***Official Niketalk NBA Predictions***

Taking a cue from Dan Shanoff's blog, I would like to introduce the Niketalk NBA Predictions.

(1) MVP
(2) Coach of the Year
(3) Team on the Rise
(4) Team on the Decline
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award")
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best")
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)
(10) NBA Champs

Please use the number/category to help everyone else understand your comments. And a little reasoning/"why" never hurts. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My predictions:
(1) MVP: LeBron James (Cleveland) - The kid has gotten better each season of his career. Some may forget that the statistics (points, rebounds, assists) he puts up as averages are shared in company with only Bird, Jordan, West and Big O. He certainly has some aspects of his game that he needs to improve (free throw shooting, weak-side D, 3 pt. %) but he seems to be a workhorse that only strives to improve.

(2) Coach of the Year: Mike D'Antoni (Phoenix) - 54 wins last year with Stat not playing the whole season. Even if he isn't 100%, the team is going to see a great deal of improvement (perhaps shades of the 62 win season from the year before where D'Antoni won coach of the year that year?) They have the two-time defending MVP running the show and a solid supporting cast. Look for D'Antoni to reclaim the title.

(3) Team on the Rise: Orlando Magic - Realize this, the Magic won 36 games last year and came within 4 games of the playoffs. Fast forward to the current stage and there is a team with a young Dwight Howard and Darko along with key young role players such as Jameer Nelson, Arroyo, Redick, et. al. This will be an exciting team to watch and I see them definitely claiming a playoff spot.

(4) Team on the Decline: Detroit Pistonsers on the team and a bevy of decent bench players, but to take away the force from below the basket and call this team the same team, it just isn't true.

(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award".): Darko Milicic (Orlando Magic)er getting the minutes he needs to boost his confidence and his game.

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best".): Brandon Roy (Portland Trail Blazers)ing time from the get go. Will he turn the Blazers image problem around? Will he change the team from a league doormat into a true contender (probably not in year 1, but you have to believe there is no way but up for this franchise).

(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January: Without trying to follow-along in a common theme, after the new year it will be time to determine where Isiah Thomas stands. Dolan said he would give Thomas till the end of the season; if there is not a dramatic improvement (and it's hard not to improve from the cellar) I see Thomas getting canned and replaced by Lenny Wilkens.

1. Phoenix Suns (60 wins)
2. Dallas Mavericks (58.)
3. Denver Nuggets (52)
4. San Antonio Spurs (55)
5. L.A. Clippers (50)
6. Houston Rockets (47)
7. L.A. Lakers (44)
8. N.O./Oklahoma City Hornets (43)
Western Conference Finals: Suns over Mavericks

1. Cleveland Cavaliers (59 wins)
2. Miami Heat (54)
3. New Jersey Nets (51)
4. Washington Wizards (48.)
5. Detroit Pistons (46)
6. Chicago Bulls (44)
7. Milwaukee Bucks (43)
8. Orlando Magic (42)
Eastern Conference Finals: Cavaliers over Heat

(10) NBA Champs - Suns over Cavaliers in 6
Team Cavaliers​
LBJ 23​

1. MVP: Kobe- I admit, I am biased about this pick since i'm a Laker fan, but I believe Kobe will have an unbelievable all-around season. unlike last season where he focused mainly on scoring, I think with the whole new number change thing, he'll play more determined with a more different game than what he usually does. I expect him to raise his stats in every category and improve his defense dramatically.

2. COY: Byron Scott- Just for some reason, I have a feeling he'll turn the Hornets around into a playoff contender with Chris Paul leading the way for them.

3. Team on the Rise: Rockets- Their starting line-up is stacked with great players in Tmac, Yao, Bonzi, and Battier so it's easy to assume that they'll do great this year.

4. Team on the Decline: Pistons- Seriously, with the loss of Ben Wallace I believe the Pistons will start to decline

5. Breakout Player: Kwame Brown- Another biased pick from me, but he has improved dramatically from last season. He did well in the playoffs and with Kobe and Phil to yell at his @#%$, he'll be better...hopefully

6. Rookie to Watch: Adam Morrison- It's gonna be exciting to see Morrison play. With the Bobcats being a terrible team, he'll be taking most of the shots and scoring the majority of the points. Let's just hope he doesn't cry when they lose opening night.

I'll do the seeding predictions later...

1) MVP - Lebron James. Dude is a beast. I think the fact that lakers won't get better than a 7th/8th seed will hurt Kobe. Wade having Shaq will hurt him. Tmac & Yao will cancel each other out. Dirk can also win thoughl.

2) Coach of the Yr - Jeff Van Gundy. I don't like the dude and how can you not improve from 34-48 w/ that lineup of tmac, yao, battier, and bonzi. I expect a 55 win season or around there so he should win it.

3) Team on the Rise - Houston Rockets. If yao remains as dominant as he is, and tmac is as healthy as he seems, this is a WCF caliber team. If bonzi does his job, I can see them winning the whole thing.

4) Team on the decline - Detroit Pistons. They'll still be a good regular season team, but their dominance will end this yr. They might not even make it out of the first round even.

5) Breakout Player - Dwight Howard. This might be weird b/c he's already a star. but he will become a superstar this season and making the step towards becoming a top 3 PF.

6) Rookie to Watch - Rondo. He has suprised me. The Celtics might be decent this yr w/ their youth movement. Foye is another good choice. Roy is in Portland so idk, they're the new Clippers.

7) Storyline - the return of TMAC as a top 3 player after being given up basically to a 2nd tier star this past yr. he'll really challenge for the best player crown this yr w/ 28, 6, 6 on a winning team.

West
1) San Antonio Spurs (62 wins)
2) Phoenix Suns (60 wins)
3) Dallas Mavs (59 wins)
4) Houston Rockets (55 wins)
5) LA Clippers (51 wins)
6) New Orleans (48 wins)
7) Denver Nuggets (47 wins)
8)
glasses.gif
LA Lakers (45 wins)

East
1) Miami Heat (57 wins)
2) Detroit Pistons (54 wins--still a good reg. season team)
3) NJ Nets (53 wins)
4) Cleveland Cavs (52 wins)
5) Chicago Bulls (51 wins)
6) Washington Wiz (48 wins)
7) Orlando Magic (46 wins)
8)
glasses.gif
Milwaukee Bucks (44 wins)

Finals
Houston beats Miami in 6.
TMAC as Finals MVP w/ 33, 7, 6. tmac's playoff stats 32, 7, 7. :pimp:
pimp.gif

TMAC finally gets his due and props.

(1) MVP - Kobe Bryant - seriously, the dude will get his due
(2) Coach of the Year - Byron Scott - he's gonna form the Hornets into a force...
(3) Team on the Rise - I would say Houston, but they already are supposed to be near the top, but injuries caused them to have a bad season. My choice for Team on the Rise is Toronto...with a good preseason and seeing their Training camps, they are good to win it.
(4) Team on the Decline - As a HUUUUGGGGEEEE Laker fan, I'm gonna put them on the decline. Everytime i see teams that are injured, something BAD happens throughout the season....sorry Purple and Gold....=(
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award") - I believe David West should've won it last year, but I'm going with Darko Milic...the dude already had the talent, but Larry Brown/Flip Saunders never used him...not Darko's fault...now success will be his greatest revenge and he's gonna have a breakout year.
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best") - I'm biased with Brandon Funston, so i'm going with brandon Roy....i keep hearing good things about him...
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - Isaih Thomas...BOOORRRRINNNNGGGG
(10) NBA Champs - houston rockets? everytime i see that roster, i think championship....this is too premature.

