OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I don't get all the likes for the lunar sole. I think the flyknit looks better with the zoom sole regardless of support. I can't wait for hopefully the restock of the set released July 27th and the new ones coming out (NOT the lunar ones! The ZOOM ones).

I honestly didn't really care much for the Zoom versions, but it's all about personal preferences. The Lunar-soled (LR / LG4) versions look cleaner, IMO. Again, everyone has different tastes.

Last edited:

Hoping someone can help a new brother out, I've been very curious about fly knit since the intro at the beginning of the year. My question is about the different soles that have been released and may be released...
I have a neutral ride, have been with Vomero 4's (ancient i know!) and while very comfortable, I always felt I was running on platform shoes. How do the Racers, Trainers, HTM's, Lunar One soles (am I missing any?) all compare for someone with a neutral ride and prefers cushioning but maybe not quite so platform-like, ready for a drag revue, type of feel?

I'm carrying some extra pounds but have lost about 40lbs in the last couple years doing weight training, elliptical, some running, and just started cross fit classes. Oh and my knees aren't in the best of shape...acl replacement surgery two years ago slowed me done quite a bit...

Anyway, any additional info on soles, fitting, color way intros would be great - this thread and site have been very helpful so far, so thanks!

also keep in mind the price for the Lunar One+ will jump to $180. 

the 180 price tag, olympic hype dying down, and abundance of colorways will probably mean some colors will eventually go on sale... hopefully.
For real though?  No damn way I'm even thinking about them for $180.  I only kept one pair of my Flyknits, I think the Lunar Ones might be better in terms of comfort but I'd buy some LunarGlides or something of the like first.  I'm not that wowed by the Flyknit technology now after looking forward to them for so long, not even for $150.  $180 is absurd.

i personally think the lunar ones look hideous
happy.gif

and the person coming up with these colorways must be color blind. almost 30 different pairs for both the trainers and lunar ones and pretty much all with the exception of 2 look absolutely terrible. guess it's downhill from here on out.

Last edited:
Hoping someone can help a new brother out, I've been very curious about fly knit since the intro at the beginning of the year. My question is about the different soles that have been released and may be released...
I have a neutral ride, have been with Vomero 4's (ancient i know!) and while very comfortable, I always felt I was running on platform shoes. How do the Racers, Trainers, HTM's, Lunar One soles (am I missing any?) all compare for someone with a neutral ride and prefers cushioning but maybe not quite so platform-like, ready for a drag revue, type of feel?
I'm carrying some extra pounds but have lost about 40lbs in the last couple years doing weight training, elliptical, some running, and just started cross fit classes. Oh and my knees aren't in the best of shape...acl replacement surgery two years ago slowed me done quite a bit...
Anyway, any additional info on soles, fitting, color way intros would be great - this thread and site have been very helpful so far, so thanks!

I'd look elsewhere, if I were you. All the FlyKnits lack cushioning around the ankles. If you want to go with Lunar, try looking into the LunarGlide 4s or the LunarEclipses, as they both are very comparable to the plush Vomeros.

Last edited:
also keep in mind the price for the Lunar One+ will jump to $180. 

the 180 price tag, olympic hype dying down, and abundance of colorways will probably mean some colors will eventually go on sale... hopefully.

Where did you see or hear $180 price tag for the Lunar Ones? I thought they were supposed to be a wider release and less expensive.

Heard that the next round of HTM flyknits drop in november. No other info. Also no clue on what happened to the rest of the 260 pairs of htm3 releases. If each spot only had 20 pairs of each color, thats 13 shops. I can only think of about 8-9 spots off the top of my head.

Thanks didn't know about the lack of cushioning for the ankles... But doesn't the newest set of fly knit essential have the lunarlon soles just like the LunarGlide 4?

I tried those on btw and they felt good but was told it wasn't a good idea if I had a neutral ride...

I don't understand why the lunar +version would cost more with less expensive tooling. How does the bottom of a $110 shoe and the upper of a $150 shoe = $180?

I'm still excited for the new colors!

Where did this $180 come from? Source from whomever posted it?

Zoom should cost more than Lunar foam, so its not logical to have it cost more than the current ones.

Thanks didn't know about the lack of cushioning for the ankles... But doesn't the newest set of fly knit essential have the lunarlon soles just like the LunarGlide 4?
I tried those on btw and they felt good but was told it wasn't a good idea if I had a neutral ride...

Yeah, you definitely won't feel the same plushness, if any, in the FlyKnits.

Regarding the soles, that's correct. The Lunar Ones have the same "Bottomless Carrier" sole technology as the LG4s and LunarEclipses. It's a two piece construction system, where the a portion of the firm Lunar foam outsole/carrier is cut out in the forefoot. That portion is replaced by the soft Lunar foam that's also extends from the midsole, and it provides more cushioning in the forefoot.

By Neutral, you mean you don't overpronate nor supinate, correct?

I'm pretty sure the Lunar Ones are meant to be a Stability shoe given the LG4 sole. I'm thinking they'll feel similar to the original LunarTrainer. They don't have any plushness around the ankles, yet they offer a pretty cushioned and responsive ride.

Last edited:
TWO NEW Racer CWs!!

VIA CK

BTW: Also via the Editor of CK- John Brilliant- "Bigger shoes breaking today. Stay tuned... RT @CounterKicks: Exclusive: Nike Flyknit Racer In Two New Colorways http://bit.ly/NnlNi0" - From twitter

REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY,  SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD! PRICE ISN'T THE ISSUE. IT'S STILL A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS OR EVEN TO SHIP.​
 ​
THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS AT A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP. EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS. TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS. (PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.​
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom