Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

tryna get that maximum return on your investment, i see...

Man Im not looking for the next lebron but if he (if he wants) gets through HS playing something I'd be more than satisfied. Not for anything financial, but to keep his head in the books. Can't play if you're flunking out. Easy punishment system to understand and abide by imo

1bN7JNy.jpg

oweifjqopienfo[qwienfoiwnef

She a killer, bros.  

Thanks man... Shes starting to interact vocally with me... Looks me straight in the eye and responds to noises I make to her with baby coo's and smiles.

I'm in trouble.

Theres a school near my work (I live in the Bay Area, near Silicon Valley), and a lot of "tech" parents from CEO's on down, enroll their kids there. The school is technology free...no computers, no tv's, ipads, etc.

The parents (who are mostly from tech companies) chose a school where technology is nowhere to be found because they say they don't want their own children to become what their employees have become. They say they have witnessed first hand, what technology could do to a generation and choosing against it.

I'm not sure if I agree yet, but food for thought.

Theres a school near my work (I live in the Bay Area, near Silicon Valley), and a lot of "tech" parents from CEO's on down, enroll their kids there. The school is technology free...no computers, no tv's, ipads, etc.

The parents (who are mostly from tech companies) chose a school where technology is nowhere to be found because they say they don't want their own children to become what their employees have become. They say they have witnessed first hand, what technology could do to a generation and choosing against it.

Interesting. What's the name of the school. I live in San jose

Interesting. What's the name of the school. I live in San jose

I believe its the Waldorf School

I guess this is the right place to ask this question.

I'm with a girl who shows strong wife material traits.  In fact she was my friend before we got serious so I knew this coming into it.

She doesn't want to have any children.  She wants to adopt when the child is basically potty trained. She doesn't find the process involved in the first few years at all worthwhile.

Thing is besides that everything is great. What would you do?
Eesh tough question..

This is thread worthy brah.. srs

I'm with a girl who shows strong wife material traits.  In fact she was my friend before we got serious so I knew this coming into it.

She doesn't want to have any children.  She wants to adopt when the child is basically potty trained. She doesn't find the process involved in the first few years at all worthwhile.

Eesh tough question..

This is thread worthy brah.. srs
very tough..damb. like i understand her point but damn..those years before the potty trained years are so crucial

Damb that's a tough situation. I do see her point though. I'm curious, what are your thoughts?

My son is 4 months old, and although it hasn't been that long, i feel everything that i've done and taught him so far is reflective of who he will be as a kid in the coming years. Seeing how his personality is changing and picking things up every week is a feeling that is just indescribable and something every parent should experience IMO. 

Honestly bruh, Id strongly urge her that Ages 0-4 are THE most critical moments between a parent and child. Their mind frame at that age is most ripe for learning, playing, speaking, acting, ..etc...

Got a wake up note from my eldest the other day. Had the feels like a moe foe
laugh.gif
sick.gif
Damn I just saw these...

I'm still with her.

I gotta say guys that she seems to have a come around.

She said a few months ago (nov? i think?) that she would have a baby with the right dude.

now come last week she asks me what would I want if she got preggers. i said that if its before i graduate undergrad and get a job, i want an abortion.

if its after, let it come.

when i asked her what she thought, she said she agreed.

Abortion though? Thats a whole new can of worms. If you know for sure you don't want kids right now, then I hope you guys are doing everything in your power to not get pregnant.

Abortion though? Thats a whole new can of worms. If you know for sure you don't want kids right now, then I hope you guys are doing everything in your power to not get pregnant.
We are. At first she was on the pill but we got shook because one time she was late (o_O supa scary) but it turned out to be nothing so now we use pill+rubber.

Coromanti Coromanti - my son whose now 11 was colic which typically lasts the first 3 months of life. He cried off & on (& sometimes straight through) from 11PM through 3-4-5AM. It was by far the hardest most stressful period in life I've ever experienced.

Those first 5-6-7 years were hard work, the hardest work I've ever done but I wouldn't trade it for anything. It made me better person & I truly understand the term "labor of love". I wasn't a patient person at all but this experience taught me to be more patient. I have a greater understanding that some things will just happen & won't go the way you want. You just gotta go with the flow.

