Official NLDS Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (3-1 SF) Giants Advance (TBS)

Yeah...I can't see the Braves doing much in this series with such a poor offense.

I think Cox is trying to ride the hot hand, pitching-wise. Lowe went 5-0 with a 1.xx ERA in September, while Hudson really struggled.

Yeah...I can't see the Braves doing much in this series with such a poor offense.

I think Cox is trying to ride the hot hand, pitching-wise. Lowe went 5-0 with a 1.xx ERA in September, while Hudson really struggled.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Unless Brian McCann becomes BJ Upton of the 07 playoffs, I don't see the Braves winning this series. Hudson starting Game 3 is iffy to me, I'd start him Game 1 and bring him back for 4.
Prior to the last two starts when he has started on short rest Hudson has struggled for about a month.  Ever since Lowe came back from injury he has been lights out so yeah Bobby is going for the hot hand.  We have trouble in San Francisco though.  If we get 1 we have a chance to win the series because we are really good at home.  Honestly though either teams would lose to the Phillies and it wouldn't be close.

Braves fans, D. Lowe is THAT DUDE in the playoffs. Don't get on me if he goes out and gets shelled..
laugh.gif
but he was always money for the Red Sox in October. All 3 series clinching wins in 04.
pimp.gif

I think the Giants will take this series fairly easily. Th Braves may get 1, but that's about it. Giants pitching staff is just too good for the Braves lineup.

I can see this going 5 very easily. Yes, the Giants pitching is good, but the Braves pitching is too. The Giants have been relying on the long ball so much lately, that if they don't get them, it could be pretty ugly for both offenses.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I can see this going 5 very easily. Yes, the Giants pitching is good, but the Braves pitching is too. The Giants have been relying on the long ball so much lately, that if they don't get them, it could be pretty ugly for both offenses.
I see where your coming from, but I just don't think the Braves will win in SF. Braves are well below .500 on the road and it's going to be loud out in SF for sure. The Braves are a really good home team but I think the Giants will close this out in 4.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Proshares

Unless Brian McCann becomes BJ Upton of the 07 playoffs, I don't see the Braves winning this series. Hudson starting Game 3 is iffy to me, I'd start him Game 1 and bring him back for 4.
Prior to the last two starts when he has started on short rest Hudson has struggled for about a month.  Ever since Lowe came back from injury he has been lights out so yeah Bobby is going for the hot hand.  We have trouble in San Francisco though.  If we get 1 we have a chance to win the series because we are really good at home.  Honestly though either teams would lose to the Phillies and it wouldn't be close.
True.  Personally, I would like to take the 1st game on the road and take games 3 and 4 at home.  I can see this going through five, though.  Great pitching galore between the two teams in this series...
pimp.gif

Now our offense though...
nerd.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]D. Lowe Atl
5801.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]16-12[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]16-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]136[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]231[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]76[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.37[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.27[/td][/tr][/table]
Braves Starting Lineup
3B Infante
RF Heyward
1B Lee
C McCann
SS Gonzalez
LF Diaz
2B Conrad
CF Ankiel
P Lowe

Giants Starting Lineup
CF Torres
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
SS Uribe
3B Sandoval
RF Ross
P Lincecum

Mitch Kramer looked a little rattled out there. Someone needs to roll him a quick spliff to calm his nerves

Back
Top Bottom