OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
How hard is it to turn Acai Berry into these?

NIKE-FLYKNIT-RACER-526628_008_E_PREM_1.jpg

SMH at the racer slander :smh:

I'm saying though. These were the first ever to use flyknits. I think dudes are just doing the #metoo just look cool.

i wear my racers to gym for cool down runs and when i doing workout on my bike to gym. some of these dudes aint athletes so they don't know what a good or bad shoe is to make actual valid opinion.

I'd like the racers if the midfoot area of the midsole wasn't so narrow

they just don't work on my feet

during the development of this shoe it wasn't engineered for widefooters in mind. they are track shoes. and track shoes always fit narrow.
Nike-Flyknit-Track-Spike-1.jpg

i feel blessed to have narrow feet.
they fit me perfectly like a glove.

Racers look dope off my foot, but they’re awful when I put them on. Thankfully I get to live that racer life through my wife’s small collection.

I'm saying though. These were the first ever to use flyknits. I think dudes are just doing the #metoo just look cool.

i wear my racers to gym for cool down runs and when i doing workout on my bike to gym. some of these dudes aint athletes so they don't know what a good or bad shoe is to make actual valid opinion.

To be honest, I bought my first Racers in 2013 and it helped me overcome obesity coz Trainers were limited back then in the Philippines. I was 40 pounds overweight and of course, I went through the "size up" phase because my feet were fat. About a year later, I realized I found one of my motivations from a pair of narrow shoes. :lol:

Now I'm maintaining a healthy weight and feel good about myself.

Racers are pretty trash

I find it hard to believe these would be used by anyone for any type of physical acitivity

Wut? Maybe I'm an exception. I'm not a hardcore runner, but I try to run regularly. My PR for the HM is 1:33. My goal is to BQ one day. The FKRs (along with the Lunaracer3s) are probably in my Top 3 favorite running shoes (for performance). The VaporFly is KING right now, and the Zoom Fly is Top 5, but I digress... I actually logged > 500mi in my Cheetos. R.I.P.
1 (1).png

1 (2).png

I used to slander the FKR (BIG TIME! Check out my early posts in this thread lol) before I ran in them lol. The forefoot Zoom suits me just right! I love the FKR because it combines form and function. I lost count of how many I have now. I think have around 20 FKRs?

Flyknit Jordan 1s is a sick move. Impressive work.
Thanks, Bruh! I've always been a fan of the AJ1, but I couldn't deal with how flat and cardboard like they felt. So once, I found out a Flyknit version was launching, the lightbulb turned on! Flyknit and Lunar is the perfect marriage. I've read people raving about the comfort of the stock AJ1 Flyknit, but they still felt flat to me. With this swap, they feel absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Is that a pair of frees on lunar? More pics of those please. 4.0s have some of the best colorways would love to get those swapped.
Yessir. It's the Free RN Flyknit (2016) atop a LunarEpic sole.

Last edited:

Racers/trainers released together.

Plus racers are femenine. And no, I had no issue with the shoe being narrow. They just aren’t good.

Ha ok. I guess opinions are invalid unless you’re an athlete? Since when do we rate running shoes for their performance via “riding a bike”? Lol

Ok so I’ll state the positives about racers and then explain myself.

They’re lightweight and narrow. I have narrow feet so this was fine for me. I’m not much of a runner anymore, I’m a weight lifter. But when I do run i was only doing sprints. so racers were ok because I enjoyed their harder sole and how lightweight they were. I’ve always liked shoes that were minimal on me feet, hate brooks etc. for running.

Now, I was probably 185lbs back then? I’m 205lbs now, so needless to say I prefer a sole that can take away some of the impact. The racer is NOT the shoe for that. Then you have to consider their lack of structure to the upper; you could tie them as tight as you want but your feet could still move around and the narrow sole only made it worse. For me it was fine because I typically did my sprints on the treadmill after I lifted. I can’t tell you how often I see dudes with old racers where the sole has worn down uneven and their tied so tight they’re asking for their ankles to pop. Also a completely flat sole is never a good idea IMO. I’m sure my form is far from perfect but if youre someone who doesn’t have their stride down, like pronating, that sole is not for you.

So after some experience with the racer and then experience some of Nike’s other newer models. I can’t see how anyone would still run in them.

My current shoe is zoom fly. amazing at first but sole almost reacts too much for me. I want to try vaporfly but haven’t found the right price. Would love to try out Zoom vapor street.

IMO, it’s comical to even talk about the performance of the racer after having experienced some of their latest stuff. It’s back pedaling. Athlete or not.

Ha ok. I guess opinions are invalid unless you’re an athlete? Since when do we rate running shoes for their performance via “riding a bike”? Lol.

i like how my post got people actually defending their statements. well "let's talk about it" instead and just say the word "trash" and walking away like you made a valid statement/favorable opinion and everyone should agree with you. pssh that's not how things work.

like i said i wear my flyknit for cool down runs, don't chop up my statement. Yes you can use a running shoe gauge performance for many active activities(it's both a racer and training shoe as well a track shoe). I wear my flyknit mostly when i ride my bike cause it's one of my lightest shoe in my gym rotation. i could wear my basketball shoes while riding my bike but they are clunky/heavy and not always comfortable to using a basketball shoe to ride with a performance bike. The fact that flyknit racers are good for me personally as a my all around activity shoe while in the gym or trying bust down a few miles on my bike shows that its a good performance shoe when need to go light with your attire.

I'm an athlete, not a professional one but i do play sports. I also compete within the sports i play in such as Basketball, track, & small 5k races. i know quite a lot about the shoes i need to wear for each sport compete in and play at competitive level.

Nike has come along away from the introduction from the original flyknits/flywire technology, their newer models have a lot more structure and had better impact protection.

I would say that the flyknits aren't geared towards doing hardcore road running as they were when they were first introduce. Cause the newer nike running shoes have been developed to succeed the the flyknit racers where the flyknit racers failed to please group of athletes that might want structure and not fit as narrow. they are mainly now for the causal crowd who wants a good looking aesthetic shoe. fashion over function basically.

they are other shoes that the flyknit material is being used such as metcons, nike flyknit frees 4.0 etc....

But to call the flyknit racer/trainer a trash shoe just because you have frankenstein feet doesn't mean it's bad shoe for the masses. its a bad shoe for YOU! cause it doesn't work for YOU and YOU should like elsewhere, where you can get a shoe that fits and form to your foot.

need them TB's for 74.99

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeard

all jokes aside, I need them but I'll wait. hopefully they'll sit long enough. need some new black shoes, my TB Presto's are hurting.

Back
Top Bottom