OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
interesting  bit about the fks and elite running and the beast kipchoge:

2014:

Eliud-Kipchoge.jpg

2014 Rotterdam marathon:

FK lunar 2 top with streak 5 soles (that combo must be great)

won it in this pair in 2:05

BlB0aygIgAAgraq.jpg

he also used the streak 5 a lot.

then in berlin this year he was testing a new pair (new streaks?), and the insoles come out at mile 9

cbCkR296gPcUZEvh5oOK.jpg

still won it in 2:04 tho, but he had a change to set the world record and that **** ****** him up big time. Dude was crushed but played it super cool and didn't say anything as he is under contract.

But yeah. Don't see too many elites using the fk racers, and it's probably bc of the sole.

Last edited:

how is it running in racers?
There's a member on here forgot his username, but I think he put a hundred or more miles on his cheetos racers. Also some of the other members who have did some 5-10k's said they wouldn't recommend running in em. 

There's a member on here forgot his username, but I think he put a hundred or more miles on his cheetos racers. Also some of the other members who have did some 5-10k's said they wouldn't recommend running in em. 
illustrayt illustrayt put on almost 400 miles I believe..

I ran 5-10k's on Racers and they're fine but personally cannot run any more than 10k's with them.. I need a little more cushion after 10k..

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but is there an explanation as to why/how people got the early link from NDC for the MC 2.0?

interesting  bit about the fks and elite running and the beast kipchoge:

2014:
Eliud-Kipchoge.jpg

2014 Rotterdam marathon:
FK lunar 2 top with streak 5 soles (that combo must be great)
won it in this pair in 2:05
BlB0aygIgAAgraq.jpg

he also used the streak 5 a lot.

then in berlin this year he was testing a new pair (new streaks?), and the insoles come out at mile 9
cbCkR296gPcUZEvh5oOK.jpg

still won it in 2:04 tho, but he had a change to set the world record and that **** ****** him up big time. Dude was crushed but played it super cool and didn't say anything as he is under contract.
But yeah. Don't see too many elites using the fk racers, and it's probably bc of the sole.

DAMB! SO FAST that his insoles are seeping out! :wow: I'd love to see the side profile of those modded FK2s.

how is it running in racers?

I'm nowhere near elite, but I can say that I'm a decent casual runner with 3:30 full / 1:33 half PRs. Personally, I enjoy running in my FKRs. The forefoot Zoom feels great and explosive for tempo runs. The most that I've run in them was 16mi, but I have no doubt they can handle a full marathon. However, I think they work well for runners with somewhat high arches and narrow feet with a mid to forefoot strike...

I follow a few runners on IG that run in them regularly (mr shea, firstrun, quacktieu, etc).

I currently have about ~330mi on them. I'm looking to break 400mi in them next month, as they'll be my featured running shoe of the month.

YIKES! R.I.P. :frown: I always machine wash my FKs and other running shoes, and they come out looking FRESH every time.

1. Remove laces and insoles
2. Give them the standard water, soap and brush clean
3. Place them in the washing machine WITHOUT a pillowcase along with their insoles and laces with a similar colored load
4. Pour detergent
5. Set machine to regular settings and COLD WATER
6. Once completed, let air dry (NEVER NEVER NEVER MACHINE DRY)

Last edited:
However if you want to shrink your FKs, this seems to be the set-up...

When FKs were debuted, certain NR shops had a steamer to provide a better fit...

so tired of RRS... tried to use my 20% off voucher from the B/W Disaster .. and this damn rep thinks im talking about the 10% off vip + 10% off code ... kept explaining to her what im talking about and she tells me there is a note on my account to give me 20% off BUT ITS WITHOUT VIP (WTF???)

Hey guys. How do the lined trainers fit compared to the unlined? Are they more snug? Are unlined preferable?
I think it depends. Some trainers are padded and some are unpadded. I went a size up on my padded trainers and the fit similiar to my oreo 2.0 racers which are unpadded.

Do anyone of you know where I could get replacement ribbon laces?

And any ideas on what kind of adhesive to use to fix this? 

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom