Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

especially the elementary school. they give us the sign with my son’s name and they walkie talkie ahead to the front but it still took a long time yesterday.
Gotdamn times have changed, I’m so out the loop about kids schools. I just found out kids don’t use textbooks now, schools hand out tablets. Do they allow kids to wear hats in the building now?

My kids school still has text books, they share iPads at certain points during class they also have a lab with all Mac computers, didn’t know they stopped teaching cursive tho, how are these kids going to learn to sign their names lol

Only plug is saying your son is under 3 years old. Until they start questioning him. My kids are 4 and 2. Best believe they are free.
Lol when we could afford a season pass, my son was 2 years old until he was 4 :lol: we used to roll up in a stroller with a blanket covering his long *** legs :lol:

anyone have concerns about their kids confidence?

my oldest, will be 5 this month, has always been a bit shy and at times lacks confidence

any ideas to boost confidence?

she has plenty of friends and seems to get along w/ all kids at daycare when I go to pick her up there and at birthday parties

she had preschool graduation last night and during one song they were singing (and dancing) she wasn't really following, whether she forgot the words and moves not sure but she all together stopped, started crying, and ran to her teachers at the side of the stage

she sat w/ them for the rest of the graduation

she'll be going to a kindergarten where she will likely know absolutely nobody, as far as we know there is no other kids in her daycare/pre school in our school district

Sounds like a hot mess where you guys are :lol:
Reside in 2nd most diverse school district in Cali. All cultures crash and chaos ensues.

my oldest, will be 5 this month, has always been a bit shy and at times lacks confidence

any ideas to boost confidence?

she has plenty of friends and seems to get along w/ all kids at daycare when I go to pick her up there and at birthday parties

she had preschool graduation last night and during one song they were singing (and dancing) she wasn't really following, whether she forgot the words and moves not sure but she all together stopped, started crying, and ran to her teachers at the side of the stage

she sat w/ them for the rest of the graduation

she'll be going to a kindergarten where she will likely know absolutely nobody, as far as we know there is no other kids in her daycare/pre school in our school district
Lol.. lil shy ball. She’ll be alright. Just confirm every single day the importance of confidence/empathy building.
Still remember my 16 yr daughter when she cried first day @ kinder. I walked away and sat in parking lot hella stressing. But we gotta let em live & learn.
My eldest has moved to 5 school districts since. It’s been tough but it all starts @ home

when she was asked why she got upset and cried she said she thought she made a mistake

they have been practicing the songs and stuff they did at the graduation for awhile, she did miss the rehearsal the day before, but she may have messed up on part and it totally threw her off leading to the crying

if we watch a cartoon or something with super heroes i tell here that there's one super power they have that she can have too, confidence

or if she is doing something and she's acting confident i tell her confidence looks good on her :D

My son was like this his first year of preschool at 4y/o. At his end of the year performance he just stood on the stage and hardly mouthed the words, then afterward the kids sat back down and he just started crying. The next year he was alot better, but still very timid. By this year in Kindergarten, he was singing and dancing to the point of "sealing the show" (not just saying that cuz he's my son, I swear!). I don't know that there's anything specific we did other than to always root him on and let him grow/move at his own pace. I was always afraid of public speaking or being put in the spotlight in ANY occasion, while my wife is the polar opposite. There's nothing my parents could ever say to me that would make it any better, but I learned through college and work experience what I had to do to get through those situations as painless as possible. I guess what I'm saying is that being shy and lacking that confidence to a certain degree is natural and there's no magic word or switch you can flip to make it all better. Just supporting them and lifting them up as much as you can is about as good as you can do, IMHO.

Happy Father's Day guys!!!

I enjoy this thread because you guys have given me ideas on how to be a better man/father.

I can always use the help/tips on how to improve myself as a person and a man. Thank you all!

Enjoy this day Homies!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom