OFFICIAL NT ORGANIZER / PLANNER THREAD

john hancock

Banned
So for those of us with jobs, school, families or juggling all three share your planning or organizational tips and habits with us. Do you own an appointment book or does an app or digital planner work better for you?

In.

I'm in desperate need of some organization insight. Potentially great thread, OP.

I started using my iPhone calendar again. Set an alert the day before, and an hour before (thinking of changing it to 2 hours before though)

If someone can somehow inspire me to stop procrastinating on things that aren't appointments with this thread it would be dope though :lol:

Last edited:
I started using my iPhone calendar again. Set an alert the day before, and an hour before (thinking of changing it to 2 hours before though)

If someone can somehow inspire me to stop procrastinating on things that aren't appointments with this thread it would be dope though
laugh.gif
2014 was horrible for me, I purchased desk calendars, planners and wrote in them but forget half the dates in them. I've tried this Android app and it's just annoying. But when ever I'm discussing business with someone who has an assistant, she/he is always pulling out a cool date book with tabs and labels and well organized. I'm hi-key jelly.

Use google calendar for everything. Helps keep me organized. Got it synched so that I get notifications on my phone, tablet, and computer. There is literally zero chance I'll miss something. You just have to get in the habit of plugging in important dates as soon as things come up. In addition, I also find using the "reminder" feature on my iPhone to be VERY helpful.

Use google calendar for everything. Helps keep me organized. Got it synched so that I get notifications on my phone, tablet, and computer. There is literally zero chance I'll miss something. You just have to get in the habit of plugging in important dates as soon as things come up. In addition, I also find using the "reminder" feature on my iPhone to be VERY helpful.
You aren't concerned with privacy breaching? Or accidentally getting locked out of your account and losing everything? Or if you travel internationally, I believe there's countries that have Google banned, or Google banned them. What about back up?

If someone can somehow inspire me to stop procrastinating on things that aren't appointments with this thread it would be dope though :lol:

LOL this is me, and also something that no planner will help with. if anything, it will make us feel guilty when we receive the notification, then refuse to take action ....

I have a career and I am in school. I need a planner and motivation, or a book on how NOT to procrastinate. I had a good 2014, but still was very lazy with it.

Great Thread Starter!

I like how this planner I have makes sure you're only able to jot down the important stuff, during important hours 7am-5pm ...anything after that is an event, on that should maybe be added in the "NOTES" section.

59Ft3F0.jpg

You aren't concerned with privacy breaching? Or accidentally getting locked out of your account and losing everything? Or if you travel internationally, I believe there's countries that have Google banned, or Google banned them. What about back up?

Not too worried...forgot to mention that I also write things down on a desk calendar as well and have things color coordinated w/ highligher (blue/green/yellow). I try to cover all the bases.

As you get older, you realize how frustrating it is to deal with people who are disorganized. No offense to anyone in here, of course :lol:

Last edited:
Not too worried...forgot to mention that I also write things down on a desk calendar as well. I try to cover all the bases.

As you get older, you realize how frustrating it is to deal with people who are disorganized. No offense to anyone in here, of course
laugh.gif
I'm one of those people, didn't dawn on me how irresponsible and cocky I was. I've messed up a lot of money, and opportunities by not sticking to schedule. I'm trying to calculate better choices and opportunities and stick to them this year.

I think I was subconsciously intimidated by the appointments I jotted down, and so I deflected that anxiety with cockiness and mishandling of other people's time and money.  

Last edited:
Oh yea I also am always late for everything

People joke that I'm gunna be late to my own funeral

During the semester I use something called "semester on a page" and hung it right above my desk. It helped keep things in perspective when it came to due dates and exam dates.

Didn't stop me from procrastinating fuklly, but it helped......kinda :lol:

View media item 1337120

Low key motivation thread :nerd:

While I may not feel that I have wasted money

Let me start all over, because I am blind to my own faults at times. Time is money, and I wasted a few weeks away last year. Getting back to people when it was convenient for me. Not taking action immediately and identifying certain gaps in plans, and execution.

Organization is essential but so is time management.

Personally I feel like electronic planners make me for forgetful or less organized

Its all about the real planners. 

very Picky about mine as well 

zzz zxczc

Personally I feel like electronic planners make me for forgetful or less organized

Its all about the real planners. 

very Picky about mine as well 

zzz zxczc
I tried an Android app and looked at it in a bad mood, set it one day before the appointment. I got an alarm notification and looked at it like "what the **** you beeping for?"  

russell-westbrook.jpg

...missed an important appointment though 
mean.gif
​.  I need to get organized, that's the key. 

Back
Top Bottom