OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

love the look of these except the volt... might cop still but any ideas to make them look like the 2014 ones with the black/white flywire? don't wanna cut them like some people have, don't want to lose functionality just because i don't like a little volt lol
the volt is so subtle you can barely notice it IMO

^ coming from the owner of several pairs himself, thanks! 
wink.gif

Cant wait until they get here. These prices Ive seen on ebay lately gave me no hope but sure enough she popped up for a price I couldnt pass

Have these colorways for 2017 been mentioned yet?

University Red/Black/Bright Mango 1/27
Black/White 2/10
Blue Glow/Black/Yellow Strike 2/24
White/Sail/Pure Platinum 3/24

Have these colorways for 2017 been mentioned yet?

University Red/Black/Bright Mango 1/27
Black/White 2/10
Blue Glow/Black/Yellow Strike 2/24
White/Sail/Pure Platinum 3/24

Yes, many times with the color codes as well. I'd love it if you had pictures of the white/sail/plat colorway.

looking for a pair of oreo 1.0 size 8.5. if anyone has leads lmk please :smile:

triple blacks came in. Put a light 3 miles in them. Very light and the cushioning is nice. The drop kind of forces you to run more on your mid foot / toe area which is a great thing. Excited to start maybe picking up more. I am still getting used to looking down and seeing the shape though...kinda pointy

Last edited:
triple blacks came in. Put a light 3 miles in them. Very light and the cushioning is nice. The drop kind of forces you to run more on your mid foot / toe area which is a great thing. Excited to start maybe picking up more. I am still getting used to looking down and seeing the shape though...kinda pointy
Still have yet to see these in person.. is the midsole that shiny?

^ yes. There is a glossy black paint on the midsole, which is different than the flat black foam on the rest of the midsole.

^ yes. There is a glossy black paint on the midsole, which is different than the flat black foam on the rest of the midsole.
Yep thats what I thought I remmebered from others who commented and have these in person.   Thanks for the confirmation.

Yep thats what I thought I remmebered from others who commented and have these in person.   Thanks for the confirmation.

No problem. I'll add also, that it is much glossier than the standard black paint that is used on the midsoles of other racers such as the mc. The black paint on other racers has a little shine, but the black paint on the midsole of the triple black is much shinier and glossy.

Just got my Triple Black Midnight racers in and I am pleasantly surprised. I originally bought them to compare them in person with my Knit by Night Blackout racers, but I really wasn't expecting to like them as much as I do. They look so sleek on feet and the triple black cw looks so good on the FKR silhouette in person, much more than I would have thought.

Triple Blacks vs. Knit by Nights comparison:

Midsole-     The obvious difference between the two is that the Knit by Night's midsole is vanilla off-white, while the Triple Black's midsole is black. The glossy part of the Triple Black's midsole actually looks pretty good in person and adds some dimension to the shoe since it is all blackout out. My only con with the shoe is that the black midsole does look like it can chip/flake revealing white bits. My pair already came with one chip but it's not too noticeable.

Upper-     At first glance, the uppers look almost identical. Upon closer inspection, the upper on the Knit by Nights are actually a full mixed weave while the upper on the Triple Blacks are a colorblocked mixed weave. The main difference in upper between the two is that the medial side of the Triple Blacks are a lighter shade of dark grey while the lateral side is a much darker greyish black. The swoosh on the Triple Blacks is much more visible on the medial side of the shoe than the lateral side since the medial side is lighter than the lateral side. The actual color of the weave of both pairs on the toebox looks nearly identical being a mix of anthracite/black. I was fully expecting the Triple Blacks to have a blue/green tinge based on previous reviews that I have read but I don't really see that at all. They read much more dark grey/black to me which is what I prefer.

Logo on tongue:     The logo on the tongue of the Knit by Nights is black with white writing and the logo on the tongue of the Triple Blacks is black with very dark grey writing.

Overall, I like both my Knit by Nights and Triple Blacks equally and am glad I have both in my collection. I actually love the Triple Black FKR's so much that I plan on doubling up next month. As a huge fan of triple black shoes, they are probably one of my favorite purchases in the last few months and they hold their own in my collection right next to my TB 1.0 UB and TB Uncaged.

When you hold the shoe in your hand, the gloss sticks out like a sore thumb. When you wear it on your foot, it's just a cool all black shoe.

Might be a silly question, but has anyone attempted or considered using a less revealing color on that glossy portion of the sole? Like a matte finish 

^^ easy mercurial swoosh customs..

man nike is making so many terrible decisions as of late.. hopefully these dont come out looking more platinum than white 

Back
Top Bottom