(1) MVP: LBJ

(2) Coach of the Year: Hm... Greg popovich

(3) Team on the Rise: Magic

(4) Team on the Decline: Sixers

(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award"): Josh Howard

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best"): Shannon Brown

(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January:

Spurs over Suns

Cavs over Heat

(10) NBA Champs
Spurs in 5
i got Air Shake Ndestrukt and Air Raid ii and Kobe Huarache 2k4 for sale! click here

(1) MVP - Lebron James
(2) Coach of the Year - Don Nelson
(3) Team on the Rise - Orlando Magic
(4) Team on the Decline - Indian Pacers
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award") - Marvin Williams
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best") - Adam Morrison
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - Garnett Trade Rumors
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) - Spurs over Phoenix
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) - Miami over Chicago
(10) NBA Champs Spurs

1.MVP-Lebron
2.Coach of the Year-Don Nelson
3.Team on the Rise-Golden State
4.Team on the Decline-The Phoenix Sun
5.Breakout Plater-Devin Harris
6.-Rookie to Watch-Jordan Farmar
7.Stotyline-Why Phoenix isn't as good as advertised.
8.West Finals-Mavs over Clips
9.East Finals-Cavs over Miami
10.NBA Champs-Dallas Mavericks

:DALLAS MAVERICKS:
>TLN PRODUCTIONS<
It's a wrap for the league.

1. mvp - kobe
2. coach - avery
3. team on the rise - toronto, atl.
4. team on the decline - heat
5. breakout player - fabricio oberto :lol:
laugh.gif
deron williams
Scoring the ball is pretty much like breathing to me - Kobe​

(1) MVP- Dirk

(2) Coach of the Year-Avery

(3) Team on the Rise-Bucks

(4) Team on the Decline-Pistons

(5) Breakout Player- Josh Howard

(6) Rookie to Watch ........

(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January- Kobe > MJ.....Kobe GOAT....Kobe Kobe Kobe SMH, seems to be in every ball topic.

(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)-Suns

(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)-Heat

(10) NBA Champs- Suns aslong as Amare stays fit

(1) MVP
Probably LeBronze James, he'll be in the running with the likes of Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki but they hype will tip him over the edge.

(2) Coach of the Year
Gregg Popovich
(3) Teams on the Rise
I made this a pleural since I can't think of one stand out team on the rise, here is a short list;
- Washington Wizards
- Orlando Magic
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Los Angeles Clippers

(4) Team on the Decline
Maybe not this year but definatly on the verge of decline;
- Miami Heat (Aging players)
- Detroit Pistons (Loosing their identity of a defensive power house)
- Phoenix Suns (Strike 1 - If Amare isn't 100%) (Strike 2 - If Steve Nash slows down due to back injury) If these two points don't come to reality then ignore this.

(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award&quot :wink:
wink.gif

- Shawn Livingston

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best&quot :wink:
wink.gif

- Rudy Gay

(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January
- The return of T-Mac

( 8)
glasses.gif
"Did he just posterize Mr. Howard?" - Stu Lantz; Lamar on Dwight​

Funny how there weren't any warriors references in this.....not even making the playoffs.

look at their preseason record right now. I don't know about you guys but I think it can directly affect their season positively.

mvp - lebron
coy - don nelson
breakout player - deron williams or mo pete
teams on the rise - warriors, magic, hawks - don't count them out. hornets
teams on the decline - pistons. no ben wallace = a great deficiet in defense. bucks. i just don't see them winning a lot. it's probably just me or it doesn't help me open my eyes that much to see that they have a set player on each position or something
story - isiah's possible last year to be associated with the nba.
Never had a playoff spot since 93-94
Never had a winning record since 93-94
KG to GS!
Golden State Warriors 34-48
San Jose State University

East
1 Miami
2 Chicago
3 New Jersey
4 Cleveland
5 Detroit
6 Indiana
7 Orlando
8 Washington

West
1 Phoenix
2 San Antonio
3 Dallas
4 LA Clippers
5 Houston
6 Utah
7 LA Lakers
8 New Orleans