How you respond in situations of stress is a true testament to who you are as a person & as a man.

Each situation is different of course. There are plenty of kids up for adoption that are in need of loving families so that isn't a bad option at all.

Hope this helps...

Congrats to all the new dads and soon to be dads.
jaypesoz jaypesoz bro I have a saying that if I knew how little girls were, I wouldn't have been so happy when my daughter was born :lol: :smh:
The attitudes and stubbornness are nearly unbearable. She's just 8 and already labeled herself as stubborn.
The word stubborn came up one day when me and my wife were talking. My daughter asked what did stubborn mean.
I told her it means "someone that likes to have things their way". Her response, "that's me daddy". I wouldn't trade her for the world.
Met a guy that said he has eight kids and seven of them are GIRLS!

Coromanti Coromanti bro if she does get pregnant please don't encourage her or allow her to have an abortion. If it's a medical emergency and the doctors say it's a necessity, then I can understand having to make the decision.

But don't do it just because it's "not the right time" for yall to have a baby. The joy that child will bring is irreplaceable. **Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Good work Fraij :pimp:

As far as kids an electronics. My daughters not yet 3 and she gets an hr a night with the ipad. She can watch youtube videos by herself or take selfies. Its mind bottling to me. We like the quiet time and figure shes learning the skills shell need more than likely so y not? shell even try to put it on the charger sometimes lol. Only downfall is the occasional tantrums when its time to cut it off

Last edited:
Good work Fraij :pimp:

As far as kids an electronics. My daughters not yet 3 and she gets an hr a night with the ipad. She can watch youtube videos by herself or take selfies. Its mind bottling to me. We like the quiet time and figure shes learning the skills shell need more than likely so y not? shell even try to put it on the charger sometimes lol. Only downfall is the occasional tantrums when its time to cut it off

kids are crazy these days man.

im ashamed to admit it but i use that youtube as a crutch sometimes. i swear my daughter is better with ios than I am and shes barely 20 months old (my excuse is that I use android phone and tablet). At 18 months she would be able to dig my wifes iphone out of her bag, unlock it, go to the youtube app, load up an elmo video, wait the 5 seconds, skip the ad, and just be chilling and watching. her android skills are not quite there yet so she sometimes has a bit more difficulty with my phone and tablet.

it's a tough call man. i see tons of kids real adept with electronics from an early age but i see less kids who are able to put that stuff down without a fuss and not be hypnotized by the screen. my wife and i have struggled to stay off our phones but i think it's important to role model for my son how to interact with another human being rather than how to watch vids and important to go out and explore the real world with tangible experiences when we hike, hit the beach etc rather than watch cartoons. i don't have to worry much about his learning progress because the daycare curriculum is good and we do lots of dialogue, flashcards and word games at home but man, it's an ongoing battle to stay off the phone in front of my son. i need to delete FB and IG from my phone :lol:

Got my kids their first tablets two years ago at ages 8, 6 and 4. They definitely get attached to them, so I have to monitor their usage and give a weekly lecture about the purpose of the tablet and video games.

"Son (my now 10yr old) the iPad is for entertainment and research purposes only. I didn't buy it for you to get attached and become dependent on it. I think it's a good time to take a break from your iPad for a little while."

I have a few variations of the "lecture" depending on the day and time :lol:

Congrats to all the new dads and soon to be dads.
jaypesoz jaypesoz bro I have a saying that if I knew how little girls were, I wouldn't have been so happy when my daughter was born :lol: :smh:
The attitudes and stubbornness are nearly unbearable. She's just 8 and already labeled herself as stubborn.
The word stubborn came up one day when me and my wife were talking. My daughter asked what did stubborn mean.
I told her it means "someone that likes to have things their way". Her response, "that's me daddy". I wouldn't trade her for the world.
Met a guy that said he has eight kids and seven of them are GIRLS!

That's definitely something I keep in mind. I know both me and her parents will spoil the hell out of her, so I need to figure out a way to balance that with being able to teach her how to be humble and that she won't always get things her way. In a weird sort of way, I actually think having a daughter first will be "better" for me, for my initial foray into parenting, than if I had a boy.

Back
Top Bottom