OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
1392230583088_lebron-james-gq-magazine-march-2014-sports-style-men-fashion-athlete-nba-02.jpg

I think that makes the shoe.

I'm tempted to grab a pair of E Greens and paint the swoosh black like someone did a while back.  Believe it was @jst628
It was the tongue. Still looks sick. Would probably look even better with a black Swoosh too though.

Here's the OG post w/ more pics:
http://niketalk.com/t/333957/offici...-2014-fits-true-to-size/4300_20#post_17594670

He said it was airbrushed and painted with Angelus fabric paint. I might order them when I get home and try it out :lol:.

He only painted the tongue black, I believe.  Swoosh stayed white.

But the black tongue made that shoe so much better.

I think that makes the shoe.

I'm tempted to grab a pair of E Greens and paint the swoosh black like someone did a while back.  Believe it was @jst628
It was the tongue. Still looks sick. Would probably look even better with a black Swoosh too though.

http://niketalk.com/t/333957/offici...-2014-fits-true-to-size/4300_20#post_17594670

He said it was airbrushed and painted with Angelus fabric paint. I might order them when I get home and try it out
laugh.gif
Ahhh, that's right.  I may need to put my money where my mouth is and cop these like I said I would back then. 
laugh.gif

A black tongue and a black swoosh would make these insane.

Ahhh, that's right.  I may need to put my money where my mouth is and cop these like I said I would back then. :lol:

I agree, they'd be so sick. Pretty much looks like a totally different shoe.

I have a few shoes that Nike overcharged me on (vs the Suggested Retail sticker) so I might complain about those tonight and try to get a gift card for the difference. Apply that along with the 26% from the clearance code/eBates for a nice little price drop. I know I'm probably gonna butcher the custom job so I wanna get them for as cheap as possible :lol:.

Last edited:
If your running in these please please know your stride and what your getting yourself into.

These aren't for stability or flat footed runners. Neutral would work, but don't just get these and start running in them and complain they are terrible.

^Don't even own a pair yet (one is on the way) but this is good advice.  Bought mine for in-gym training and casual use

What kinds of socks do you guys wear in your Flyknits? I've been wearing Nike Dri-Fit no show socks but they're not exactly no show and they're thick and padded. Anyone have any recommendations for thin no show socks? I think I've seen Drimax recommended before but I'm not sure.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wish I could go sockless but after a few wears they start to smell too bad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Not to mention this winter has been brutal so I need to wear socks or else I'll have frostbitten toes.
i buy super no-show puma socks from marshalls. they're like $6 for 3 pairs i think. they're low enough to clear my racers and every other shoe i own

What kinds of socks do you guys wear in your Flyknits? I've been wearing Nike Dri-Fit no show socks but they're not exactly no show and they're thick and padded. Anyone have any recommendations for thin no show socks? I think I've seen Drimax recommended before but I'm not sure.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wish I could go sockless but after a few wears they start to smell too bad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Not to mention this winter has been brutal so I need to wear socks or else I'll have frostbitten toes.

Ahhh, that's right.  I may need to put my money where my mouth is and cop these like I said I would back then. 
laugh.gif

I agree, they'd be so sick. Pretty much looks like a totally different shoe.

I have a few shoes that Nike overcharged me on (vs the Suggested Retail sticker) so I might complain about those tonight and try to get a gift card for the difference. Apply that along with the 26% from the clearance code/eBates for a nice little price drop. I know I'm probably gonna butcher the custom job so I wanna get them for as cheap as possible
laugh.gif
Yeah, that's my only hangup.  If I screw them up, I wasted $100+, lol.  I think I'm definitely going to have someone paint 'em for me.  I don't want to half *** 'em and feel like an idiot.

couldn't resist since i'm clearing out stuff
tongue.gif

mean.gif
Was on eBay last night looking for all of those. The prices? ridiculous, I had to log out.
Yep, and most of 'em were chillin' on clearance for months.  Crazy how this shoe thing goes.

Last edited:

He said it was airbrushed and painted with Angelus fabric paint. I might order them when I get home and try it out :lol:.

how would one do this? I just ordered a pair of E greens and would love to black out the tongue and swoosh if possible.
His friend did the job so he didn't have much info. Here's what he said:

http://niketalk.com/t/333957/offici...-2014-fits-true-to-size/4320_20#post_17599830

If I get a pair I'm gonna do it minus the airbrushing. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

over in the new balance thread, for people wanting to do "custom" 574 IDs (to get the purple devil, red devil, pink devil, etc. look), they take 8 parts black fabric paint to 2 parts water and just use art paintbrushes to dab in the paint layer by layer.  i guess just repeat the process until the whole thing is blacked out.  the water helps it seed into the fabric easier for those wondering

i only advise this, as opposed to physically trying to paint the tongue, because i can see a lot of user error occurring; seeing that once you "accidentally" touch other parts of the shoe, there's no turning back.  i dont wanna be seeing a bunch of blacked out "custom" flyknits for those who mess up 
laugh.gif

How do you use ebates? Is there a code I enter? Or if I click through the ebates link to the nike store, it automatically deducts the 6% when I check out?

How do you use ebates? Is there a code I enter? Or if I click through the ebates link to the nike store, it automatically deducts the 6% when I check out?
You need to sign up for an ebates account first: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yqIL/u76ZS8XzKtvLLeDpw==

Once you have an account, you just access the store you want to purchase from on ebates.com (scroll through stores to find Nike in this case).  If you're logged into your account it will track your purchase and eventually record the % back you get

You won't see the deduction on your Nike store purchase, the cash back only shows up in ebates, but it will be there.  Otherwise you can email them if by some chance it doesn't show up.  It can take a few days sometimes

Last edited:
Got my order confirmation & shipping with the Black/White Trainer last nite from RRS....My week is complete...

Last edited:
over in the new balance thread, for people wanting to do "custom" 574 IDs (to get the purple devil, red devil, pink devil, etc. look), they take 8 parts black fabric paint to 2 parts water and just use art paintbrushes to dab in the paint layer by layer.  i guess just repeat the process until the whole thing is blacked out.  the water helps it seed into the fabric easier for those wondering

i only advise this, as opposed to physically trying to paint the tongue, because i can see a lot of user error occurring; seeing that once you "accidentally" touch other parts of the shoe, there's no turning back.  i dont wanna be seeing a bunch of blacked out "custom" flyknits for those who mess up :lol:
Thanks for the info. I'll probably still end up with a blacked out pair though :lol:

waiting for the summer to unds the yellow and the turquoise racers...

Missed wearing my flyknits but temperature over here just doesnt allow it... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom