Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Better then Aventus imo
I can see how you could say that but although Aventus is the serious king of all things hyped in the frag industry, it's just so masterfully effective in what it does that it makes it super hard to dethrone it. I'm not sure about others on here, but it remains my all time most compliment getter and I'm talking unsolicited compliments.

I'm starting not to take the depth of my frags that seriously. To a true frag head, this may be blasphemous but I feel that we all wear frags BOTH for our own personal enjoyment (which is why I wear niche frags with a lot of depth) and the mass appeal of being complimented and smelling pleasant. This can be accomplished with a 300$+ bottle of Creed or a generic smelling designer like Sauvage. I picked up a bottle of Sauvage after using a decant and getting so many compliments it was wild. I'm not even arguing it's case of "not being generic" or being "boring". Bleu de Chanel was called boring and generic heavily, but turned around to be one of the most hyped and owned frags among the frag comm.

Even with harsh criticisms that some have, I don't really think it's fair to totally crucify Dior for trying their hand at a mass pleasing scent. Although DH and DHI are staples...they weren't really that great of sellers. From strictly a business perspective, all angles point to creating a generic "freshie". If women like it, I'll wear it...

Last edited:
Better then Aventus imo

I can see how you could say that but although Aventus is the serious king of all things hyped in the frag industry, it's just so masterfully effective in what it does that it makes it super hard to dethrone it. I'm not sure about others on here, but it remains my all time most compliment getter and I'm talking unsolicited compliments.

I'm starting not to take the depth of my frags that seriously. To a true frag head, this may be blasphemous but I feel that we all wear frags BOTH for our own personal enjoyment (which is why I wear niche frags with a lot of depth) and the mass appeal of being complimented and smelling pleasant. This can be accomplished with a 300$+ bottle of Creed or a generic smelling designer like Sauvage. I picked up a bottle of Sauvage after using a decant and getting so many compliments it was wild. I'm not even arguing it's case of "not being generic" or being "boring". Bleu de Chanel was called boring and generic heavily, but turned around to be one of the most hyped and owned frags among the frag comm.

Even with harsh criticisms that some have, I don't really think it's fair to totally crucify Dior for trying their hand at a mass pleasing scent. Although DH and DHI are staples...they weren't really that great of sellers. From strictly a business perspective, all angles point to creating a generic "freshie". If women like it, I'll wear it...

I responded to yankee then deleted it, because I didn't want to transport the thread back to 2014. Lol.

I respect http and i know opinions are just opinions, but Aventus is the superior fragrance, no debate really.

Alien is somewhat unisex, so is Angel Woman.. But if you're looking for their masculine counterparts, it would be Angel Man or Pure Malt.

Thanks man. I guess i'll be picking one up since they were on sale. Which one do you prefer? I'm going into this blind since ai've never actually smelled them just alien.

I wouldn't recommend either blindly. They are both pretty challenging love/hate fragrances. You should be able to find a sizable sample of each on ebay, etc for less than $20 to your door.

Pure Malt is A Man soaked in whiskey barrels and berried fruit punch added at the beginning. A Man has a more challenging tar note that takes a while to disappear.

My personal favorites are Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather (probably a majority of people as well). I also really like Amber Absolute but that's more of an advanced fragrance appreciator type of frag.

Herod > Tobacco Vanille

La Yuqawam Homme > Tuscan Leather

Neroli Portofino Forte and Noir Extreme the only good TF frag imo

Last edited:
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom