OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

There goes my chances at the Nerfs. As for the Xmas cw, my guess is a Reindeer for Xmas related. My other guess was maybe Madden? There was some sample Madden Trainers in that cw. KD does like playing video games, and EA Sports has that Madden Xmas commercial I see everyday.

There goes my chances at the Nerfs. As for the Xmas cw, my guess is a Reindeer for Xmas related. My other guess was maybe Madden? There was some sample Madden Trainers in that cw. KD does like playing video games, and EA Sports has that Madden Xmas commercial I see everyday.

i'm pretty sure they just put the coppers as the xmas pair because they didn't have an xmas pair actually made in production. thunder weren't even originally supposed to play on xmas, leading me to believe nike never produced an actual xmas pair for him, so they substituted the coppers as an xmas pair because they were already made.

i'm pretty sure they just put the coppers as the xmas pair because they didn't have an xmas pair actually made in production. thunder weren't even originally supposed to play on xmas, leading me to believe nike never produced an actual xmas pair for him, so they substituted the coppers as an xmas pair because they were already made.

Originally Posted by jst628

I agree with you if the coppers really are THE X-Mas colorway... Maybe Nike had a back-up plan just incase. In any event, I hope the coppers aren't the X-Mas colorway and they do something more in line with the 2's and 3's with the more "out there" colorways

Originally Posted by jst628

I agree with you if the coppers really are THE X-Mas colorway... Maybe Nike had a back-up plan just incase. In any event, I hope the coppers aren't the X-Mas colorway and they do something more in line with the 2's and 3's with the more "out there" colorways

This is interesting.. when I called my HoH like a week or a week and a half ago, they said they already got em. But now they said they're not getting them? So did they ship em back out? FL is real shady to me so that doesn't seem like something they'd do voluntarily.

This is interesting.. when I called my HoH like a week or a week and a half ago, they said they already got em. But now they said they're not getting them? So did they ship em back out? FL is real shady to me so that doesn't seem like something they'd do voluntarily.

3 Chicago locations.

I guess I'll go with wherever ends up being the easiest to cop.

3 Chicago locations.

I guess I'll go with wherever ends up being the easiest to cop.

No weatherman's for me. Oh well guess I'll wait for the gr's then. Will the iD's be more than $135 since the gr retail is up?

No weatherman's for me. Oh well guess I'll wait for the gr's then. Will the iD's be more than $135 since the gr retail is up?

Gonna go on record as saying that unless you have it locked down already, or plan to start camping sometime Thursday of this week, its a wrap on the NERFs.  Unfortunate, but that is how this "game"
tired.gif
is evolving.  Here and there I will continue to pick things up, but when you have to be either jobless or without much of a life to cop sneaks you like, its probably a wrap in general.  I have enough stuff I like from year's past and can still manage to pick up a few things here and there when lucky that I don't need to continually try and jump through hoops just to say I have one of 400 pairs of something.  Weathermans and Nerfs could have released in #s similar to or even slightly less than Lebron Cannons or MN, and everyone who wanted them would have been happy and they wouldn't have been "eveywhere".  Now, between stuff like this, the trainer 1.3 college packs, and upcoming Concord 11s, Nike will most likely continue to hack off a lot of us who have been around for awhile and fairly loyal for no good reason- and further give reason for people to hang out for days, cop their pairs and throw 'em on Fleabay for ridonkulous prices. END RANT 
wink.gif

Slightly off topic, but for those who have been on thread for awhile and interested, PM if interested in doing a Fant. BB league on yahoo or sportsline for small stakes.

Gonna go on record as saying that unless you have it locked down already, or plan to start camping sometime Thursday of this week, its a wrap on the NERFs.  Unfortunate, but that is how this "game"
tired.gif
is evolving.  Here and there I will continue to pick things up, but when you have to be either jobless or without much of a life to cop sneaks you like, its probably a wrap in general.  I have enough stuff I like from year's past and can still manage to pick up a few things here and there when lucky that I don't need to continually try and jump through hoops just to say I have one of 400 pairs of something.  Weathermans and Nerfs could have released in #s similar to or even slightly less than Lebron Cannons or MN, and everyone who wanted them would have been happy and they wouldn't have been "eveywhere".  Now, between stuff like this, the trainer 1.3 college packs, and upcoming Concord 11s, Nike will most likely continue to hack off a lot of us who have been around for awhile and fairly loyal for no good reason- and further give reason for people to hang out for days, cop their pairs and throw 'em on Fleabay for ridonkulous prices. END RANT 
wink.gif

Slightly off topic, but for those who have been on thread for awhile and interested, PM if interested in doing a Fant. BB league on yahoo or sportsline for small stakes.

What I don't get is why the sudden move to limited release for KDs? Wasn't he all about making sure shoes were available for kids to purchase.

What I don't get is why the sudden move to limited release for KDs? Wasn't he all about making sure shoes were available for kids to purchase.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

I think the latter is true, but he never said anything about every CW or model being "available" for every kid/adult to purchase.  I think that the price point obviously makes them more affordable to everyone.  Just like any other marquee/signature athlete, eventually they realize as they get more popular that "product placement" and getting the product in the "right" hands only helps create better exposure and interest in your stuff.  See Kobe 4,5,6 vs, 1,2,3, or even Lebrons after the 5.  Prior to, more dedicated sneaker "heads or basketball players would have been tuned into those shoes, but as their exposure and popularity increased, you start seeing celebs, other athletes, actors, musicians, etc... wearing the stuff. 

Well, as pointed out awhile back, once the rappers got wind of some of the "hotter" KD colorways, sneakerblogs started posting pics and every casual sneakerhead is tuned into these releases.  It really was inevitable whether it be Wale, jayZ, Chris Brown, Ludacris,  i n s e r t  n a me, etc....The KD line is a definite sleeper.  Colorways have been great since day 1, and now everyone is catching up.  I don't think the large strap and the crazy colors hurt the process either.  Without the strap last year, I l believe these "flew under the radar" a little bit.

Just my .02.  I am not MAD at anyone or anything.  Quite honestly, am happy to have the few CWs of the 2 and 3 that I do before everyone else and their brother caught on.  Feel much the same about the Kobe CD and POP 4s.  KD2s, and 3s will only become more "classic" thanks to this uptick from the 4s.

Back
Top Bottom