Championship
New Jersey over San Antonio in 6

GOPHERS TIMBERWOLVES TWINS VIKINGS

(1) MVP - Gilbert Arenas
(2) Coach of the Year - Scott Skiles
(3) Team on the Rise - Orlando Magic
(4) Team on the Decline - San Antonio Spurs
(5) Breakout Player - Marvin Williams
(6) Rookie to Watch - Tyrus Thomas
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - Ben Wallace still has it
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs - Mavs over Clippers
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs - Bulls over Wizards
(10) NBA Champs - Bulls over Mavs
The Champs is a homer pick but oh well. Thats what I think will happen

Team Wolverines

SUPER MARIO #86​

I predict that Lebron WON'T win the MVP

Team DMV​

Coming soon...804 Stand UP! We rep VA to the fullest nah mean?!?
O.G. Member #1​

(1) MVP-Eh, I'm saying Kobe. It was him or LeBron for me. I think Kobe is on some sort of mission again this season to prove he can be the leader everyone knows he can be while getting his team involved.
(2) Coach of the Year-hmm...this is tough for me. I'm saying Pat Riley or Byron Scott.
(3) Team on the Rise-Definetly Orlando. I like their young squad they have right now. Seems like they will get along together and get some unexpected wins throughout the season. If not them, Charlotte.
(4) Team on the Decline-I'm gonna stay away from Detroit like everyone else and say...Indiana. I don't see them improving from anything they "had" last year...
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award")-I'm saying Chris Paul. I know everyone recognizes him as being a great PG already, but I think this kid is gonna blow up this year and hopefully be an all star. I expect Fred Jones and Darko to have pretty solid seasons too.
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best")-Adam Morrison. Hes in the perfect situation to do what he did in college and thats score. The bobcats definetly needed a serious offensive threat and he comes in right away with the opportunity to take that upon himself and win ROY if he wants it bad enough...I need to see a lot of determination from him though. Lets see if he has the mental ability to withstand the season and be consisten.t
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January-If Dirk deserves the MVP just as much as anyone else does. Dirks not underrated, but he goes under the radar a lot. People know Dirk is a BEAST, but I think a lot of people are going to push for him being the MVP this year even more than last.
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)-Eh, i'mma skip the 1-8 and say the WCF will be San Antonio VS Dallas with Dallas taking it.
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)-Miami VS Cleveland (Wouldn't David Stern love that?). Realistically though...I have no clue with the east this year, it could go so many ways...
(10) NBA Champs-Screw it, i'm gonna give Dallas the nod. Dirk, Josh, and Jason are gonna runnnnnn that @#%$.
8)
glasses.gif
j e s u s w a l k s

(1) MVP- Gilbert Arenas
(2) Coach of the Year-Eddie Jordan
(3) Team on the Rise-Washington Wizards :pimp:
pimp.gif

(4) Team on the Decline-San Antonio Spurs
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award")- Carmelo Anthony- he's gonna be a more complete player this year with defense :wow:
eek.gif

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best")Rudy Gay
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January- How Ron Artest is suspended for the season for punching the referee on his face :lol:
laugh.gif

(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)Clippers over Mavericks
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)Wizards over Bulls
(10) NBA Champs- Washington Wizards :D
happy.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
-the excellence of execution-
O.G. Member #8​

1)MVP= BRON- he and Kobe will have UNBELIEVABLE seasons and their teams will be improved from last year, but Kobe is Public Enemy number 1 so until the players start voting, he won't win this award

2)COY=ZEKE- I don't think he's the best coach in the NBA to say the least but the Knicks will be above .500 and make the playoffs. From 23 wins he has to get it by default no matter how much you don't like him.

3)Team on the Rise= CAVS they will do DAMAGE this year!

4)Team on the decline= SPURS. Not because of talent but injuries and fatigue will wear on them. TD is still not healthy and w/out him at 100% they don't stand a shot at the chip. If he is somehow able to recover during the regular season, disregard this pick.

