OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Somethings up with that tongue maybe you should size up bro [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Props for acid wash joggers tho [emoji]128517[/emoji]

:lol: maybe the angle or how I have them laced because I have plenty of room in my pair 8)

This is the reason I got rid of mine....
Props for Being brave brothah!!!!

So I just got my MC3s...pretty happy with them, though I noticed the quality feels quite cheap? Well when I compare them to my flyknit lunars and frees...the flyknit on the racers is stiffer and much thinner. Even the tongue is thinner. These ribbon laces are thin and crappy too haha! At least the sneaker looks good. My first pair of racers so I dunno...are they all like this or has the quality been dropping?

So I just got my MC3s...pretty happy with them, though I noticed the quality feels quite cheap? Well when I compare them to my flyknit lunars and frees...the flyknit on the racers is stiffer and much thinner. Even the tongue is thinner. These ribbon laces are thin and crappy too haha! At least the sneaker looks good. My first pair of racers so I dunno...are they all like this or has the quality been dropping?

I thought the quality of last year's Oreos was better than this year's MC3s.. I bought both pairs from NDC and they are the only Racers I own so maybe the difference is just in those pairs?

All the same material... all my 10+ pairs of racers all feel the same in size and quality.  

Have you guys weighed your pairs with a precision scale? (assuming they are all the same size) Subtle material changes will cause this to fluctuate.
Here's hoping you don't do this because who in their right minds would?  Shoe mold, flyknit material is all the same so even if there are any changes, it would be so minimal in this case anyway.  

Here's hoping you don't do this because who in their right minds would?  Shoe mold, flyknit material is all the same so even if there are any changes, it would be so minimal in this case anyway.  

Calculating average weight of shoes is actually a good measure to tell if a shoe is fake or not. You can use the standard deviation of shoe weight (among the legit pairs) as the measurement to compare fakes against. You can also use this technique to measure material changes from release-to-release. This was also commonly done when retro Jordans were released to compare to previous releases/OGs.

I notice differences in the tongues. My older models have a shorter tongues and pull my laces down where as my newer ones seem to have the right length. Like what was said, very minial difference.

Calculating average weight of shoes is actually a good measure to tell if a shoe is fake or not. You can use the standard deviation of shoe weight (among the legit pairs) as the measurement to compare fakes against. You can also use this technique to measure material changes from release-to-release. This was also commonly done when retro Jordans were released to compare to previous releases/OGs.
Damn, using statistical calculations to determine authenticity :nerd:

Damn, using statistical calculations to determine authenticity :nerd:

Fakes are getting better and better these days.. What will throw you off is B grades or pairs with different cuts of leather. Pairs with pretty much nothing but synthetic materials won't have much variance (in their respective weight) at all from pair-to-pair of the same model/cw.

Last edited:
Since you seem to have fair knowledge on how to detect authentics and fakes, you should apply for a job at FC lol

Fakes are getting better and better these days.. What will throw you off is B grades or pairs with different cuts of leather. Pairs with pretty much nothing but synthetic materials won't have much variance (in their respective weight) at all from pair-to-pair of the same model/cw.

thats why i only purchase from retailers, bc i dont have time for that ****. #retailorbust

I agree, I just never thought of it that way. I just had my statistics class this morning so reading your post caught my attention. :nerd:

We're weighing FK's now?

And Flight Club ain't weighing shoes. Have you guys ever seen them legit check? They barely look at the shoe. I understand they've seen so many shoes in their time, its probably easy to spot fakes, but to be honest, I know they can;t be 100% all the time. There's just no way

Anyone have any idea when/if to expect more Rainbow/MultiColor in the UK? Saw they dropped on the Nike website while I was away on holiday and missed out 
tired.gif
 So gutted! Obviously now saying sold out on every UK website I can find, looking for a size 10 in the latest version. eBay prices are ridiculous as well, not going down that route!

Do you know how else you can tell if they're fake or not?

By looking at the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom