Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

i don't know what i would do if I didn't have my in laws watch my kids. Never had a random babysitter watch my boys. In laws 99% of the time, my Mom 1% of the time.

My in laws know their place.

my in-laws are really nice but superrr religious. it scares me what they could be telling my son but i just try and instill curiosity, healthy skepticism, and discernment in him. we don’t even let my son stay overnight though. 8 hours is max :lol:

In-laws ftw.

My daughter turned 1 last week and so far we haven’t spent a dime on day care.

Hoping it stays that way until she’s ready for pre-school

What is it with your elders that u don’t agree with?

Lol the list is pretty long. But for starters we don’t allow him to watch tv. Also he is very active and we emphasize education a lot. Between the 4 of them the only one that would probably keep up with him is my father (who lives out of state)

If you watch the show blackish a perfect example is the episode where bow has to have dre’s Mom watch their youngest son.

Lol the list is pretty long. But for starters we don’t allow him to watch tv. Also he is very active and we emphasize education a lot. Between the 4 of them the only one that would probably keep up with him is my father (who lives out of state)

If you watch the show blackish a perfect example is the episode where bow has to have dre’s Mom watch their youngest son.
Just watched preview of it. Lmao.
Idk.. I get a warm feeling watching my kids eat. Only time they quiet lol. But I hear what your saying in regards to old skool diet and how fat our kids can get

Last edited:
Just watched preview of it. Lmao.
Idk.. I get a warm feeling watching my kids eat. Only time they **** lol. But I hear what your saying in regards to old skool diet and how fat our kids can get

Lol you have to watch the whole thing.

She left the baby at ikea daycare
Didn’t give him snack
Took a cupcake from a stranger in the park

I’d go crazy lol

Our parents just aren’t as attentive. Times and ways have changed.

Its wild how different America is to other parts of the world. When i was living in Asia you saw kids just walking to bus stops or on the subway themselves.
Chillin together all in the park (like we use to do before the 00's.

In most of Asia is def a "it takes a village" mind set. Crazy seeing that disappear these days

Lol you have to watch the whole thing.

She left the baby at ikea daycare
Didn’t give him snack
Took a cupcake from a stranger in the park

I’d go crazy lol

Our parents just aren’t as attentive. Times and ways have changed.
Oh damb. Gotta watch... idk though. Mines were old skool where we handled our stuff in home with no police or therapy just fam bam intervention lol. Pops was a G and moms was empathetic.
Don’t know what I’d be without em Tbh.. I just wanna make them proud and hopefully my kids will think the same with me. I work in social services so I do get what your saying. I’m sure you and your partner will be greatas parents and start new traditions 8)
Its wild how different America is to other parts of the world. When i was living in Asia you saw kids just walking to bus stops or on the subway themselves.
Chillin together all in the park (like we use to do before the 00's.

In most of Asia is def a "it takes a village" mind set. Crazy seeing that disappear these days
Village talk is serious in my culture (Tongan).
You try and separate your intermediate famb from the fam and they get so so sad. Reason why I moved back to Cali. MIL put wifey as the beneficiary of the house after moving back lol

Jus got the go ahead to move to 2% milk from the doc :pimp:

Thank god the days of formula are over ..that’s literally an extra 120 I’m saving now :lol:

Doc trying real hard to push this flu shot. Anybody got an opinion on them ? I’m leaning no

Fams

I’ve decided I gotta leave the house. It’s become quite difficult to function day to day while shacking with the BM’s. We have a 3.5 yr old daughter and 13 month old son. Just moved in the house (her parents bought) 3 months ago, for us to rent. It’s been rocky to say the least for the past year. Long story short, we fight and argue every other day and I don’t want my daughter or son to see any of that anymore. It’s become difficult for me to function at my 9 to 5 based off my home life. I’ve been doing the therapy thing for bout 6 months seeking help on how to deal and navigate the conflicts at home, but there’s no win in sight if I stay put.

So, my question for y’all that have left. What happens now? I lawyer up immediately? I want 50/50 co-parent rights, also everything besides the house is paid for by me and in my name. Do I just dip out on bills? How will visitation work without going to court? I’m effed all the way up right, especially about my kids, but I have to get out ASAP.

Village talk is serious in my culture (Tongan).
You try and separate your intermediate famb from the fam and they get so so sad. Reason why I moved back to Cali. MIL put wifey as the beneficiary of the house after moving back lol

This is why im debating moving further North. Im in VA now. But my wifes parents are in Canada. My mom is cool. But she is more of the show love with money type . I remember her baby sitting other kids and with me as a child. It was come with me to the mall lets eat free samples from costco then get mcdonalds .
My MiL tho will follow our instructions and spend legit quality time. Ive seen my MiL since the kid has been born (picking her up today so she can be with us for. Week) more than ive seen my mom who lives 15 min away.

Fams

I’ve decided I gotta leave the house. It’s become quite difficult to function day to day while shacking with the BM’s. We have a 3.5 yr old daughter and 13 month old son. Just moved in the house (her parents bought) 3 months ago, for us to rent. It’s been rocky to say the least for the past year. Long story short, we fight and argue every other day and I don’t want my daughter or son to see any of that anymore. It’s become difficult for me to function at my 9 to 5 based off my home life. I’ve been doing the therapy thing for bout 6 months seeking help on how to deal and navigate the conflicts at home, but there’s no win in sight if I stay put.

So, my question for y’all that have left. What happens now? I lawyer up immediately? I want 50/50 co-parent rights, also everything besides the house is paid for by me and in my name. Do I just dip out on bills? How will visitation work without going to court? I’m effed all the way up right, especially about my kids, but I have to get out ASAP.
Sorry about your situation ..i couldnt imagine that is rough.
I dont knkw if some of the dudes from TAY is in here vut i remember quite a few goinf through this also

Thank god the days of formula are over ..that’s literally an extra 120 I’m saving now :lol:

Doc trying real hard to push this flu shot. Anybody got an opinion on them ? I’m leaning no
I’m already telling myself I’m completely over baby phases until maybe when I’m a grandparent and then I read this :lol:

I’m a few months away from that point but that’s just another step in the right direction

Not supposed to be up and out of bed this early...sun ain’t even up

So my son pees on me every time I put on a new diaper. He also decides to take a second dump when the new diaper is on him.

Still surreal I’m a father of two.
I thought the fresh diaper dump was for all kinds. Both my daughter and my son got/get down like that.

I'm just happy they arebt bath poopers.

Fams

No answers for you bro but you got my prayers. We share very similar experiences. I grew up without my pops and have decided I can't put my kids through the same, regardless of anything. So imo, I suck up a lot of stuff. But it's also enlightening to see stuff that I didn't necessarily agree with yet changed my actions anyway turn out for the better.

Why are you guys doing 2% instead of whole?

We got the flu shot for our guy. We space out his vaccinations though. They tried to give him two vaccinations, a flu shot and do blood draw for an allergy test. I told them they lost they @;$(@:? Minds.

No one in my house does the flu shot. I was suckered into one 3 years ago when my daughter was 6 months old. Suffice to say, I couldn’t trust my PCP after that so I switched up and my current doc respects my decision. We are also in a staggered vaccination schedule. My daughter is a little bit behind, but we can usually pop into the office and get a shot or two on the spot.

Anyone buying their son or daughter z hover board this year. If so I know we are getting to the nitty gritty. Brands to stay away from or ones you would recommend?

Baby boy has a diaper rash and in his butt crack and it's painful for him. Doctor said to rinse him, pat dry and then put a lot of Desetin or Aquaphor to create a layer. He was in so much pain last night. :frown:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to care and help heal the rash?

Baby boy has a diaper rash and in his butt crack and it's painful for him. Doctor said to rinse him, pat dry and then put a lot of Desetin or Aquaphor to create a layer. He was in so much pain last night. :frown:

Everything your doctor said works. Air drying also helps so he'll enjoy some time with his bag in the wind

As far as the in-law talk, I'm at a point that I'll check my own mother about how I want my child to be raised so ain't no limit to who can be corrected. My girls are on a decently strict nap schedule and my other nieces and nephews are not and when down at my mother's house there's no nap time. But my girls need a nap or they get real whiny about little bitty things and I've had to tell my mom to relax and that their nap is necessary.

The trick is to be respectful and direct about what you say, how you say it, and who you are saying it too. All of that to preserve the relationship but at the end of the day what's really important?

Doc is spot on. And air time as mentioned below. Desetin always does the trick.

check his diapers every 45 mins at least (if its warm just put a shirt on him so you can see when hes gone if youve got the diapers with wet lines on them). The butt paste by boudreaux works wonders. we get the green kind.

Thanks, all. We'll continue to follow Doc's direction. Just feel bad for the little guy.

Back
Top Bottom