at the moment & I don't care at all besides the fact I paid retail 2 years ago & since I didn't wear yet them I could've waited lol

There's a difference to me in the way the newer pairs are made compared to the older racers. The main difference to me is the way the heel shape is made, they have a more odd cut. Looking from the top they seem identical but from the side if you look at the top pair it has a rounded out heel...the bottom pair has a more flat heel in comparison. Weird shape issues like that are the only thing I can see different, why does it matter if they aren't that different though? I have the original game royals still DS at the moment & I don't care at all besides the fact I paid retail 2 years ago & since I didn't wear yet them I could've waited lol
And the weave of the heel looks like it was woven together differently as well. That's the most clear difference to me.

Bottom pair seems to have a slightly different weave pattern *on the heel* (not color, i'm talking about the way it's weaved together) 

My point is that most of the "changes" they make are not visibly apparent 

Friend at Nike
Hmm... But what purpose would it serve to change design elements so subtly that no one would know the difference? 

Hmm... But what purpose would it serve to change design elements so subtly that no one would know the difference? 
Because legally they HAVE to. But the consumer does not like change in a retro so as a company they want to keep it as close to the original as they possibly can so that they do not lose sales.

Heel shapes vary from pair to pair and actually even from shoe to shoe. Not sure if its just poor QC on Nike's behalf, but I have multiple pairs both old and new, with different shaped heels.

Because legally they HAVE to. But the consumer does not like change in a retro so as a company they want to keep it as close to the original as they possibly can so that they do not lose sales.

And that's why they do changes that the consumer hates? :lol:

Like these grey tongues?

Nike doesn't have to legally do anything as long as they own the patent and trademark. Whoever fed you this is full of s***. lol Why would Nike not be allowed to reproduce a shoe they created?

Yeah, this "they have to change at least three design elements" thing is coming out of nowhere. I've neither seen nor heard any evidence of that sort of thing.

Grey tongue or not I'm copping multicolor. I just care about the flyknit not the tongue. And the gray is subtle anyway so it don't bother me. Not trying to drop mad $ on the OGs and will settle for these

Back
Top Bottom