OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I don't see the blue tint either. I have them here in hand and see a pure anthracite/black weave with no tints of blue or green.

I'm actually at the airport rocking mine and I'm certain lights you can def see the bluish green tinit. I'm pretty sure it's the way the grey and black is mixed that makes it look bluish green.

Last edited:

...blue glint Triple Blacks vs Black Knit by Night without it... about at 3 min 37 sec...

Last edited:

Just got my Triple Black Midnight racers in and I am pleasantly surprised. I originally bought them to compare them in person with my Knit by Night Blackout racers, but I really wasn't expecting to like them as much as I do. They look so sleek on feet and the triple black cw looks so good on the FKR silhouette in person, much more than I would have thought.

Triple Blacks vs. Knit by Nights comparison:

Midsole-     The obvious difference between the two is that the Knit by Night's midsole is vanilla off-white, while the Triple Black's midsole is black. The glossy part of the Triple Black's midsole actually looks pretty good in person and adds some dimension to the shoe since it is all blackout out. My only con with the shoe is that the black midsole does look like it can chip/flake revealing white bits. My pair already came with one chip but it's not too noticeable.

Upper-     At first glance, the uppers look almost identical. Upon closer inspection, the upper on the Knit by Nights are actually a full mixed weave while the upper on the Triple Blacks are a colorblocked mixed weave. The main difference in upper between the two is that the medial side of the Triple Blacks are a lighter shade of dark grey while the lateral side is a much darker greyish black. The swoosh on the Triple Blacks is much more visible on the medial side of the shoe than the lateral side since the medial side is lighter than the lateral side. The actual color of the weave of both pairs on the toebox looks nearly identical being a mix of anthracite/black. I was fully expecting the Triple Blacks to have a blue/green tinge based on previous reviews that I have read but I don't really see that at all. They read much more dark grey/black to me which is what I prefer.

Logo on tongue:     The logo on the tongue of the Knit by Nights is black with white writing and the logo on the tongue of the Triple Blacks is black with very dark grey writing.

Overall, I like both my Knit by Nights and Triple Blacks equally and am glad I have both in my collection. I actually love the Triple Black FKR's so much that I plan on doubling up next month. As a huge fan of triple black shoes, they are probably one of my favorite purchases in the last few months and they hold their own in my collection right next to my TB 1.0 UB and TB Uncaged.
I think it really depends on the lighting, but under my current lighting conditions, I personally don't see the blue tint but only a grungy worn out charcoal look to the Triple Blacks having them in hand. To me the main difference in upper between the two are that the Triple Blacks are colorblocked mixed weave and the Knit by Nights are not, even looking at them side by side in person.

Last edited:
the last ~2 months have just been absolutely killer. i really need to take a break.

Yeah man I tallied up and the dollar amount is sickening. Not buying anymore for a while unless I'm reselling. Profits from reselling will go to a slush fund for buying and keeping my own pairs.

love the all-whites, but i wish the sole was white too

is it like with boost where the stuff doesn't really take well to different colors or something?

also, can anybody help me with this racer cw from a long time ago?

it had a volt swoosh on a white background on the outer side (forget what the inner side looked like) and i think it came out at around the same time as the yellow ones

as with all racers that came out during that pre-hype period, they weren't that popular and didn't sell out quickly

edit: found them

526628-170

these commanding stupid resell right now?

wish i had appreciated them more at the time they released

really underrated cw imo

Last edited:
pm if anyone is looking for 20 off 100 gift code for nike.com.. as i will not be using it.

edit: taken

Last edited:
I think it really depends on the lighting, but under my current lighting conditions, I personally don't see the blue tint but only a grungy worn out charcoal look to the Triple Blacks having them in hand. To me the main difference in upper between the two are that the Triple Blacks are colorblocked mixed weave and the Knit by Nights are not, even looking at them side by side in person.

any side by side pics?

any side by side pics?
The Triple Black racers are very much like the TB UB Uncaged being that for some reason, pictures do not accurately portray their true color so side by side pictures wouldn't really help much in this instance. In pictures/videos, they may cast a bluish cast but in person under most lighting conditions it is not discernible at all.

I can only assume that it's the way that the dark grey anthracite weave is mixed with the black that would give any illusion of a blue tint, but I can assure you that there is not an actual blue tint in the weave. If anything, they give off a charcoal tint since the upper is not fully black.

Last edited:
I have had both in order to compare - once you have seen them side by side and seen the bluish glint on the the Triple Blacks, you will always see it - especially in comparison to the Nikelab Black Knit by Night and  of course more under good lightconditions (some kind like the "golden or grass stains" on the Platinums) - it's something hard to deny. 

And the video of Sean Go gives a really good impression - imo.

As a question of individual taste I prefer the Black Knit by Nights and returned the Triple Blacks because of this bluish glint (and glossy part in the sole)

and prefer my Black Knit by Night with it's more true black and more elegant appearance (and contrast due to the ivory colored sole, without glossy part).

(At the same time the "grass stains" on the Platinums have been no deal braker to me - I think that they give the Platimuns a  more "natural /earth toned" look, which fits good to the colors I wear). 

Last edited:

I have had both in order to compare - once you have seen them side by side and seen the bluish glint on the the Triple Blacks, you will always see it - especially in comparison to the Nikelab Black Knit by Night and  of course more under good lightconditions (some kind like the "golden or grass stains" on the Platinums) - it's something hard to deny. 

And the video of Sean Go gives a really good impression - imo.

As a question of individual taste I prefer the Black Knit by Nights and returned the Triple Blacks because of this bluish glint (and glossy part in the sole)

and prefer my Black Knit by Night with it's more true black and more elegant appearance (and contrast due to the ivory colored sole, without glossy part).

(At the same time the "grass stains" on the Platinums have been no deal braker to me - I think that they give the Platimuns a  more "natural /earth toned" look, which fits good to the colors I wear). 
I too have both the Knit by Nights and Triple Blacks in person to compare, but I disagree about the blue tint as it reads much more charcoal to me. I don't think it is a fair statement to say that everyone will see the blue tint and once you see them in person, you will always see it because that is not always true. In reality, the difference in upper between the two is very marginal at best only varying in shade but not actual color as well as one being colorblocked and the other one not. The lateral side of the Triple Blacks are actually a touch darker than the Knit by Nights overall weave, while the medial side of the Triple Blacks are a touch lighter than the Knit by Nights. I love my Knit by Nights due to the ivory colored sole, but I also love my Triple Blacks due to the completely blacked out sole.

I actually only ordered the Triple Blacks in order to compare them in person to my Knit by Nights and had every intention of returning them after. I was never expecting to actually like them once I got them in hand and keep them, but in person I was pleasantly surprised.

On the other hand, I definitely cannot unsee the grass stains on the Earth Tones/"Pure Platinum" racers. The greenish tone woven throughout the weave is undeniable and for me, that was a complete deal breaker. That green tinge just gives them too much of a dirty appearance IMO.

Last edited:
It's a question of human cognition- it's natural, that you, once have seen or heared a certain good or especially bad thing (in your opinion) concerning a product or person, that you will always see it... and it's also human that beeing a fan of something, people often start to deny critical aspects, opinions or even facts...to convince others or even themselves...

However - Merry Christmas Everybody !-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom