OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Notice the pattern on the shoe is the same "diamond"-like pattern on the bootie...just shown in a different way....

Notice the pattern on the shoe is the same "diamond"-like pattern on the bootie...just shown in a different way....

I can definietly see them using that diamond pattern to create some subtle color differences for some of the other colorways.

Are the ankle straps washable? I swear my normal removable black ankle straps would start to smell within 4 bball sessions. Unless of course, you wear removable ankle straps UNDER these straps, and the smell is contained in your other straps. Im sure they thought this thru.

Also, with almost every new kobe, they go for a seamless upper, yet fail to hide the lace loops, like say a ultraflight, hyperflight, or zoom flight 2k3.. Anyone have a concious reason or idea why?

I can definietly see them using that diamond pattern to create some subtle color differences for some of the other colorways.

Are the ankle straps washable? I swear my normal removable black ankle straps would start to smell within 4 bball sessions. Unless of course, you wear removable ankle straps UNDER these straps, and the smell is contained in your other straps. Im sure they thought this thru.

Also, with almost every new kobe, they go for a seamless upper, yet fail to hide the lace loops, like say a ultraflight, hyperflight, or zoom flight 2k3.. Anyone have a concious reason or idea why?

I noticed these also have one less lace hole, like the VI's, as compared to the V's. But obviously with the removable insoles and zoom setup, not sure if it matters.

I'm a fan of the shoe, but I'm not a big fan of these two colorways. I don't like the "Dry" effect that these have, esepcially that black/grey colorway. I liked how the V's and VI's had that shiny "Wet" effect and I'm hoping to see a few pairs like that with the VII's. But I understand with the new materials it's more performance based than ever before.

These are going to be crazy on the court if the NBA ever returns. Can't wait to see Kobe and some other NBA players rock the VII's like they've been doing with the last few models. Imagine a Dark Knight or Ace colorway with these? Wow!

I'm hoping for some new colorways, but the traditional ones are always welcome in my opinion.

I noticed these also have one less lace hole, like the VI's, as compared to the V's. But obviously with the removable insoles and zoom setup, not sure if it matters.

I'm a fan of the shoe, but I'm not a big fan of these two colorways. I don't like the "Dry" effect that these have, esepcially that black/grey colorway. I liked how the V's and VI's had that shiny "Wet" effect and I'm hoping to see a few pairs like that with the VII's. But I understand with the new materials it's more performance based than ever before.

These are going to be crazy on the court if the NBA ever returns. Can't wait to see Kobe and some other NBA players rock the VII's like they've been doing with the last few models. Imagine a Dark Knight or Ace colorway with these? Wow!

I'm hoping for some new colorways, but the traditional ones are always welcome in my opinion.

I feel like this shoe is going to take colorblocking to a whole nother level. The layer underneath and the plastic "lines" pattern being two different colors =
pimp.gif

I feel like this shoe is going to take colorblocking to a whole nother level. The layer underneath and the plastic "lines" pattern being two different colors =
pimp.gif

I really like these a lot so far from the pics. Being picky here, but I'm not a fan of the color blocking on the del sols. For some reason the silver ankle counter/painted midsole doesn't go with the white/black/yellow very well IMO and looks kinda cheap. I would have preferred it to be darker grey or black. Also the synthetic tumbled leather always looks really cheap and bothers me, but again that's being picky.

I think the ankle counter would look better like this:

Bje5Y.jpg

Got bored, here are some other PS's I did for fun.

YKvIQ.jpg

DaBwD.jpg

tkPxo.jpg

3XMYE.jpg

auOZT.jpg

3hPOQ.jpg

IoOML.jpg

NmhHD.jpg

fJTPb.jpg

XLPSf.jpg

I really like these a lot so far from the pics. Being picky here, but I'm not a fan of the color blocking on the del sols. For some reason the silver ankle counter/painted midsole doesn't go with the white/black/yellow very well IMO and looks kinda cheap. I would have preferred it to be darker grey or black. Also the synthetic tumbled leather always looks really cheap and bothers me, but again that's being picky.

I think the ankle counter would look better like this:

Bje5Y.jpg

Got bored, here are some other PS's I did for fun.

YKvIQ.jpg

DaBwD.jpg

tkPxo.jpg

3XMYE.jpg

auOZT.jpg

3hPOQ.jpg

IoOML.jpg

NmhHD.jpg

fJTPb.jpg

XLPSf.jpg

So I figured out what I don't like about the VIIs.. Starting with the IVs, you had that nice clean look around the ankles.. Then Vs, it kind of disappeared into being all upper.. Same with VIs.. Did Kobe have ankle issues during the season? These look way more reinforced than any other Kobe in the past 4 years.

A proposed PS of a seamless upper and extended swoosh,
b0e15e4b7e411536d412c50cced64ea0b6b5912_r.jpg

Does it look too similar to the previous models?

If you're going seamless, go all out or not at all. The other models look like advancements or future models compared to the VIIs...

We're going backwards

Edit:
Messing around a little more, I realize the grey needs to go asap, and decided to raise up the midsole piece, and lining up the now black plastic piece in the heel for better lines.
97115146794c11311dacc65ecde0b6b4350db88_r.jpg

Then I realize it's basically the prototype black out VII we saw months ago
laugh.gif

If these are $140 and $180, the prototypes would have likely been $160 and $200.. Just way more streamlined and advanced compared to what we're getting imho.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Avar mentioned that it will not be an option. lockdown is better with the current lacing system. Everything is kept wrapped on your foot.
I hope that makes sense. imagine a concealed lacing system, the upper isn't that stable and the "one with your foot" concept is thrown
out the window.

hope this answers your question.

I don't even see how they're going backwards
laugh.gif

If this model was the zk6 and you gave us the zk6 model as the 7... Then we'll be going backwards.

Lol c'mon now..

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

^they did...it's the regular $140 version
This...don't get how people keep missing that. Supremes are more for the true ballplayers. If you're just down for casual wear, I'm sure they'll have plenty of colorways coming out for the regular version to keep everyone happy.
True but with a tounge that's connected to the insole. I want a tounge thats connected to the shoe not the insole. 

I'm liking the VII's so far. No real complaints from me. But it's looking like they'll be taking the backseat this year.

Lebron IX > KD IV > Kobe VII

^Maybe appeal wise (until those poison frogs) they aren't the best (still better than any lebron with hyperfuse) but performance wise, they are at the top, bar none.

Back
Top Bottom