Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Daycare is stupid expensive but I think it's important to raising a well rounded child. If your kid is socially awkward they will resent their academic brilliance anyway

wait..... would a nanny (cheap one. be better than putting in a daycare.........
i work at an adult esl school. and a lot of the female students are nannys may ahve to see about hiring one for the hours i work or my wife work

Had to bribe my son for this pic. He hates taking them. I told him they memories
IMG_20190426_213348_541.jpg

we were lucky because my son went to a preschool for hawaiian (part-hawaiian) kids. it was 3k for the whole year and i was against it at first because i thought the school was crappy but it ended up being the best thing for my son. the teachers were way better than the previous preschool that cost us around 12k/year. before that, he was in a daycare that started at 1800/month for infants and went down to around 1500/month for 2-4 year olds. that was pretty painful :lol:

my coworkers pay around 500/month for daycare at some lady’s house and that seems like a good place too. my wife just doesn’t like the idea of that.

I hate it when the kids are sick. Kid #1 has been fighting a fever the past couple days.

I hate when they are sick too especially fevers. I feel like fevers are the gateway...you have to watch them like a hawk to make sure it doesn't go up or other symptoms start popping up. My son had a fever all day saturday but was playing, eating and terrorizing fine. So we just turned some fans on, let him run around in his diaper and gave him a lot of liquids. He was fine by Sunday. I on the other hand wound up with bronchitis...and I rarely get sick. Maybe the fever was his body fighting the potential of him getting that ( I didnt know bronchitis was contagious...my sons school sent a note home a few weeks prior to this. So I probably got it from there :frown: )

we were lucky because my son went to a preschool for hawaiian (part-hawaiian) kids. it was 3k for the whole year and i was against it at first because i thought the school was crappy but it ended up being the best thing for my son. the teachers were way better than the previous preschool that cost us around 12k/year. before that, he was in a daycare that started at 1800/month for infants and went down to around 1500/month for 2-4 year olds. that was pretty painful :lol:

my coworkers pay around 500/month for daycare at some lady’s house and that seems like a good place too. my wife just doesn’t like the idea of that.

I have a huge phobia of in-home daycares. I know things can happen at facilities too but more than likely they have proper staff and cameras. We pay more than our mortgage in daycare but the school is amazing. My kid is speaking very well in english, spanish and dutch (< I don't know why dutch lol), and hes not even 2.

Sidenote - These kids grow too fast :frown: I picked him up yesterday and told him we were going to go outside when we got home (because he started freaking out that I picked him up early during his class recess time) he says at me angrily - "we're already outside!" Which we were lol. I couldn't do anything but laugh.

wait..... would a nanny (cheap one. be better than putting in a daycare.........
i work at an adult esl school. and a lot of the female students are nannys may ahve to see about hiring one for the hours i work or my wife work
I looked into it...10/hr x 10= 100 day x 5.

500 dollars a week sounds insane. But in reality we about to put our son in daycare with his sister so that’s about to be 400 a week but the daycare covers food too tho.

I guess i am lucky my wife only works 2 days/week and my mother in law watch him those days :lol: And there is no way in hell in paying 12k/year for pre school. :lol:

I guess i am lucky my wife only works 2 days/week and my mother in law watch him those days :lol: And there is no way in hell in paying 12k/year for pre school. :lol:

You are VERY lucky. I'm very jealous of people whose parents can watch their kids instead of paying for daycare.
Glad I have reimbursement so what would be $800/month ends up being $400

You are VERY lucky. I'm very jealous of people whose parents can watch their kids instead of paying for daycare.
Glad I have reimbursement so what would be $800/month ends up being $400

I have been saying they need ceilings on daycare costs and/or job reimbursement. The military does something similar where they help out with assistance. But of course, my branch is the only one with a waiting list. And of course the waiting list started as soon as my son needed daycare. And of course they don't give back pay.

We've never been able to afford daycare. At first my mom was helping with watching my daughter. We didn't want to continue to burden her though, plus my girl got preggo with the 2nd and put on bed rest 3 months into the pregnancy. So that was another year+ where we didn't have to worry about daycare.

Then my girl picks up a full time job...hours have her working evenings. But we still needed someone to watch the kids for our overlapping work hours. Tried an inhome daycare. I think the lady was charging us 300 a week for our two kids. And it was decently structured. Issue was I had to drive 60 miles from my job to pick them up at the day care and then another 30 miles to go back home. In rush hour traffic.

Did that 2 weeks. Then we found a lady closer to us. She did 250 a week for us. My first day picking up my kids, I hear the ******* theme song from "It's Always Sunny" coming from up stairs...

That was short lived. Now my oldest is ready for preschool and the place I wanna put her in s like 261 a week for half days. Smh.

I keep trying to tell my wife we need to set up a account for extracurricular actives for these kids. Idc if it’s nothing but 10 dollars a check, every bit counts. She can’t see it right now how that **** gonna hurt in the future. Travel ball stuff, dance stuff, school other stuff. :smh:

I’m really bout to start doing it myself.

my wife's sick today fever of 102.6 so i have to miss work today.
it hurts man. just thinking of the money im losing but i dont have enough to pay for day care or help..

500 a week for a 10/hr in home nany is not bad as long as u trust them. i was thinking if my wife and I have slightly opposite schedules it can work out that we'd only have a nany for like 3 hours a day.
so 300 doesn't seem too bad

All ya'll with family able to help out...ya'll are BLESSED!
yea my wife's parents are in canada. and I don't trust my mom enough to "help" out.

So...

You guys got your own life insurance policy? And one for the kids/spouse?
Yes, big one for me and a smaller one for my wife. Have been contemplating taking out a policy on my son too, even though it is kind of morbid.

I have been saying they need ceilings on daycare costs and/or job reimbursement. The military does something similar where they help out with assistance. But of course, my branch is the only one with a waiting list. And of course the waiting list started as soon as my son needed daycare. And of course they don't give back pay.

Never forget calling around for daycare and heard $1200/wk for ONE of my daughters....FLABBERGASTED

Back
Top Bottom