OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
White ones (2017) came out great in the washer, look nearly brand new. The black ones (2012) came out good too, uppers are super clean but the top part of the midsole is flaking off (assuming this would’ve prob happened with wear anyways).

Never repainted a midsole before. Figured I can just sand off that black strip on the midsole and repaint with some special paint?

9DFA13D6-E0D6-43B3-BA3A-5ABC3120F624.jpeg

How’d you wash em in the machine? Pillow case and a delicate cycle?

Got it, thanks everyone

So based on some googling and these last few posts, this should result in a reasonably durable midsole (just the upper part this is painted black):
1) wipe down midsoles
2) run some acetone over the midsoles to remove remaining black paint, let dry
3) 1-2 light coats of Angelus flat black paint, let dry between coats
4) 1-2 light coats of Angelus matte finisher , let dry between coats

Any steps missing or other tips? Know it won’t be perfect, but wanna do it right

How’d you wash em in the machine? Pillow case and a delicate cycle?
Yep, pillow case, delicate cycle, cold water, just a small amount of detergent. Then air dry

The midsoles on the 2012 black pair looked a little flaked up before I put them in. The 2017 white pair are totally fine

Batch 15 was sent out.

Here are the two Flyknit projects:

Flyknit Chukka X Pegasus Trail 2 - Sedona
Flyknit Chukka X Pegasus Trail 2 - Crimson.jpg

Flyknit Lunar 2iD X Mountain Fly 1 - MultiColor
Flyknit Lunar 2iD X Mountain Fly - MultiColor.jpg

After Batch 16 (mostly AM1 projects), I'll be back to sending more Flyknit projects out, which will mostly be MF/Trail based.

Back
Top Bottom