OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Nike is in for a surprise if they hike the price up... you may not realize this yet but buying multiple pairs will take a toll
if they hike up $20... Wouldn't they prefer to sell MORE pairs at a lower cost or RISK losing potential buyers because of
a few bucks.

One of the selling points of the kobe line IS THE PRICEPOINT. Remove that... potentially ward off buyers than attract them.

Originally Posted by jkballer5

I can deal with maybe a $5-10 price hike but not anything more...listen to us Nike, keep it at $130 and you will still make plenty of money and we will all stay happy.

theyll make plenty of money regardless. why stop a price hike? shoes will still sell, just add lmtd on the shoe box and people will eat it up.

The problem with th logic though is that though they may lose some I'd the nters and general public they'll still have a big consumer group willing to shell out the money for them, I mean look at how much they've hiked the prices of lebrons and yeahthey may not sell as well as kobes r some other shoes, they're doing pretty well still. Hen their target market sees the endorsers wearing shoes or any type of apparel they'll ne more convinced to buy the product

The problem with th logic though is that though they may lose some I'd the nters and general public they'll still have a big consumer group willing to shell out the money for them, I mean look at how much they've hiked the prices of lebrons and yeahthey may not sell as well as kobes r some other shoes, they're doing pretty well still. Hen their target market sees the endorsers wearing shoes or any type of apparel they'll ne more convinced to buy the product

Originally Posted by thapointguy

when you buy multiple pairs like some of us, it adds up, so it is a big deal. If we let Nike get away with it, the following year is gonna be more.
You're right, but there are also several ways to get around paying retail. 
wink.gif

when you buy multiple pairs like some of us, it adds up, so it is a big deal. If we let Nike get away with it, the following year is gonna be more.
You're right, but there are also several ways to get around paying retail. 
wink.gif

Fo' sho. Below retail ftw! There will be at least 4/5 pairs that will be limited or qs doesn't apply so it can add up still.

Fo' sho. Below retail ftw! There will be at least 4/5 pairs that will be limited or qs doesn't apply so it can add up still.

if the price gets hiked up, i might find myself buying only a few pairs instead of going crazy on them like i did with the 5 and 6. no more foams for me as well with the price jacked up to 225.

if the price gets hiked up, i might find myself buying only a few pairs instead of going crazy on them like i did with the 5 and 6. no more foams for me as well with the price jacked up to 225.

Originally Posted by kobejames21

Originally Posted by maronandlando

Here are the rest of the pics I was given to feed into this thread.

You can see the removable inner bootie/ankle strap/brace.
it looks like they are using a new technology???

i dont see any flywire thread
look deeper....
behind the F in the picture is the flywire....
besides, i always thought the term "flywire" had to do with the material more than the actual thread. the thread in my kobe v's came out on the outside front part of the shoe. i just pulled it off lol

Originally Posted by kobejames21

Originally Posted by maronandlando

Here are the rest of the pics I was given to feed into this thread.

You can see the removable inner bootie/ankle strap/brace.
it looks like they are using a new technology???

i dont see any flywire thread
look deeper....
behind the F in the picture is the flywire....
besides, i always thought the term "flywire" had to do with the material more than the actual thread. the thread in my kobe v's came out on the outside front part of the shoe. i just pulled it off lol

I think our man above nailed it: part of the sucess of the Kobe line has been the pricepoint which has enabled us to go in on the last couple of models

Any more than $140 and suddenly the guys that are buying twos and threes are buying ones and done..........

I think our man above nailed it: part of the sucess of the Kobe line has been the pricepoint which has enabled us to go in on the last couple of models

Any more than $140 and suddenly the guys that are buying twos and threes are buying ones and done..........

al3x89:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-counterkicks.com-9.jpg

i like what they did here... 
pimp.gif
 i'm loving these already!!

Yeah, I don't see it. I'm trying to force myself to see a Mamba or a Kobe or a 24, because I know it's all gotta be in there somewhere... but I don't see any of it.
laugh.gif
... ...
ohwell.gif

al3x89:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-counterkicks.com-9.jpg

i like what they did here... 
pimp.gif
 i'm loving these already!!

Yeah, I don't see it. I'm trying to force myself to see a Mamba or a Kobe or a 24, because I know it's all gotta be in there somewhere... but I don't see any of it.
laugh.gif
... ...
ohwell.gif

These and the VIs already appear to have a one piece seamless upper. I wonder why they never went the route of hiding the lace loops inside of the shoe like the '04 zoom trainer, hyperflight, payton 2, ultraflight:
pic005.jpg
air-zoom-ultraflight.jpg
nike-hyperflight-page.jpg

Even your first lebron shoe had them hidden for the majority of the shoe, with a metallic piece for two exposed loops. The second one was hidden somewhat, with the loops going up the top ridge of the shoeline.

Is it the flywire threads that are tied in with the current lace hole placement?

Maybe thats something for the Kobe VIIIs to look forward to?

If you're already going somewhat seamless and a one piece sleek look, they might as well go all the way with hiding the lace holes.

These and the VIs already appear to have a one piece seamless upper. I wonder why they never went the route of hiding the lace loops inside of the shoe like the '04 zoom trainer, hyperflight, payton 2, ultraflight:
pic005.jpg
air-zoom-ultraflight.jpg
nike-hyperflight-page.jpg

Even your first lebron shoe had them hidden for the majority of the shoe, with a metallic piece for two exposed loops. The second one was hidden somewhat, with the loops going up the top ridge of the shoeline.

Is it the flywire threads that are tied in with the current lace hole placement?

Maybe thats something for the Kobe VIIIs to look forward to?

If you're already going somewhat seamless and a one piece sleek look, they might as well go all the way with hiding the lace holes.

If the laces were hidden, the damn shoe 'll look all choked up. And "wrinkly" looking and having the upper flare out, since it's flywire, not thick mesh or leather.
The lace system works fine with the flywire upper. Every lace hole is evenly separated.

And I'm pretty sure Eric thought of that due to, He being the designer of one of those shoes you posted.

Back
Top Bottom