5)Breakout Player= Al Harrington- He will make his first all-star appearance this year based upon the role he'll play on the Pacers this year and how successful they'll be. Go Pacers.....

6) Rookie to Watch= Brandon Roy- young fella is a PROBLEM! PERDIOD!

7) Storyline to Be Talking About in January= Who's getting snubbed from the All-Star game this year (better not be Melo)

Seeding????

10)Champs- Mavs

"Now that i've got your undivided attention /i'm gonna say this and run/under condition 1/promise me you gone stack/promise me you gone ball/promise me you'll invest 3/4ths of it all/for what?/ so your kids, kids, kids can have some cheese/can't get wit it?/then git git git git on you knees/cause wealth is the word/rich is round the corner from the curb/don't like what i write?/shoot me a bird!

(1) MVP: 'Bron

(2) Coach of the Year: Avery Johnson

(3) Team on the Rise: Houston

(4) Team on the Decline: Memphis

(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award"): Deron Williams

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best"): Ronnie Brewer

(7) Storyline I'LL Be Talking About in January: Why is Dorell Wright still not playing?

(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?): Phoenix over Dallas

(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?): Miami over Cleveland

(10) NBA Champs: Miami

West:
1. Dallas
2. Denver
3. Phoenix
4. San Antonio
5. Houston
6. LAC
7. Sacramento
8. L.A. Lakers
9. New Orleans
10. Minnesota
11. Memphis
12. Utah
13. Golden State
14. Seattle
15. Portland (wouldn't be suprised if my bottom 7 got turned upside down)

East:
1. Cleveland
2. Miami
3. Detroit (edit: new division rules)
4. New Jersey
5. Chicago
6. Wasington
7. Indiana
8. Orlando
9. New York
10. Toronto
11. Milwaukee
12. Philly
13. Boston
14. Atlanta
15. Charlotte

(1) MVP - Baron BOOM BIZZLE Davis
(2) Coach of the Year - Don Nelson
(3) Team on the Rise - GS WARRIORS
(4) Team on the Decline - LA LAKERS
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award") - Ike Diogu and Monta Ellis
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best") - Rudy Gay
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - Warriors in contention for playoffs
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) warriors over whoever
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) doesnt matter
(10) NBA Champs - gs warriors :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i stay crafty.

1. MVP - Dirk...could this be the year that they FINALLY get the chip?

2. COY - Brian Hill....if he gets the Magic to a 7 or 8 seed, and they are floating around .500 or better...he is a LOCK for the award

3. Team on the Rise - Toronto Raptors....shhh, they are going to be MUCH improved, and the catalyst for this team's success is none other than TJ Ford...he will be top 3 in assists this season....mark my words...

4. Team on the Decline - Miami/Detroit...I think Miami because they honestly go as Shaq goes...he's a year older, and lets see how his body holds up this season...Detroit because of their age, and losing Big Ben is going to hurt more than they think...plus they aren't a deep squad

5. Breakout Player - Josh Smith...kid is gonna be a problem in the ATL...his #'s in limited minutes last year were insane...so much for being a "bust" *cough*Jay Bilas*cough*...he is honestly a year or two away from making what should be the first of MANY, MANY ASG appearances....plus with Big Al out of the equation, his offensive numbers will increase as well

6. Rookie to Watch - Renaldo Balkman....TRUST, you will know why he was selected in the 1st round this past year....kid has heart, and will hustle all over the place...he can't create his own shot, but he will be scroing on a bunch of put-backs and hustle plays...NY Fans will love this kid....

7. Storyline we'll be talking about in January - How nicely A.I. fits in with the Suns

8. Seedings....I am too lazy to do this now....but, I am predicting that there will be a surprise from the East making the EC Finals...but the NBA champs will come out of the West...Phoenix or Dallas....there will be a blockbuster done before the trading deadline to bolster the lineups of one of these two teams....I seriously think that A.I. will be a Sun....just got that feeling....

Back
Top Bottom