OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters
iDK where you live but i see them way way more often than two years ago.. times have changed
You must either live in Cali or NY. Down in Florida, it's 1% imo. Of course you see more now than 2 years ago, but it's still a low low percentage. 

You must either live in Cali or NY. Down in Florida, it's 1% imo. Of course you see more now than 2 years ago, but it's still a low low percentage. 

In Seattle they're so much more common now than they were just last year. Definitely more than 1% of sneaker head men/women have a pair over here

thanks.. definitely recommend doing a swap or two.. I dare to say that Racer upper with Lunar soles is more comfortable than my HTM Lunars.. fits my feet really well for some reason.. been wearing these a lot lately, sometimes the whole day and they stay comfy all day.. 

That pair looks amazing brotha. Can't wait to start on one

101 / 100 or Agent 101

probably one of my favorite customs this year.. 
Gotta admit, this the first racer/lunar mutant, that I like. I think maybe it was the all-white sole, that messed with the previous customs, but with this cw the white contrast isn't noticeable and therefor looks perfectly integrated. 

I'm sure next to each other the actual height is the same but that sole looks so chunky on the racer upper. I think having a color to visually reduce the height of the sole does a lot on the racer upper for me personally. Then again, I prefer colored soles/midsoles on these shoes. Still a cool idea.

Last edited:

iDK where you live but i see them way way more often than two years ago.. times have changed
In relative terms, they're everywhere. In general, you're probably going to find more of any popular style in metro areas as well. I'm from Florida originally, too, and I'll agree you may not see them as much as the metro area. But as a whole, there's are a ton of Racers in people's hands. The fact that FTLs/HoHs have Racers in what seems like everyone of their stores, makes them pretty ubiquitous (major city wise at least). The market is flooded with FK and FK Racers these days. Whereas  just 6 months/year ago, it was an Easter Egg contest even for the B&W Racers. And before Yeezus himself wore Trainers, they and Racers sat on shelves and waited in peril for their ill fated turn on the sale rack. Are they going to be as common as Air Maxes or Jordans? Of course not, but you can pretty much get Racers from an assortment of major retailers and running stores online these days. Same is true with Asics. You would have been hard pressed to find a Gel Lyte 3 and 5s at a big chain a year ago, but now, you can find them all over the place. Where there's money, "they" will come. 

Shoes seem to have shifted from a basketball centric circle, to runners. Not saying that AMs and such haven't been popular, but hell, even Saucony's have found their way on FLT and FA shelves. The amount of collabs and GRs being pumped out these days is crazy. When I lived in Houston, and I barely saw people even wearing Bred 11s, and we all know, they were EVERYWHERE. Personal opinion is, things that people think is going to make them money, usually sits in a box because they think they're resellers. Hopefully some people will take their Oreos out the box and actually wear them when they find out their profit is going to yielded them a negative return.

Last edited:
Haven't been active in this thread for years but I need to clean my white FK trainers. Any suggestions? I think I remember someone saying that you could put them in a pillow case and then throw them in the washer? Any tips are appreciated

Take laces out, pillow case and gentle wash with a little detergent. I also use a toothbrush and soap to clean the soles/midsoles first also.

Last edited:
Gotta admit, this the first racer/lunar mutant, that I like. I think maybe it was the all-white sole, that messed with the previous customs, but with this cw the white contrast isn't noticeable and therefor looks perfectly integrated. 
you'll prolly like my next pair as well.. :smile:

but honestly this is not for everyone and I'm perfectly fine with it.. I did the swaps coz I liked the way they look and the comfort of the Lunar sole is nothing to none per my experience with my HTM Lunars.. I've said it before but I'm actually liking the swaps more than the HTM Lunars.. swaps fit me perfect for some reason..

Ordered a sz 11.5 in Oreo and went by the size poll, half sz up and they are too big. Need a sz 11 but sold out on rrs. Don't know if I should return they. Do racer stretch big as they get worn?

Ordered a sz 11.5 in Oreo and went by the size poll, half sz up and they are too big. Need a sz 11 but sold out on rrs. Don't know if I should return they. Do racer stretch big as they get worn?

Which poll did you go by? The poll on here has 47% say to go tts.

As for the size, I don't feel like any of mine have gotten bigger or smaller with use, and that includes some of the racers I have had for many years.

I believe the general consensus is if you have wide feet then size up .5, otherwise TTS would work. These are unisex shoes and have a rather slim profile. I personally have a 9 (my tts) and it was pretty tight, I can wear it barefoot but its way too snug with socks on so I ended up buying a new 9.5.

I have wide feet. So I went half sz up. Maybe I'm just not use to the thinnest and fabric of the shoes. I usually wear basketball shoes or new balance

I have wide feet. So I went half sz up. Maybe I'm just not use to the thinnest and fabric of the shoes. I usually wear basketball shoes or new balance
I have wide feet. My shoe sizes are as follows and are based on when I wear Uniqlo's no-show socks (which have thin-to-regular thickness):

NB 998 -- 9.5 (comfortable with enough wiggle room -- 998s run .5 size big)

Asics GL V's -- 10 (my TTS -- comfortable with enough wiggle room) 

Air Max 90 -- 10 (my TTS -- comfortable with enough room)

FK Racers -- 10 (my TTS -- snug but comfortable)

AJ1 Jordans -- 10.5 (went half size up due to tightness around the toe box)

Ultra Boosts -- 10.5 (went half size up due to tightness around the toe box)

Hope this can help. Best way is to just try on any of the racer models at footlocker.

Go to Foot Locker. They'll let you size swap without a receipt if they have your size. 

Thought I'd share my first Racer wheel with you guys. Was quite overwhelmed with the IG and FB response I got. Always hunting older Racer releases daily

Back
Top Bottom