Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Decided I wanted to start wearing cologne again after reading through this thread. Copped Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme tonight from Marshalls. Wore it tonight as well. Not bad. Wish the sillage was more prominent.

They had some other stuff there. Cool water, Curve, David Beckham Intimately, Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur, Attimo Pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo, F by Ferragamo Pour Homme, Marc Jacob Bang, Halston Z-14, Lucky You for Men, John Varvatos Star USA, and Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers for Him. Don't remember the prices.

Based on reviews on frangrantica though none of them really grabbed me.

Think im going to try Clinique Happy next.

Last edited:
Man,I didnt know nike talk had a cologne section.

Whats good everybody.I got a nice amount of cologne and im ready to buy more buy my pockets hurting.

Aventus is 1 of the dopest colognes ever imo.I got a ton of samples,dont judge me lol.I got the most compliments on my Versace pour homme.Chicks really love it and back in the day it was Armani code and the first ed hardy cologne.I swear it seems like my skin eats all of of my cologne sometimes.

I thinking of buying these 5 right now

1.Spicebomb
2.Lacoste Noir
3.Gucci made to measure
4.Versace Eros
5.Paco rabanne 1 million or Bleu de chanel
do NOT get made to measure, eros, or 1 million

Man,I didnt know nike talk had a cologne section.

Whats good everybody.I got a nice amount of cologne and im ready to buy more buy my pockets hurting.

Aventus is 1 of the dopest colognes ever imo.I got a ton of samples,dont judge me lol.I got the most compliments on my Versace pour homme.Chicks really love it and back in the day it was Armani code and the first ed hardy cologne.I swear it seems like my skin eats all of of my cologne sometimes.

I thinking of buying these 5 right now

1.Spicebomb
2.Lacoste Noir
3.Gucci made to measure
4.Versace Eros
5.Paco rabanne 1 million or Bleu de chanel

Let us help you young man

Spicebomb is ok; very synthetic and not made for warm weather; not worth the price either
Lacoste Noir is the only decent one on that list
Gucci Made to Measure is trash go with Pour Homme II
Versace Eros is nasty; headache in a bottle
1 Million :smh: :x

Might pick up a fairly cheap scent to throw on during the summer when im just chillin at home. @StillIn729  which nautica was that orange creamsicle? was it voyage/island voyage

@Mr Cashfl0w  , where throw ADG Essenza in there as well. That got real good reviews.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Hell the entire Chanel line is a masterpiece imo 

Might pick up a fairly cheap scent to throw on during the summer when im just chillin at home. @StillIn729
 which nautica was that orange creamsicle? was it voyage/island voyage

@Mr Cashfl0w
 , where throw ADG Essenza in there as well. That got real good reviews.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Hell the entire Chanel line is a masterpiece imo 

The creamsicle one is Nautica Pure Discovery

for a great cheapie peep that Beckham Signature

Let us help you young man

Spicebomb is ok; very synthetic and not made for warm weather; not worth the price either
Lacoste Noir is the only decent one on that list
Gucci Made to Measure is trash go with Pour Homme II
Versace Eros is nasty; headache in a bottle
1 Million
mean.gif
sick.gif
do NOT get made to measure, eros, or 1 million
Thanks for the opinions guys.I was in a rush to cop something and was just thinking off top of some of the ones I wanted.

I have smelt every one of the colognes I have listed up top and thought they were decent when I tested them in the store.I think eros,gucci mtm and noir are more of a generic smell tho.I also wasnt even thinking of the summertime coming up which is true about spicebomb.$50 aint to bad but I will just cop it in the fall.I did some research and read about 100 reviews last night and the colognes I listed seem to be hit or miss or just personal choices.I do like the noir but the reviews mentioned it having poor projection and lasting,smells great tho imo.

After reading this and the reviews I decided to just stick with my fav which is Versace pour homme and my ton of creed samples lol.Save myself $100 or so and keep it moving and buy must haves instead of fillers.Appreciate it guys.

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions guys.I was in a rush to cop something and was just thinking off top of some of the ones I wanted.

I have smelt every one of the colognes I have listed up top and thought they were decent when I tested them in the store.I think eros,gucci mtm and noir are more of a generic smell tho.I also wasnt even thinking of the summertime coming up which is true about spicebomb.$50 aint to bad but I will just cop it in the fall.I did some research and read about 100 reviews last night and the colognes I listed seem to be hit or miss or just personal choices.I do like the noir but the reviews mentioned it having poor projection and lasting,smells great tho imo.

After reading this and the reviews I decided to just stick with my fav which is Versace pour homme and my ton of creed samples lol.Save myself $100 or so and keep it moving and buy must haves instead of fillers.Appreciate it guys.
If you like something, you should get it. The only problem with scents like 1million and eros is that they're kinda one hit wonders in the sense that they're too loud and basically only good for the club/bar/going out kinda thing(imo). Also like you said, made to measure is definitely generic

I completely agree fam and well said.When I smell something I sit back for a minute and research it.Then maybe check it out at the store again or get a sample.I dont like to get something after 1 smell.

I should not have bought the last 3 colognes I bought so I do more research and wait alil bit now.

Last edited:
I am intrigued by Nautica Pure Discovery... might just cop a bottle of eBay since they are pretty cheap

I completely agree fam and well said.When I smell something I sit back for a minute and research it.Then maybe check it out at the store again or get a sample.I dont like to get something after 1 smell.

I should not have bought the last 3 colognes I bought so I do more research and wait alil bit now.
yes yes yes, I can't even tell you how many scents I've tried out and didn't like or thought were okay, then ended up loving the next time I tried it out

I'm still pretty new to all this, I'd definitely say keep up with this thread and try out splits and find samples online before you rush out and buy anything. In the end, buy and wear what you like.. it's your cologne, but there's definitely a lot of stuff out there that were popular designer brands and they were good.. but nothing that said "I HAD to buy that". Then I try out some more samples, a ton of splits, and I've found stuff I absolutely loved.

I love Imperial Millessime by Creed.. in fact, I haven't tried anything by Creed that I haven't liked.. and Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria is awesome too. Thanks again to NSJs, especially since the splits seem to get here a day earlier than the USPS tracking says they will :lol:

If people were on the fence about Bergamotto di Calabria I'd say give it a try.. it's got a great citrus opening and the drydown has been really good so far. Especially if you're looking for a summer scent, this would be a really solid choice.

yes yes yes, I can't even tell you how many scents I've tried out and didn't like or thought were okay, then ended up loving the next time I tried it out
Yup,its a gift and a curse at times.The last 3 I bought instantly after testing them were,

Gucci PH-Generic but loved it at the store.Never wear it because I feel it is only right in certain settings and its just something about it that throws me off.idk why.

Yves Saint Laurent L'homme-Loved the smell at the store and still like the smell but its only right for certain settings.Never really wear it for some reason.

Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua-Really liked this at the store and never wear it lol.Its a clean *** smell and I think I could wear it anytime but dont for some reason.

I wish I never bought any of those.

So far the lacoste noir is the only recent cologne I have went back to store and liked it just as much as the first time I tested it.I put it on my skin and it reacted pretty well and lasted but I havent made that plunge yet.I want a anytime cologne right now.

I could get creed everything but aventus,silver mountain water and GIT are the ones I like the most from what I smelt @StillIn729  lol jk.I kinda want to buy an atomizer and pour my samples in there.I could live off samples and save some bread lol.

I have never tried or tested Bond no9 either.Is it worth the price?

Last edited:
Yup,its a gift and a curse at times.The last 3 I bought instantly after testing them were,

Gucci PH-Generic but loved it at the store.Never wear it because I feel it is only right in certain settings and its just something about it that throws me off.idk why.
Yves Saint Laurent L'homme-Loved the smell at the store and still like the smell but its only right for certain settings.Never really wear it for some reason.
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua-Really liked this at the store and never wear it lol.Its a clean *** smell and I think I could wear it anytime but dont for some reason.

I wish I never bought any of those.

So far the lacoste noir is the only recent cologne I have went back to store and liked it just as much as the first time I tested it.I put it on my skin and it reacted pretty well and lasted but I havent made that plunge yet.I want a anytime cologne right now.

I could get creed everything but aventus,silver mountain water and GIT are the ones I like the most from what I smelt @StillIn729
 lol jk.I kinda want to buy an atomizer and pour my samples in there.I could live off samples and save some bread lol.

I have never tried or tested Bond no9 either.Is it worth the price?
It depends what you'd consider worth it. You missed out though, I just split damn near the entire bond line(the popular ones at least) over the past few months

I hadn't smelled it in a while but I got a whiff of someone wearing Acqua Di Parma Colonia and I think it's gonna be copped

Just worth the price,they are expensive but seem to get a lot of love.

What are considered to be the top 3 bond no9 colognes.

Just worth the price,they are expensive but seem to get a lot of love.

What are considered to be the top 3 bond no9 colognes.
I don't think there would be a general consensus top 3
My personal top 3 from them are new haarlem, riverside drive and bleecker street, in no particular order

Back
Top Bottom