Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My babygirl. Can’t believe she’s in First Grade now. Time flies fellas, cherish EVERY moment. And yes, my new welcome mat says ‘You’re about to get hugged’

Last edited:
Hey lobotomybeats lobotomybeats , I just saw your posts. I had a hard time reading all of that too.

You sir are a great man/husband/father who's doing an excellent job with the kids - dont ever forget that.

As much as you say the only reason you're here is for them, the reason they're getting through this is because of you.

It's alright to cry daily man - nothing wrong with that, you've got to grieve too and you've got to let it out.

I don't know what I'd do... don't even want to think about it.

Last edited:
Pics of the princess in Japan...

1E429B09-85ED-4B2E-AF9B-AD24D7C70C03.jpeg

E654A95D-20EF-46C2-8951-8480A5CFB2B5.jpeg

EB803C2A-63E4-41B7-91DB-58D2C26E9FFB.jpeg

72E60032-6911-4917-BBE4-7041819E72B6.jpeg

01800275-368A-4009-B95B-4F43BBD2152A.jpeg
how was that trip
that was to disney japan???
u posted about the trip in the disney thread yet????

The two year old is so different than the other three. He still remembers his mom. He misses his mom. But I know he won't remember his interactions with his mom for long. I will never forget the day we received my wife's diagnosis. We were waiting for the biopsy. She turns over and looks at me, tears in her eyes, and asks "will he even remember me?" That sticks with me. My main goal has been to make sure he remembers his mom. We do it through videos, pictures and stories. This week my wife's friend sent the kids teddy bears made from shirts my wife wore. They adore them. One of the saddest moments occurred a week or two after my wife had passed. My nephew took the 7 and 13 year old somewhere. Instead of switching out car seats, my nephew took my wife's car. My 2 year old and I were outside when they returned in her car. He started yelling "Mommy's home! Mommy's home!" I was gutted.
this is the first time i actually shed tears reading something on NT.

you've spent so much time entertaining us here on NT, making us laugh. i want to thank you for that. your children are blessed to have a father like you.

how was that trip
that was to disney japan???
u posted about the trip in the disney thread yet????

She had an amazing time. A lot of eating and shopping. They have these animal cafes - did a couple of them.

Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea..

The two year old is so different than the other three. He still remembers his mom. He misses his mom. But I know he won't remember his interactions with his mom for long. I will never forget the day we received my wife's diagnosis. We were waiting for the biopsy. She turns over and looks at me, tears in her eyes, and asks "will he even remember me?" That sticks with me. My main goal has been to make sure he remembers his mom. We do it through videos, pictures and stories. This week my wife's friend sent the kids teddy bears made from shirts my wife wore. They adore them. One of the saddest moments occurred a week or two after my wife had passed. My nephew took the 7 and 13 year old somewhere. Instead of switching out car seats, my nephew took my wife's car. My 2 year old and I were outside when they returned in her car. He started yelling "Mommy's home! Mommy's home!" I was gutted.

The "grown ups come back" things is something my 5 year old daughter struggled with mightily over the summer. I believe it's because I had someone take the kids when I called the ambulance. They never saw their mom again. There were two other instances where my wife was hospitalized. Each time my daughter wasn't here when she left. I know my daughter was terrified that when I would go to work or whatever that I wasn't coming back. Typical separation anxiety.

I wish I could say things are getting easier. I can't. Kids are more resilient than adults. They are capable of being distracted and having a good day. I am not there yet. It's going to be awhile. I still cry daily. I still have very dark days. If I am being honest, if it weren't for my kids I don't know that I would still be around. I miss her that much. But I know that I would want my wife to be proud of me. I know that my wife's legacy depends on me reminding my kids of how special she was. It's a lot. I don't have time for me. I can't sleep unless the kids are in my bed. We have a pretty large house. When the kids aren't here it feels even bigger and more empty. There's a huge void that cannot be filled.
Thank you for answering.

That part about mommy's home...man.

Like I said, nothing but love for you and yours. To echo the sentiments of someone else's take care of yourself.

Last edited:
lobotomybeats lobotomybeats I am more than happy to give you my number/email/whatever. I'm not going to act like I know what you're going through, but I do know that you could use all the support you need. If you just need someone to listen, I'm more than happy to do so. Folks always want us to act strong and superhuman, but they forget the fact that we are HUMAN. We hurt and cry just like anyone else. We have to keep our mental health in check the best we can, even more so as parents.

Maaaan I’m very sorry to hear that lobo...damn fam, I’m sorry bro...

You’re handling things the best you can, and whenever you have lil hiccups just remember this is completely new for u and the kids, so there’s gonna be bumps in the road...

I feel for you brethren, in the most genuine way I feel for you man...please don’t hesitate to cry or do whatever else it is you need to cope...it’s natural man...

Honestly my guy I’m sorry for you and your kids..and your wife seemed like a lovely person so cherish her memory forever man...damn my man I’m sorry this happened to you...

lobotomybeats lobotomybeats prayers to you and your family man. i joke about life insurance all the time whenever i do stupid sht but i cannot imagine what you must be going through. i kid you not, i legit shed tears reading your posts.

you're a lot stronger than you know man.

My son just had his last practice for his first summer league b-ball season ages (9-10) it was an 8 game season. He has fun out there even though a couple of the teams were stacked :lol: they turned off the score board on his team 2 times this season. My son isn’t the greatest b-ball player out there, we always try to practice as much as possible but man there’s some kids out there that don’t even know how to dribble with their dominant hand. Sorry as a parent how can you put your kid out there without at least trying to practice fundamentals with him or her? Anyone ever coached a kids team? How do you deal with these kids that shouldn’t even be out there? I just find it crazy that some parents don’t even try to prepare their kid for the sport.
I've coached my son's T-Ball (4-5-year-old) team two seasons in a row and it was rough but so rewarding. I always try to get some of the parents to help run drills cause I like to do multiple groups to keep the kids from standing around. When it comes to the kids who can't do some basic things I'm excited to see those kids. Generally, those are the kids of parents who have never played sports so for them to bring the kid is a huge step. With those kids I just want to see that they have progressed from the start to finish and make sure they want to come back next season.
3 years old
IMG_0753.JPG

4 Years old
IMG_0044.jpg.jpg

I've coached my son's T-Ball (4-5-year-old) team two seasons in a row and it was rough but so rewarding. I always try to get some of the parents to help run drills cause I like to do multiple groups to keep the kids from standing around. When it comes to the kids who can't do some basic things I'm excited to see those kids. Generally, those are the kids of parents who have never played sports so for them to bring the kid is a huge step. With those kids I just want to see that they have progressed from the start to finish and make sure they want to come back next season.
3 years old
IMG_0753.JPG

4 Years old
IMG_0044.jpg.jpg
As a parent I love watching and seeing that progression with the kids learning. But there’s always that 1 kid i feel like they’re going to get hurt out there because they aren’t properly prepared

Thank you for all the kind words, everyone.

I am really sorry for your loss. Your story hit me hard harder than anything I have read in a while.

Your kids couldn't have asked for a better father. I am sure you have already thought of this but I would definitely consider putting the kids through therapy. Kids generally do not know how to grieve and it usually turns into anger and despair as they grow. Therapy might also help you navigate through this tough time, that's if you feel like you need it. Like the rest of the NT fam said, my inbox is open as well. Feel free to reach out.

Haven't been in here in a minute......

lobotomybeats lobotomybeats I'm so sorry for your loss man.

It was devastating reading your posts so I can't imagine what you're going through. |l

Prayers and blessing to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom