OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom Kobe III Post. MVP SHOE DONE..USA MAYBE?

Mister Jack Johnson wrote:
I see many influences. Goodyear tires, a Spaghetti strainer, Air Darwin's, and a pair of Totes.

Not a good look.
roll.gif

I agree with you, though.

These things are hideous.

laugh.gif

I just laugh every time I see them.

laugh.gif

THE SHOE NEEDS A FOOT INSIDE IT TO MAKE IT LOOK APPEALING. those pics do the shoe wrong. of course its not going to look like that on your foot.
You're talking like putting this thing on will turn them into Jordan III's on the outside. It's not going to change anything but theprofile and shape, the overall design won't change at all.

Originally Posted by never wear them

the majority of people in this forum or should i say niketalk, look for looks over performance... kids these days are too damn fat. pick up a ball and some shoes that will hold your fat body.
.... ok back to the shoe.... THE SHOE NEEDS A FOOT INSIDE IT TO MAKE IT LOOK APPEALING. those pics do the shoe wrong. of course its not going to look like that on your foot. loving the swooshes. and loving that split on the heel
6"4, 250 here, 33 1/2 waist.

My feet are to pretty for something like that. I fear my dawgs may get angry then grow a bunion, if I even walk near those things..

A shoe like this has not been seen from Nike in awhile. For the past 5-6 years reactions from Nike basketball have been lukewarm at best, but this shoe reallygives people a reaction. This is really a love/hate shoe, no in between, just like the man endorsing them. This shoe reminds me of the orginal BB4 andFoamposite. I want to like the shoe because Kobe is my favorite athlete, but its not really a good looking shoe, but it looks futuristic, but the shape isreally weird, but it looks like it will be a great shoe. This shoe has me confused. I want to see more colors though.

Originally Posted by reggie2k8

A shoe like this has not been seen from Nike in awhile. For the past 5-6 years reactions from Nike basketball have been lukewarm at best, but this shoe really gives people a reaction. This is really a love/hate shoe, no in between, just like the man endorsing them. This shoe reminds me of the orginal BB4 and Foamposite. I want to like the shoe because Kobe is my favorite athlete, but its not really a good looking shoe, but it looks futuristic, but the shape is really weird, but it looks like it will be a great shoe. This shoe has me confused. I want to see more colors though.

Yeah me and My friend where talking about this earlier this shoe reminds me when penny foams came and people were hating on that shoe so bad and it went onsale I cop like threee pairs. No one liked them in my basketball team and people made fun of the shoes on my feet all the time, you know what I never reallygave a damn it's what I liked and thats what we are going to get outta this shoe thats why it's the most contreversial shoe of next year.
pimp.gif
cant wait to see packaging and commercial!
devil.gif

You're talking like putting this thing on will turn them into Jordan III's on the outside. It's not going to change anything but the profile and shape, the overall design won't change at all.

See, I love the design but not the shape. The shoes will look worlds better to me with a foot in there to make the form look proper.

For some reason, the huge Nike sign on the heel reminds me of the Air Zoom Flight 98 or the "Glove"

Wow...the new pics of the black colorway have really sold me on these... some details have come out that I didn't see before, and I really do like theshape. they look like a ZK should look like (if that makes sense). Remember when the very first 2k4 sample pics surfaced?? that's what I'm feelin withthese... Good things.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

You're talking like putting this thing on will turn them into Jordan III's on the outside. It's not going to change anything but the profile and shape, the overall design won't change at all.

See, I love the design but not the shape. The shoes will look worlds better to me with a foot in there to make the form look proper.

^^^
exactly. my point was made.

wrong forum bro. get that jordan shoe stuff out of here... no one said that this shoe is supposed to look like the 3's?
eyes.gif

This thread is an adherent post. the fist sample looked 3x's better than the final production. i really need color on my shoes. that grey strip was hot.

4p2dhrk.jpg

There's a pic of them with a foot in them on the first page, it doesn't look that different.

Of course no one said they should look like 3's, I'm the first person to bring that up...What's your point? If anything I'm glad they look theway they do, because no other shoe really looks like that. Nike SHOULD be pushing the envelope in terms of design. But to me, it's in a worse way withthese than compared to something like the Foams, Ultraflights, 2K3's, etc.

I only used 3's as an example because most people like how they look. They're a good looking shoe. So I used a good-looking shoe (worn or not) tocompare to a shoe that you think will look really different when it's worn. For most people, they're ugly. They'll be ugly in the box, they'llbe ugly on their feet, they'll be ugly when Kobe wears them, they'll be ugly on Halle Berry, etc.

But again, even if I don't like them and won't get them, I think it's a great design, because it's something that we haven't seen before.Great for people who like the shoe, but I think we can all agree you'll be the minority, which is fine.

I think we'll see these in films though, seriously...Spider-Man 4 endoresed
smile.gif

And I'll still get them. Gotten all Kobe shoes, and even though these don't look appealing to me at all...eh, what can I say...I endorse 24.

ALCS

A few thoughts/questions on the shoe:

1. Everyone here seems to think/say that Nike Basketball isn't releasing things that 'push the envelope' of performance and design. When Nike doesrelease a shoe that looks drastically different than their other releases, it's deemed disgusting by everyone here. Most of you got what you asked for.

2. How do most of you know that these are 'probably really great on-court' or will have sick 'performance'? Are these just educatedassumptions? Personally, I'm a bit worried about this shoe. The wicker-basket themed upper looks like it could be very brace-like and restrictive. Thetraction grooves look very shallow, while the whole pattern looks random in general.

3. Why is it that every Kobe release has such a bulbous toebox?

To me all these pics look ugly because the shape and profile are off. IMO they look a lot better with a foot in them. However this doesn't change thewaffle look, if that's what's making you dislike the shoe.

Are these just educated assumptions?
grin.gif
ummm.... more of like a positive conjecture...
happy.gif
. we all know that when it comes to the kobe line, his shoes are endowed withperformance. of course this is a sneaker forum which comes with its criticism. but this line of shoes is renowned on performance. not much on the looks

DeezyVSOP wrote:
never wear them wrote:
wrong forum bro. get that jordan shoe stuff out of here... no one said that this shoe is supposed to look like the 3's?
eyes.gif

Yeah, you just completely missed DeezyVSOP's point.

The Air Jordan III is a beautiful shoe. People love the way it looks. Period.

So the Air Jordan III is a very respectable shoe.

K?

He's saying that you're acting like seeing different pictures of this shoe or seeing it on someone's foot will all of a sudden change the minds ofthe people that don't like it. He's saying that you're acting like a different picture of the shoe will make it a nice looking shoe. Theawesomeness that people feel for the AJIII is not going to happen just because of a different angle of this piece of crap shoe.

I don't know how yougot that he was comparing anything to the Air Jordan III, because his point was pretty obvious and hard to misunderstand.

Don't know which of the two, both are samples. From the pic of Kobe he's wearing an all black version but that could also be the lighting effect theygave in that picture.

I UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE STATED I JUST DIDNT GO BACK TO EDIT THAT, ANYWAYS, BUT I DO SEE YOUR POINT DEEZYSOP. I JUST DIDNT EDIT MY COMMENT.
back to the topic in hand, does anyone know if its double stacked zoom? rumor has it that it is.

Back
Top Bottom