OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
What was the issue with the patterns? Dark toes?
yeah man, I should've taken pics of the 3 pairs so you guys can see different combos..

some had more purple, some had more orange or black.. some had more stripes and some had solid colors.. it's really personal preference but I chose the pair that had some slight difference but for the most part have the same distribution of colors.. pics would've been a better explanation..
mean.gif

A better sole indeed!
smokin.gif
Did you ever go forward with the sole swap?  I noticed your name on instagram.

Its crazy how fast the price of these sole swaps have dropped.  It went from $500 to $150 now.  Pretty good to know that you can't get raped... too much for the service now. 

Last edited:
Did you ever go forward with the sole swap?  I noticed your name on instagram.

Its crazy how fast the price of these sole swaps have dropped.  It went from $500 to $150 now.  Pretty good to know that you can't get raped... too much for the service now. 

Not yet... I'm waiting to see how Marv's set turns out. Also, I just found out that it's best for the sole to be a 1/2 size smaller than the upper. Both of my FKR uppers and LR soles are the same size (+1/2 my true), so they'll turn out pretty funky. :/

I wonder if it's the same for the Trainer because I located a pair of the Total Oranges for a pretty good deal and may convert those instead. :nerd:

Ahh! Cool! What's your IG?

-edit-
For those looking for cheap LR soles... Sizes are limited though. The site is eligible for ebates 5%. You can also get free shipping over $75. For orders over $100, use "THRILLER10" for $10 off.

https://www.jackrabbit.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lunaracer

Last edited:
Not yet... I'm waiting to see how Marv's set turns out. Also, I just found out that it's best for the sole to be a 1/2 size small than the upper. Both of my FKR uppers and LR soles are the same size (+1/2 my true), so they'll turn out pretty funky. :/

I wonder if it's the same for the Trainer because I located a pair of the Total Oranges for a pretty good deal and may convert those instead.
nerd.gif

Ahh! Cool! What's your IG?

-edit-
For those looking for cheap LR soles... Sizes are limited though. The site is eligible for ebates 5%. You can also get free shipping over $75. For orders over $100, use "THRILLER10" for $10 off.

https://www.jackrabbit.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lunaracer
For racers, you need to go half size up for the donor.  For trainers, you can go tts for the donor. I started messing around with the sole swaps a little bit after Lemon posted his first black trainer so that's what I have figured out in terms of sizing.

My IG is melvitsio.  

Also, keep an eye out on IG for deals.  I got a pair of black trainer donors for pretty cheap, and Lemon beat me to the white trainers for cheap too from the same seller.  

I bought the seller's black pair and then decided to ask about the white one, but by that time he said Lemon bought it.  I think that was his white pair of trainers he was cleaning in the washing machine.   The seller was asking something like $150-170 so you can still get deals out there. (assuming paying retail for a used shoe is considered a deal)  I have a little collection of DS black trainers for personal use, but can't get myself to cut up a DS pair for sole swapping. 

I thought Marv already got his pair back?  It seems like Marv commissioned every customizer who does sole swaps to do at least one for him haha.  But it is pretty crazy that in the matter of 2-3 months the prices customizers can charge has dropped dramatically.  Now that it's only $150, I think it's better off to have someone spend the time and hassle to do it than try it yourself.  If they mess up, they have to compensate you back vs being mad at yourself for the mistake haha. 

Last edited:
NICE! They're EASILY my favorite shoe to run in! HOWEVER, that may change if I ever get an FKR/FKT swapped with an LR sole. :smokin

I hear you there. I'm sure that will change if you do a FKR with the LR sole. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up after some good miles.

Back
Top Bottom