OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Flyknit Saturdays? Love these. Impatiently waiting for trainers to arrive.

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

thanks for posting the bodega link, pales have shipped. i struck out on sneakrs due to wrong payment information.

Do racers and trainers run the same? I wear a 10 in racers. Will I be a 10 in trainers as well?
Since people are complaining about the size recommendations being wrong, I would say go with the size you wear in most sneakers. I'm universally a 13 in all shoes so they fit perfect in a 13. If you're wearing your racers fitted and not loose, go with that size.

Do racers and trainers run the same? I wear a 10 in racers. Will I be a 10 in trainers as well?
To me, if you get your true size in racers then you should be ok with your true size in trainers with more wiggle room. If you go .5 up in your racers then i think you can still get your true size in trainers and it'll be just right

Some places have em sitting so you should be able to cop and maybe return em if you dont like the fit. Maybe buy 2 different sizes so you know for sure which you like.

People who are complaining that their trainers fit too loose: can't you just steam these like the racers to make them fit more snug?

lol is this seriously a thing? my trainers fit too big for me and the goodhood sent me a jacked up box so i can't move em. i might try this lol

Undefeated order just arrived. Thought I was gonna have to wait till Tuesday.

Spent over $600 on shoes in the past week. I need to chill. Hopefully I can win my fantasy leagues to pay these off lol.

lol is this seriously a thing? my trainers fit too big for me and the goodhood sent me a jacked up box so i can't move em. i might try this lol
I mean, the steam-to-fit flyknit thing originated with the original release of these, the racers, and the lunar 1. IDK if the flyknit has changed in the retro but I don't see why it wouldn't respond to steaming the same way the originals did.

I mean, the steam-to-fit flyknit thing originated with the original release of these, the racers, and the lunar 1. IDK if the flyknit has changed in the retro but I don't see why it wouldn't respond to steaming the same way the originals did.
The Flyknit material is the exact same. In principal the process should work the same. But I don't think you can shrink a shoe all that much.

The Flyknit material is the exact same. In principal the process should work the same. But I don't think you can shrink a shoe all that much.

When Nike did it at the Olympic trials it was on shoes that were already kinda snug. They fit the person themselves then steamed the shoes for a custom fit for their intended use.

The steaming process is not for people who have shoes that are too big for them.

When Nike did it at the Olympic trials it was on shoes that were already kinda snug. They fit the person themselves then steamed the shoes for a custom fit for their intended use.

The steaming process is not for people who have shoes that are too big for them.

ahh rather not risk that lol. I'll just deal with a little heal slippage

The FK material is not the same though. They switched with the racers to a plastic type of material, instead of the original. I don't recall exactly which shoe it was, but it was around the release of the Oreo 2.

As for the steam fitting, the flyknit material will still shrink when exposing it to heat. You can certainly get the knit to shrink with heat (steam, water + hair dryer, hot water), but it will deform the upper slightly.

You can definitely steam it to shrink to fit them. That's why it's not recommended to dry them in a dryer if you end up doing machine wash. Some guy in here way back did it to his racers and they were shriveled up like condoms lmao.

edit: Here's the pic

wsC13fG_wjaik4.jpg

You can definitely steam it to shrink to fit them. That's why it's not recommended to dry them in a dryer if you end up doing machine wash. Some guy in here way back did it to his racers and they were shriveled up like condoms lmao.

edit: Here's the pic

wsC13fG_wjaik4.jpg

This was from a hot wash cycle if i remember correctly

This was from a hot wash cycle if i remember correctly
Oh ok I thought it was the dryer that did the shrinking, but I assume it would have the same effect if you dried it in a dryer after washing. This is besides the point tho. Flyknit can shrink.

Undefeated order just arrived. Thought I was gonna have to wait till Tuesday.

Spent over $600 on shoes in the past week. I need to chill. Hopefully I can win my fantasy leagues to pay these off lol.

Same here man, would've been half that if they would've ended up on NDC :smh:

Back
Top Bottom